Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Spain v England EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Spain v England EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Spain v England EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Spain v England EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Spain v England EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Spain v England EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Spain v England EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Spain v England EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Spain v England EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Spain v England EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Spain v England

+3
Topdawg
ManCityMan
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

Spain v England Empty Spain v England

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:30 am

Actually watched it - don't ask me why!

Spain were great in possession without really threatening England, until that wonder goal from Mario. What a brilliant finish.

I'm sure MP was watching Sterling and thinking "if you give the ball away that easy for us, then not bother following your runner, allowing him to score like that, you'll be dropped".

Thought Sterling was really poor last night. He wasn't the only one. Barkley was non-existent. Lallana - what the fuck is he all about? What a terrible player. Thought Delph was doing OK chasing around, but again, as with most of the others, the passing was woeful. Carrick has no energy, that's why he just hits 40 yard balls everywhere.

Kane worked hard up top on his own, but his finishing was shite.

Hate to say it, but the two CB's did well. Hart made some crucial saves late on, but again, his distribution was awful at times.

Not really sure what Hodgson's plan was. He knew Spain would keep the ball for long periods, but they neither pressed them, or sat back and closed down spaces...it was disjointed and a mess tactically.

I read all this "they've qualified unbeaten"....well the first game they play against anybody decent, without the likes of Silva in their team, we got completely outplayed again.

No wonder I don't generally bother watching International football...on the whole, it's shit and an interference with the PL.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Spain v England Empty Re: Spain v England

Post by skyblueoz Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:39 am

surely even someone with half a brain must realize England were unbeaten due to poor opposition rather than England being a top team. I expected nothing but a defeat & when I awoke this morning I was less than surprised at the scoreline.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Sterling really is clueless, his only ability is his pace. His pass selection and his pass execution is dire, his shooting is dire and his tracking and tackling is not much better. I know people keep saying he is still young but he is old enough that he should be doing the basics a lot better. We paid £49m for this lad and i really can't see him ever justifying that price tag and we'll end up letting him go at a loss i'm afraid.
I have to agree that Lallana is nowhere near as good as he is hyped up to be and commits a lot of fouls, Barkley just kept shooting on sight, badly and passing, badly.
Not looking forward to the tournament and i really thing Roy's time is over, i'd like to see a younger manger with a footballing brain more in tune with the modern game.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:33 pm

Hodgson is too negative.

If you want attacking football with limited talent, how about Pardew?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:39 am

Wait a minute, this was a half ass team playing away against one of the top 3 teams in world football....and it was a friendly.
I get all the above comments, but half the players who started aren't gonna be 1st choice come next summer.....and what did you expect from Sterling too, he plays like that 90% of the time....we all know he's over-rated.

Let's also remember, we had 10 shots (which ain't too bad) to their 15 and it took a worldie goal to put us behind aswell.

I love watching England play in major tournaments, but hate watching them in friendlies...as they're only a really used as meeting up exercises. I'm not worried or dismayed at all by this display, in fact i expected it, things will be different come the summer.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:58 am

yep, we won't get out of the group!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:42 am

shakencity wrote:things will be different come the summer.
Quite true, Shaken. Spain will put two past us in the first fifteen minutes instead of the last. Assuming, of course, we have them in our group. I doubt we'll see the last 16.

But then again, Germany went through the same thing ten years ago. They offloaded their ageing stars and replaced them with a really young squad and, for a little while, they didn't do much. But now those same kids have World Cup winners medals. I'm not suggesting for a second that this will happen to us - for starters, those kids played for the top 4 clubs in Germany on a regular basis, whereas most of ours don't - but at least it's a step in the right direction.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:48 am

Sorry den but even if it was the England 1st 11 they are still light years away from being a top team, we do not have a glut of kids coming through the ranks & the kyle walkers / Nathaniel clynes of this world do not shake fear into the opposition. We are currently bang average.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:52 am

leopold wrote:
Quite true, Shaken.  Spain will put two past us in the first fifteen minutes instead of the last.  Assuming, of course, we have them in our group.  I doubt we'll see the last 16.
Fuck me, why will they?

I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion and you might well be right in yours, but i'm ever the optimist with England in Tournaments....i'm not saying i expect them to win to damn thing, but i certainly expect and hope they get to the semis.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:54 am

Give over, Oz! Bang average? I'd be happy if we were THAT good!

Kyle Walker is shite. We need a better RB and I think I've found one. It's currently sat on the M62, marking traffic off the hard shoulder. If it can keep 40 tonne trucks from getting past it, I'm sure it can keep out Europe's best. Although, thinking about it, it was on the LEFT when I saw it... bugger Sad
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:55 am

skyblueoz wrote:Sorry den but even if it was the England 1st 11 they are still light years away from being a top team
I'm not saying we're are Oz....but everyone's quick to shoot us down on Fridays showing.

That display will have NO reflection on next summers Championship....hopefully Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:57 am

shakencity wrote:
leopold wrote:
Quite true, Shaken.  Spain will put two past us in the first fifteen minutes instead of the last.  Assuming, of course, we have them in our group.  I doubt we'll see the last 16.
Fuck me, why will they?

I guess everyone's entitled to their own opinion and you might well be right in yours, but i'm ever the optimist with England in Tournaments....i'm not saying i expect them to win to damn thing, but i certainly expect and hope they get to the semis.
I watch all the England games as well, Shaken, and I too wish them well in the competition. But the Spain we played on Friday is the same as the Brazil we played last year, the France we're going to play tomorrow and every other friendly game we ever play against the top teams: Those other teams don't put in half the effort. Trust me, Spain will step it up in the competition proper and, while we have Kyle Walker in the squad, we're going to have a gaping hole in the back four that they will exploit with impunity.

I'm not saying we're going to fail, I just think we're going to need a huge slice of luck to get anywhere.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:59 am

Honestly can't see us doing anything at all. We might get out of an easy group as there are so many teams.

If we get anywhere, it won't be due to Roy.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:04 am

leopold wrote:
shakencity wrote:
leopold wrote:
Fuck me, why will they?

I'm not saying we're going to fail, I just think we're going to need a huge slice of luck to get anywhere.
I don't doubt that for a second leo and i did say in my 1st post that half the players that started on Friday wouldn't be 1st choice come Summer....that was my point.

Whether the other major teams will step things up is another matter, but i personally wasn't pissed off with England losing on Friday....it was just a friendly. If we lost 2-0 come next June/July, then i would be.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:34 pm

shakencity wrote:I don't doubt that for a second leo and i did say in my 1st post that half the players that started on Friday wouldn't be 1st choice come Summer....that was my point.
No, I'm pretty sure that some of them won't be on the pitch in the tournament either. But that doesn't alter my thoughts on where we're going to get to. We just don't have the same quality in the first team as other countries do and this is why we won't succeed. You don't see players in the French, German, Spanish or Italian sides who play for clubs who are also-rans in their leagues. We can barely scrape together a side comprising of players from the top four teams, and even then we're looking at bit part players.

If we get an easy group, we should be good enough to get out of it. But the second we come up against a decent side, we're going to lose. We just aren't that good.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:39 pm

You may well be right mate...i guess we'll just have to wait n see what happens Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Yeah. It'll be fun finding out!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:48 pm

We'll do cock all whilst Roy is in charge.

The players looked shit scared against Spain. The tactics, if there were any, were...lets try and press, but keep it tight. Well we did neither. They passed us to death, tired us out and then showed that if they needed to, they could step it up. And that was without Silva!
This England team have absolutely no identity. Most other top teams in Europe have one - you know how they are going to play and they play to their strengths. Roy is clueless.

Jesse Lingard? WTF? Put my name forward if you're dishing out England caps that easy!! 4 PL games!

The likes of Shilton, Lineker, etc must be thinking - "if I was playing today, I'd have 180 caps"....it's bollocks.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 16, 2015 2:17 pm

wake me up when international break is over!  Waste of 2 good weeks of football.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:59 am

The only way England will win the tournament is if every other team fails to turn up. 

Jesse lingard? as long as you are English & play in the top teams you will get a place regardless of talent. Poor old keiran Gibbs must be wondering what he has done wrong,
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:14 am

If every other team fails to turn up, we'll get knocked out by virtue of our three 0-0 draws.

I don't want us to play gung ho football, but I don't want this negative shit we sometimes see.

We've got pace especially in midfield with Ox, Walnut, Sturridge, Vardy, Sterling etc. so we should be using them to be all over the oppo defence. Spain do it and we've seen top club sides do it. We've also seen that some managers can get a few extra km from their team, so why don't we give it a go?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:42 am

England's greatest weapon should be pace,we can have a team full of dynamic pacy players which would be a handful for the vast majority of international sides but sadly we have this sad sack of a manager who makes Van Gaal seem like kevin keegan
We won't do anything until this prize prick is removed which will obviously be after the Euros when I very much doubt we will be the last of the home nations on the way back home from France
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:53 am

Agree
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:11 pm

My only consolation is that at least i wont have to suffer gloating jocks if we are knocked out early, it seems to totally pass them by that they failed to qualify  Very Happy They'll be supporting every team England plays anyway, twisted fuckers.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 17, 2015 1:51 pm

Do Scotland still have a team? scratch
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero