Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Team vs Norwich - Page 3 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Team vs Norwich

+7
skyblueoz
leopold
TMG
Paulpowersleftfoot
shakencity
blueboy
Topdawg
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Team vs Norwich - Page 3 Empty Team vs Norwich

Post by Topdawg Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:58 pm

First topic message reminder :

Yaya out.

Hart
Sagna, Kompany, Otamendi, CLichy
Fernando, Fernandinho
Navas, Silva, Iheanacho
Aguero

I'd have Diaz on the bench
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Team vs Norwich - Page 3 Empty Re: Team vs Norwich

Post by Topdawg Sat Mar 12, 2016 3:53 pm

PSG, Barca, Bayern, Madrid, Atletico will mash us up. We'll need a massive slice of luck with the draw (assuming we get past Kiev) to get Wolfsburg or Benfica in the next round so we can make the semis.

Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:00 pm

I'm just fed up with this Manager...full stop.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:09 pm

In our last 24 league games, we've got 36 points. That's Europa form. We've lost 8 games out of those 24 games and let in 31 goals. I honestly cannot see us getting top 4 without a massive slice of luck. Lose to utd next weekend and that could be it with tough games against Chelsea and Arsenal to come.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:14 pm

Sorry to throw a big bucket of cold piss over anyone that thinks we can win the champions league - it is not going to happen.
Our only hope of being in that competition next season is to finish in the top four, and our 'manager' is doing his level best to prevent that.
If he is left in charge I will guarantee that we will end up 6th. And forget any trophies, that is what he will be remembered for..
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 12, 2016 4:18 pm

That's exactly what I said before....forget the CL, top 4 is a MUST.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2016 6:28 pm

36 points out of 24 games is shocking. The rags have 37 points out of 24 with that shocking team! And we are in danger of not making the top 4! Mancini got sacked and we were never in this desparate situation. What are the owners thinking!?? Surely not making the top 4 will set us back...

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:07 am

I still think we will make the top 4 barring a recurrence of crippling injuries to key players. After the Uniturd game we have a 2 week international break & hopefully a full squad to pick from as we can then include De bruyne Nasri & Delph. With that talent available it does give us options.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:51 am

Never looked forward to an International break before! Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:25 am

After some of the woeful performances of late, I'm actually looking forward to the end of the season, just to get it over with...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:19 pm

Yes, and throw everything into the Rag game.  Would rather do down 4-5 going all out full on press than another insipid 0-0 bore fest that we all know it is going to be, as both teams have shit managers and the story will be they must not lose.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:02 am

I know it's all ifs n buts fellas, but West Ham are at Chelsea this weekend, which i expect them to lose....so beating the Rags is a must, that'll open the gap up to 5th massively and give us a bit of breathing space.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:38 am

It helps that the hammers and rags have an FA Cup replay to distract them as well, chances are they'll chase that more.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:39 am

Exactly Shaken, with a nice 2 week break afterwards too.   Get the players fit and then we should hopefully have enough, even taking the "Engineer" factor out of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:43 am

I really think we'll see a difference when KDB comes back, add to that Nasri, though he'll be very rusty, he can add a bit of impetus if needed from the bench.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:44 am

And with Arsenal now hitting their end of season form (1 win in the last 7 games) we might even hit third :O
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:29 pm

I just hope Leicester can hold on,  Spuds fans will be unbearable if they win.  In order it's Rags, Dippers, Spuds for worst fans for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:38 pm

Can't see past Leicester...with their run in, they'd have to have an almighty blow up to lose it....and they can just concentrate on the league title.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:55 pm

I used to get a bit of a high when City were on the live game on TV but now i just get the old feeling of dread, deja Vous or cityitis call it what you will.
What should be a simple game against Norwich or Aston Villa fills me with the aforesaid feeling rather than 2 years ago when i would be wondering how many we would stick past them and how the rival teams were getting on.
I gave up on this season's title hopes after the debacle against Stoke when we could and should have lost 5-0 rather than 3-0.
I too now just can't wait for the end of this season, i am not hopeful that we will finish with any further silverware to the Capital One Cup we were fortunate to acquire. Lets hope Pep rebuilds this lacklustre team and adds some sparkle with fresh (younger)talent to a tired and ageing side.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:22 pm

Well, have to agree MCM. I find occupying myself whilst they're on TV helps... Razz

My lads always say "why don't you just sit down and watch the game?"

Just can't be arsed. This Manager and the players efforts have made me apathetic for the past 12 months. Apart from Sevilla and Kiev away, oh, and Aguero's 5 against Newcastle...I'm struggling to think of a game where I've gone "wow, brilliant performance - great game"....yes, we've won games, but very few have gotten me excited for a couple of years.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:27 pm

I miss a lot of other things to watch matches. That's the way it's always been but I'm inclined not to any more. I find myself agreeing to take the missus out (or at least not putting up much of a fight).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:44 pm

Heading to Peak District for a spa break on Sunday. Planned to stop and watch the game in a pub on the way to the hotel, but just told the missus we aren't going to now. That is unheard of for me on derby day.
But if we put in yet another shite performance we will get spanked and that will ruin the break. Can't risk that.
And if we win, which I seriously seriously doubt, I will watch it with a warm glow and a pint later.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:26 pm

Guess that's the way some fans have become..which is sad really.

I'm just hoping the team really go for it tomorrow against Kiev and give the fans something to croon about again...take some confidence and hope into the derby.

We'll be back being positive (to a certain degree) even if it's just for the derby, if we put in a good performance tomorrow.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:27 pm

If I didn't give a toss about the club, my club, then I wouldn't have become this way.
I can forgive many things, but a complete lack of effort on the part of some players ( who, by the way, earn as much in a week as I will earn in 4 years) is too much for me.
To see Toure strolling around the pitch without any interest after bleating about a lack of respect, and Bony showing no passion or willingness to close down opposition players or chase down the ball, or Navas running down blind alleys and not taking on defenders, or Sterling continually frustrating with his ineffectiveness time and time again, has honestly proven too much for me.
And I could moan about quite a few others this season ( please don't get me started on Kolarov).
So, yes it is sad that this is the way some fans have become, but it's been caused by the most frustrating string of performances from underperforming 'world class' players that I have ever had to endure. And as I am 51 you can be sure that I have seen some abject performances over the years.
Lack of passion and bewildering team selections and tactics are things I won't accept.
So this derby day I shall steer well clear. But that doesn't mean I don't care about the result and my club.
And if we put in a performance I shall be the first one to raise a glass.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:25 pm

Just whatever you do don't compare their salaries to your own! Just call it unprofessional behaviour!

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:08 pm

That's the same thing that bothers me. I can cope with us playing well and losing. I never minded when we were ambitious but rubbish. We had some crap players, but at least they tried. Some fans laugh at our heroes from the last couple of decades (Sweep leaps to mind), but we knew they gave their all for the shirt, for the club, for us.

But what of now? Well, I doubt anyone would question the passion of Joe, Vinny or Zaba. Serge is clearly committed and Navas, for all his flaws, does seem to care. But beyond that, I'm finding questions. Clichy plays well enough, but I'm not sure we see his drive enough. Same with Sagna and Dino, they have done well, but to what end? Even Spanish Dave seems to lack the edge. And some show no passion at all. And this is what bugs me; we have some great players, but it seems like their heart isn't in it. If they aren't bothered, it seems a bit much to ask us to be.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:28 pm

leopold wrote:That's the same thing that bothers me. I can cope with us playing well and losing. I never minded when we were ambitious but rubbish. We had some crap players, but at least they tried. Some fans laugh at our heroes from the last couple of decades (Sweep leaps to mind), but we knew they gave their all for the shirt, for the club, for us.

But what of now? Well, I doubt anyone would question the passion of Joe, Vinny or Zaba. Serge is clearly committed and Navas, for all his flaws, does seem to care. But beyond that, I'm finding questions. Clichy plays well enough, but I'm not sure we see his drive enough. Same with Sagna and Dino, they have done well, but to what end? Even Spanish Dave seems to lack the edge. And some show no passion at all. And this is what bugs me; we have some great players, but it seems like their heart isn't in it. If they aren't bothered, it seems a bit much to ask us to be.
sad, but true.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:55 pm

Merlin is carrying an injury. He has been for the last few months apparently. ..MP played him for 120 minutes! Wonder why we get all these injuries and Leicester are running away with it with the same players . Playing their balls off every week.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:29 am

Personal Gsus wrote:Wonder why we get all these injuries and Leicester are running away with it with the same players . Playing their balls off every week.
It's something we've all wondered mate....maybe Leicester have just been lucky in that department.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:30 am

that and Mahrez falls over when anyone comes near him and always gets a free kick so has not taken a tackle all season...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:08 am

Personal Gsus wrote:Merlin is carrying an injury. He has been for the last few months apparently. ..MP played him for 120 minutes! Wonder why we get all these injuries and Leicester are running away with it with the same players . Playing their balls off every week.

Leicester haven't been in 4 competitions for most of the season. They haven't been to a final, played through group stages of CL football...and, haven't had the injuries we've had. However, what they seem to have is a plan and all the players buy into it. They rarely change to accommodate how the opposition set up, they know what they are good at, they are organised at the back, hungry for success and the trappings that come with that ($).

They have many players who have a point to prove to previous employers and some of these are getting on a bit as well - almost like a last chance saloon.

Huth 31

Morgan 32

Fuchs 29

Simpson 29

Vardy 29

They have players who have been bought from lower leagues around the world and given the chance to play in the PL:

Kante

Okazaki

Mahrez

They have a Manager that has something to prove as well.

On the flip side, we've got a squad who have won the PL before, won C1C's, won the FA Cup. If you look at the PL since it's inception, very few teams have dominated year in year out - by that, I mean winning back to back titles. United, Arsenal and Chelsea, but out of them, only United did it for a sustained period, that's how difficult it is...and to keep that winning mentality and not allow the players to drop their standards takes a strong, opinionated manager - it's no coincidence that Taggert was the most successful manager, Mourinho managed it at Chelsea...and we have the quiet, charming man.

Leicester will struggle to replicate what they've achieved this season - history shows that this is an isolated event, however, that's not taking anything away from what they've achieved. Ranieri has found a style, kept his players fit and had a bit of luck along the way - last night with Vardy being offside isn't the only time they've had some dodgy decisions go for them this season, but hey, you need that.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:30 am

We've been lacking in so many departments this season, except talking the talk.

We've still got basically the same team we had under Mancini. Only Fernandinho and KdB have been an improvement on what we've had before.

Hart, Zabba, Kompany, Clichy, Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Aguero.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:58 pm

The offside last night and the outrageous deflection that looped over the keepers head to equalise when the were behind in the previous game to name but 2 good pieces of fortune.
Once they are playing in Europe next season and having to perform at a high level every 4 days we will see how long they manage without injuries especially their older players.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3