Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday gossip EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Monday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Monday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday gossip

5 posters

Go down

Monday gossip Empty Monday gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:52 am

There was not a great deal of friendly spirit on show on the pitch during the Community Shield game yesterday and the tone of the game spilled over into the post-match quotes.
The Sun’s Martin Blackburn and many of his colleagues reported Wayne Rooney’s reaction which displayed how much the contest meant to the Reds.

‘This shows who the best team is,’ the England striker told the media.‘All game we dominated. We never know when a game is finished, we took them apart. The scoreline is deserved.We are the champions and we're the team to beat. We want to prove that.

‘Obviously they are wanting to try and fight us for that title and today I think there was only one team that was going to win."

Later on Rooney tweeted: ‘I have to say I think today was a footballing lesson.’

Strong words when a long season has not yet kicked off and when one of City’s key players is yet to make an appearance. Argentine international Sergio Aguero sat on the bench watching the Wembley game.

There are many people waiting to see him in action, not least Sky pundit Jamie Redknapp who in his Daily Mail column has chosen our latest signing as one of his ‘ten to watch’.

‘Manchester City's new Mighty Mouse. Once Kevin Keegan's nickname at Hamburg, now Aguero is the new big-name arrival in the Premier League and all eyes will be cast in his direction,’ he wrote.

‘A stunning volleyer of the ball, he loves to hit it on the full and reminds me of the technique and expertise of Mark Hughes with that skill. He also loves to get the ball into the box with his back to goal and can hold up the play, or spin and run at defenders.’

In transfer news Alan Nixon at the Mirror reckons Bolton boss Owen Coyle has been given the go-ahead for talks with Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

'Wright-Phillips’s camp are looking for a four-year deal on his current £60,000-a-week but Coyle hopes to persuade him a switch will be good for his career if not his bank balance,' reckons Nixon.

And finally, a couple of places reported a technical hitch to our Match Day Centre yesterday which I can reveal to them was caused by one of our independent suppliers inputting United as the home team into an otherwise autmoated system. The site had been set up correctly with the Blues, as designated by the FA, the home side. We have had words stronger than Rooney's!
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Monday gossip Empty Re: Monday gossip

Post by TMG Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:16 am

Rooney is a fucking moron. Yesterdays game proved nothing
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 08, 2011 12:21 pm

Yesterday proved that they can only just manage to beat us when we are playing aboslute shit football and all are key players perform below par.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 pm

gratedbean wrote:Yesterday proved that they can only just manage to beat us when we are playing aboslute shit football and all are key players perform below par.

classic Razz

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:32 pm

Lets be honest, we were absolutely terrible, as bad as I have seen us play in the past 12 months and you lot fully deserved to win, but you've now got eejits on 606 comparing yourselves to Barcelona and completely writing off any chance of us winning anything next season, think one too many people are reading too much into yesterdays game.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Aug 08, 2011 2:04 pm

the people who are doing most of the" reading" are blues. United had a very young team out yesterday.

It always nice to beat city but to be honest I dont read anything into that game for the on coming season.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:22 pm

What's all that about Shrek having hair implants? Why go to that bother and then have a number 2 haircut?

Actually, why bother when you look like you've been dragged backwards through the Ugly forest Razz
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down