Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City v Villa - Live Thread

+5
leopold
TMG
Nijinsky
Topdawg
blueboy
9 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 Empty City v Villa - Live Thread

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:26 pm

First topic message reminder :

So...team? Do you care? Rolling Eyes

For what it's worth, I think he'll play this:

Hart
Sagna, Vinny, Mangala, Kolorov
Fernandinho,
Navas,TLMLF, Sterling,
Aguero, Bony
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

City v Villa - Live Thread - Page 2 Empty Re: City v Villa - Live Thread

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:16 pm

And yes I would mind if we played shit and won 4-0. As I said winning is not eveything fir me personally.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:17 pm

I am as you say fed up of sounding like a broken record. So we have to agree to disagree. I for one take the 4-0 & say great result & noticed (rightly or wrongly depending on your stance ) the bulk of the media are saying we played very well all game albeit against a poor villa side.

The twitter feeds on the city website also were saying candidates for man of the match other than Sergio included Clichy, Otamendi, Yaya & Silva whom the press reckoned both the latter had their best games in a long time & saying silva was back to his genius best.  Like I said at the very top all opinions we all see things different. 

Sorry Blue I read it that you said Bony should have been subbed at half time instead of "he had a woeful 1st half". which was why I stated the pass because it was in the 2nd half. My bad
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:06 pm

No probs Oz....you don't have to apologise to me. I try not to take members opinions to heart - in fact, I appreciate them. Be boring of we all agreed.

Interesting you mentioned what the media said about Silva. I thought he was one of the main culprits in the 1st half and thought his passing was ridiculously poor for him.

However, he did have a great second half.

I do agree though, thought Clichy was excellent from start to finish.

Oatmendi did well...but let's face it, they didn't have much to do....when he faced LFC midweek, he was positionally shocking....so I'm not reading too much into his performance yesterday. I still thinks he's a liability against better teams and there are far better defenders out there, that I expect Pep to buy in the summer.

TLMLF? Sorry, he was better than normal, but against who? He was walking with the ball for large parts of the 2nd half. I think I could have controlled that MF in the second half!  Razz

I want him and the others to play like that second 45 minutes from the start - and that, for me, is why I'm frustrated.

I honestly would have dragged Bony off the pitch after 25-30 minutes yesterday, he was that crap. Yes, he played a nice pass into Aguero, which, by the way, never reached Aguero as Richards cleared it easily - but sadly for him, straight at Sergio...so all in all, he shouldn't be anywhere near a starting place IMO...again, blind faith by the manager when we have Kelechi who has a far better touch, quicker, better finisher and has proven that this season.

Still, I'm happy with the 3 points - but for me, it's all a little too late for me to be positive about how this/last season has gone under this manager - because frankly, he's been poor with the resources he's had.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:33 pm

Agree blueboy wholeheartedly! 

Oz to me and I only speak for myself it is a bit silly to think fans have some kind of grudge against players for no valid reason. At the end of the day we don't know them on a personal level and if someone can't stand Kolarov it's not because of his looks or personality. 

Same goes with manages,  MP generally  says all the right things (apart from some of his excuses which I admit all managers do) and he comes across as a nice guy plus all the players seem to like him.

I did not call for Mancini, Sven or even Hughes to be sacked because we were not a title winning team back then and the task was huge for them. We brought MP to take us to the next level do you honestly think he has done that?

Nevermind his tactical nous and ability to select the right team and motivate players I personally think he has set us back a few years by not developing the youth.

Bottom line is I don't believe he and many players are currently earning their wages.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Can't argue with that PSGsus.

Maybe the retort was a tad strong back at Oz, because I honestly don't think his comments were personal towards you, he was just putting his point across - as you have just done so eloquently. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:00 pm

On a lighter note BOING BOING BAGGIES !!  The Scum under 12s have finally been found out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:10 pm

.. and lets not forget that Navas - always maligned for his poor crossing had a very good game - worked as hard as ever - at least he shows commitment if not the talent of some of the team.  I thought they all worked harder in the second half albeit against a poor Villa side.  Utd were poor again today and worst of all Loserpool getting that last gasp penalty pissed me off royally.  How come they get a questionable penalty decision from a cross eyed linesman when we have been shorted for several nailed on pens.  It's just not consistent reffing.  Felt sorry for Palace.  They should have had one point.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:14 pm

About time...and I've said this so many times, Referee's, just like Managers and Players are put up in front of the media under PL rules - should be made to be interviewed after the game to explain their decisions.

God knows, the likes of Pardew tonight, had to, under enormous pressure not to speak his mind...yet they get away with it time and time again...why should they be immune to media questions???

Run by a bunch of fuck-wits if you ask me.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:35 pm

Maybe a strong response to Oz but I meant no offence. ..just responding to his comments after he did to mine... I think he was just annoyed by a few people including myself moaning after a win to be honest MP has completely ruined this season for me and the bitterness won't go away! Smile

Glad the rags lost, made my Sunday! 

I don't see what the harm is to interview refs. If they don't give a penalty or foul they can just say I didn't see it! Done!
But no! They are holier than Jesus!

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 8:44 pm

But not PSgsus.... Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:18 pm

Last week I got to watch Wednesday vs Hull.  Foriestierri (for the Owls) was brought down by Dinky Dawson - of Hull fame.  Dawson went up to Foriestierri and apologised for scything him down.  However, the ref - gave Foriestierri a yellow card (second) for effing diving.  Dawson of course said nowt - even though both commentators saw him apologise to Foriestierri - and they replayed the foul about 4 times.  Of course Wednesday couldn't appeal as it was a second yellow and not a straight red.  At the end of the season - those missed points could be the difference in a play off spot.  Sods they are.  They never come back and admit they were dead wrong.  Just like you G-Sus Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 06, 2016 9:24 pm

Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:07 pm

Bunch of bullies you lot! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Mar 06, 2016 11:41 pm

Very Happy
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:20 am

I have to agree with whoever said we're a team of individuals. That performance against Villa was diabolical, with very little in the way of team momentum. Almost every pass is to feet. Where are the killer through balls? The number of time I saw players running into space, waiting for the deft ball to play them in and not one of them - not a single sodding one - was fed the ball. At one point in the first half, Serge made his umpteenth run, just to turn round and see the ball being played backwards. Why?? He was through the defence, a decent pass and he was on! On another occasion I actually saw him shrug his shoulders, clearly fed up of being ignored. And he wasn't the only one either: Navas was running time and again, Clichy and Zab did it regularly, even Bony was trying to get in behind and there was nothing coming to them. There was only one player on the pitch looking to play the smart ball and that was Serge, but then he's passing to players who can't score or weave like he can. Utterly rubbish.

Villa are done. Every game, they resist doggedly until the second goal goes in, then their heads drop. We won 4-0, fair enough, I shouldn't be greedy, but we should've been four up after thirty minutes and we weren't. We could've put 8 or 9 past them. Or how about going for the PL record and get 10 without reply? We could've done it, and it would've restored the goal difference we've frittered away. I'm not complaining about a win, but against such awful competition we should've done so much more. Our performance was simply not good enough and, if we play like that going forwards, well... All I can say is, at least we're guaranteed the EL.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:36 am

Gsus  I do not take offence at you it the slightest and you are more than entitled to your own opinion. I respect people for saying what they feel even if I don't agree. The bottom line for me in this whole debate is we have a terrible history of changing managers we have been a "laughing stock" to parody a cliché in some quarters because of this. We now find ourselves in a position of strength but still it is not enough for some and are bemoaning the coach and want him out. In 10 games or so that will happen again I am excited for the future because of who is coming in & where it can take our club, my grave concern is it is a 3 year contract, & at the end of 3 years where will that leave us in terms of a replacement?

The other concern is the youth aspect. In his 3 years at Bayern I have not seen a youth product come through the ranks all players have been bought.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 07, 2016 9:15 am

skyblueoz wrote: In 10 games or so that will happen again I am excited for the future because of who is coming in & where it can take our club, my grave concern is it is a 3 year contract, & at the end of 3 years where will that leave us in terms of a replacement?

The other concern is the youth aspect. In his 3 years at Bayern I have not seen a youth product come through the ranks all players have been bought.

I think it's all part of their grand plan Oz, I think a certain Patrick Viera is very much lined up to replace Pep when he has seen out his contract.

He won the opening League Game for NYC too yesterday.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:12 pm

yes but a report in one of the British papers today also saying if Arsenal part with Wenger they are lining up Viera, so I hope someone within City has told Viera of the long term strategy.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 07, 2016 2:30 pm

skyblueoz wrote:yes but a report in one of the British papers today also saying if Arsenal part with Wenger they are lining up Viera, so I hope someone within City has told Viera of the long term strategy.
I'm pretty sure he knows.  That's why he's at NYC now and not with some other club.  In fact, I think that's one of the main reasons we picked him up in the first place, cos he sure as hell wasn't brought in to be the main man in midfield for one season.

I'm sure Arsenal fans would love one of their heroes back at the helm if Wenger went.  But the board seem to be content with financial stability and fourth place and as long as he's doing that, he's got a job for life.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:32 pm

I reckon Arsene will be moved upstairs at the end of the season.
This was the best opportunity in many seasons for the Goons to win the PL & unless he does they'll give someone else a go finally
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2