Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday Gossip EmptyToday at 11:53 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Monday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday Gossip

2 posters

Go down

Monday Gossip Empty Monday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 am

Mon 31 Oct 2011, 8:41AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

Good weekend for City, great weekend for Adam Johnson. Not only does he make a real impact off the bench against Wolves, but he is clasped warmly to the bosom of the Mancini family.

Who says so? Why Roberto, of course. More or less. The candid Blues manager has recently been telling the media that Adam can be better and more consistent, constructive criticism straight from the heart.

Now he tells the Independent's Nick Szczepanik: "I love Adam. It's like with children, if you love your children then sometimes you should be hard with them. If he was not a good player, then I wouldn't waste my time to do this.

"Because he has everything, I don't want him stopping at this level. I want him to go up a level, then a level more. He could become one of the top wingers."

Nick adds: "Mancini revealed that his opinion is shared by Fabio Capello, the England head coach. "'We know he is an incredible player but a player like him should play very well every game, like David Silva.

"'One versus one he is incredible, every time he takes the ball near the box wide then we can score a goal or have a chance. He did well today. But he can improve every month, every week, every day.'"

Over at goal.com, they've got some good old-fashioned injury news - remember that? - regarding the Champions League tie with Villarreal at El Madrigal, which isn't nearly as nice as it sounds.

They report: "Juan Carlos Garrido will have to make do without experienced midfielder Marcos Senna in Wednesday's Champions League game after the former Spain international picked up an injury.

"The 35-year-old picked up a hamstring injury in his side's 2-0 La Liga win over Rayo Vallecano on Saturday and was forced to leave the pitch after 49 minutes.

"Senna underwent further examination on Sunday and uefa.com reports that the hamstring problem will keep the midfielder out of his side's fourth Group A game."

Bit of a Halloween horror for the Spaniards, already without top striker Giuseppe Rossi, no points, and facing a City side that has racked up more Prem goals than any team at this stage, ever.

The Mail offers a breakdown of how the 36 were scored: Outside the box 11, open play 29, headers 3, from corners 6, direct free kicks 0. Hmmm. Let's brush up on those set pieces, eh lads?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Monday Gossip Empty Re: Monday Gossip

Post by shakencity Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:20 am

Let's all hope AJ lives up to his expectations then eh lee.

Yeah but Kolarov scored a direct free-kick in the CL against Napoli, so we can score from anywhere. Villerreal should be worried Wink .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down