Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday gossip EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Monday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Monday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday gossip

5 posters

Go down

Monday gossip Empty Monday gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:12 am

They're less conformist than you might expect at the Telegraph. On the eve of City's big kick-off, they throw the spotlight on somebody who definitely won't be facing Swansea tonight.

Under a headline that says he's switched from "playmaker to power broker", Patrick Vieira's new role at the club as football development officer is entertainingly examined by Duncan White.

Duncan chuckles: "After 20 years of scrapping with Roy Keane and the rest in the great stadiums of the world, Vieira now has to contend with a suit and an office. And even a boss: Brian Marwood, City's football administration officer."

He quotes the World Cup-winning midfielder: "It is exciting to be around Brian to watch how he works, how he runs the football club. He's been fantastic. He's taken time to explain things to me. Even if I don't understand the first time, he will explain it a second or third time.

"The way the club is growing at the moment makes it the perfect place to learn. In the last three years this club has grown in a way that it would take 15 years at another club."

He adds: "Marwood has been impressed with the speed at which Vieira is adapting to his new life. 'It is not easy to get your head around not playing after you have been doing it for so long, but he has adapted as well as I could have hoped,' Marwood said.

"'When we signed Patrick I remember telling Garry Cook that he would be one of the best signings we will ever make. I knew the influence he could have on this football club and now we are seeing it happen. He's going to offer so much to us.

"'He's an inspirational figure to the younger players and I want him to counsel them. Sometimes they want everything immediately and can be petulant about it. Patrick is there to help them understand the process, to talk to them about contracts, loan deals and things like that.'"

As for the small matter of the Premier League title, the Manchester Evening News back page splashes with "We can win it" on a Rob Dawson "exclusive" with a bullish Micah Richards.

"The title is possible, definitely," Micah tells Rob. "I do believe we're title challengers. I do believe on our day we can beat anyone, so why can't we win the title?"

Why not indeed? Micah also assures his interviewer: "I wouldn't say there's added pressure. We're relishing it. We'll go into it (the Swansea game) all guns blazing." Tin helmets on!

Meanwhile, the Independent's Ian Herbert reports that "the FA has waived the final three weeks of Kolo Touré's training ban to enable him to regain fitness ahead of the conclusion of his enforced six-month absence for taking an illegal substance.

"An FA tribunal ruled in May that the defender should be banned from playing and training with City until 2 September as punishment after taking his wife's dietary tablets and City had expected that the two or three weeks it would take for the Ivorian to return to match fitness would deprive them of his services until late next month.

"But Touré has started training with his team-mates already. The decision to allow him to return earlier ... means he will possibly be available immediately after next month's international break and in contention for City's fourth Premier League match – at home to Wigan."
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Monday gossip Empty Re: Monday gossip

Post by leopold Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:25 am

So we could have Kolo back as soon as the Wigan game? Question is, do we still want him or are we feeling more comfortable with Lescott in his place?

I'm not altogether sure. Lescott's not been that bad recently, and he can score the odd goal as well, so maybe we shouldn't bother...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:29 am

leopold, means their is more competition for places. Just one more thing, I know Kolo isnt the best in the prem but he is definately up there. I wonder, given their CB problems, if Arsene regrets selling him too us?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:33 am

True, and I do remember we had our biggest run of clean sheets with Kolo and Vinny at the back. Just wonder if it'll be a bit of a risk bringing him back without match sharpness. I don't want us to lose too many games early on as it could put us out of the hunt for the league title.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:40 am

I can't believe after all the slagging off i've given Lescott, i've actually put him in my FF team.

He's still shit (i'll never admit he's improved, even if he has), but i hope he keeps a clean sheet and scores tonight Laughing .

On current form i guess you have to say Kolo will struggle to get back in.......shit, what am i saying.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:20 pm

News in the shitty papers is that KIA Jizzlobba is over in Italy discussing a swap deal Tevez for Sneijder .
Were also in for Aaron Lennon to replace SWP which on current form seems fucking lunacy.
Also Mancini wants Neymar.....?!
And top it all Harry says that if we want Ade to go on loan to Spurts WE have to pay his £100k wages.....
All this guff is either in the People or the Star... What, slow newsday was it, even after Joey's antics???????
So 5-0 and we go top on goal diff... not counting any chickins (or swans) but a decent win will do whatever the score.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:55 pm

You do have to laugh............Arry wants Ade, but we have to stump up £100k pw of his wages? Fucking laughable. Tell you what ARRY, if you are that skint, you can have Ade plus £10m and we will take Bale. How does that sound you ugly twat??

As for Kia - if we ever try to do any other business with this cunt after Carlos Tevez - I will take a contract out on him personally! What a fucking twat of all twats he is.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down