Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month?

+5
BoyWithTheArabsCash
joeymancityz
shakencity
lee1pen
Topdawg
9 posters

Go down

Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? Empty Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month?

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:27 am

I really don't want or expect us to bring in many more new faces before the season starts unless we get offered someone that really is worth it.

We play our first league match in less than two weeks so how can a first team player get into sync with the rest of the team?

A squad player has more time to fit in so that would be more likely a proposition.

Nothing seems to have moved on Nasri which makes me wonder if we really want him.

Bobby is said to want another winger and midfielder.

Why not get Mata from Valencia and stop there? Valencia have done business with us before and will probably favour selling to us rather than Arsenal.

Mata is young and an excellent player with great potential.

That will leave Arsenal in disarray with both Cesc and Nasri wanting to leave and maybe neither of them doing so. Wenger must be doing his nut.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? Empty Re: Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month?

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:40 am

Wouldnt mind top cover for Hart but apart from that I think we have a reasonable squad. Yes Nasri would be good but we seem to have covered the main problem of left back and have a versatile defensive unit....

Funny for the first time I'm a little happy about the season...well if not now being paranoid about losing 6 in a row is happy
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month? Empty Re: Who else should we buy now the transfer window is closing in less than one month?

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:05 am

I agree lee, RM has covered the problem areas (LB, CB & a Tevez replacement). The squad at present imo is good enough to be challenging for the title, Nasri signing would simply be a bonus now but not a necessity.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by joeymancityz Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:14 am

I think the same squad as last season (with the welcome additions of Aguero, Cliche and the Yugoslavian geezer) will seriously challenge for the title.

We finished the season very strongly, our defence is mainly excellent, the players who came in last season have the 1st year of prem experience under their belt (ie- Silva, Y Toure, Balotelli etc).

Don't think we need much more tinkering with.
joeymancityz
joeymancityz
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:22 am

The only positions that we need someone are, back up GK, Taylor scares me shitless every time he has played and if we could get the likes of Nasri, i would be a very happy bunny indeed. But on the whole, i agree, we already have the squad this year to be challenging for the title.(But i'll still be secretly relieved when we get to 40 points) Embarassed
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 pm

every season i hoped we'd get to 40 points. now i start the season hoping we get to 70 points.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:24 pm

Personally - I'd like some cover for just one player in particular, who, if he doesn't play, we don't play as well.............Silva.

Not really sure we have anybody, anywhere near his creativeness.

Nasri or Fabregas would fit the bill.........but we'd only get one of them - Nasri.

As for wingers, Milner and Johnson can play on the left if need be. Both could play on the right wing. Not sure we need another winger - i.e. Lennon.

Which takes me to my next post.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 pm

Not sure why Mancini has said he wants a CM and a RM? If we bring in Nasri I don't think we need to add any more depth to the midfield.

Last season we had 9 midfielders named in the 25 man squad, so this year:

De Jong, Barry, Milner, Yaya, Silva, SWP, AJ, Weiss, Nasri

Sounds alright to me! Then I'd bring in Sorenson for cover for Hart. Would expect us to have a pretty settled squad after this summer though.

Don't know who's made the Lennon link. Mancini doesn't rate Sweep so why would he want to bring in the younger version?
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:20 am

Nasri or Sneijder in MF & cover for Hart & we should be quids in
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:35 pm

http://menmedia.co.uk/manchestereveningnews/sport/football/manchester_city/s/1454874_manchester-city-sign-romania-goalkeeper-costel-pantilimon?rss=yes

Well thats cover for Hart sorted, i dont remember him but he has the experience we need. Just another MF and we'll be sorted.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:51 pm

bobby says we need 2 or 3 more players!!!

His squad is only 21 or 22 out of the 25 so we have the space for more.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down