Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Suggestions please as I don't know the answer EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Suggestions please as I don't know the answer

+2
Wensdi
Mainerdwasmychurch
6 posters

Go down

Suggestions please as I don't know the answer Empty Suggestions please as I don't know the answer

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Sat Apr 02, 2016 11:52 pm

Leicester have shown this season that what would be classed as buying bargain basement misfits from any club with money.....

For example.......Vardy....Huth.....Drinkwater....et al...can contribute to a winning formula rather than being classed as a "world class star"....

Are their players out there (considering pep is gonna be in charge) that would contribute to a city side that would cost less than a few million quid and do a better job than the players we have.....or are we just relying on high profile players (and management..!!) to boost the global appeal.?.....or will Pep only need to make 2/3 major signings to envigorate the others.....

And please everybody ignore yaya in the " can pep make him a better player " discussion........I love him and despise him in equal measure.......and pep has already been at a club that won't stand for his or his agents I'll-conceived outbursts........

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Suggestions please as I don't know the answer Empty Re: Suggestions please as I don't know the answer

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:32 am

Good question - we have had a few "bargain basement" players during Mancini's tenure - all miserable flops - Rodwell, Sinclair etc., but Bellamy wasn't a flop was he and a bargain at the price.  I'm quite sure if we paid a fortune for Vardy, Stones etc., they would be miserable flops also - either injured all the time or underperform ala Bony.  Paid a fortune for Santa Cruz - look at his record.  
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Suggestions please as I don't know the answer Empty Re: Suggestions please as I don't know the answer

Post by skyblueoz Sun Apr 03, 2016 2:14 am

yet Zabba & Kompany in the same context proved to be bargains. Sadly though none of us really get to hear about the bargains until they prove themselves which sort of defeats the question, Yes they are out there but how many actually go on to become that star we all crave for. Hindsight is brilliant.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:35 am

Hart and Clichy were good value too. 

Tbf, I think Leicester have been very lucky to get such a group of dropouts and journeymen pros to play so well together for a resoected, but hardly high achieving, manager. 

Or is their set up that good?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:21 am

Leicester while good to see is a one season thing, mahrez will be in Spain next season and then thats that. Next season for us is going to be very interesting. Pep has never had to earn his coin before, he has walked into championship winning teams. We are far from this at the moment, its a complete rebuild, so we will see what he is really made of.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:55 am

I think the times of getting "bargain basement/ex PL players" at City are a thing of the past.
How would you have felt if Mancini/Pellers had signed Huth at the beginning of their seasons?...that said, he'd have been better than £42m Mangala.

With the financial backing City have now, the management, Owners and even the fans expect big name signings now.

Leicester will prove to be one season wonders (and fair play to them), they'll take a serious nose dive next season and will do very well to finish mid table.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Agree - Leicester are the Cinderella team - but deservedly so and have shown such a togetherness and a lot of commitment.  Hats off to Ranieri for keeping the momentum going.  I do like their midflelder Kante though - a great find.  Don't care for Vardy even though he's from Sheffield.  Hope he keeps his England place though - he deserves it.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:23 am

Are their players out there (considering pep is gonna be in charge) that would contribute to a city side that would cost less than a few million quid and do a better job than the players we have.....or are we just relying on high profile players (and management..!!) to boost the global appeal.?

Sorry, had a mental weekend, but in answer to your question - take your pick, none of them will cost you a penny. Wink

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:44 am

Technically, we did buy some of those kids, but they wouldn't have been much money at all.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:51 am

Topdawg wrote:Technically, we did buy some of those kids, but they wouldn't have been much money at all.

Peanuts - not sure any of the above players cost anywhere near £1m, never mind a few.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 04, 2016 12:11 pm

Don't know about how much most of them cost, but Pozo was £2.4M.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:41 am

Been blumin stupid busy to get back on until now......BB...I get your point.....there have been many lacklustre performances this year from our so called superstars.....why the management hasn't dipped into that list on more occasions than he has has been a huge disappointment......it could have given the first eleven that kick up the arse they thoroughly deserved.....

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:49 am

Agree.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:51 am

Young players give energy and a desire to prove themselves. If they didn't work out, so be it. But to not even really try and stick to tried and tested 'failures' isn't on.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:14 am

One of the many reasons that has seen a decline in performances since we last won the league.....MP has not created competition for places....roll on the summer and PEP...

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:34 am

Mainerdwasmychurch wrote:One of the many reasons that has seen a decline in performances since we last won the league.....MP has not created competition for places....roll on the summer and PEP...
Bang on.

Navas doesn't really take people on and his crossing has been poor. Yet, when Sterling and /or Kevin are injured, he is almost guaranteed a starting spot. Ridiculous. Roberts, in my view, should have been given a few minutes somewhere this season. I know it's tough with a matchday squad of 18 to fit him or other youngsters in, but you have to pick your matches.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:54 am

I disagree, there's competition for places in all departments, it's only lacked it because of injuries....if all are fit, name me one position that we haven't got someone else who can play there.

As regards Navas, i'd take him over Sterling n Nasri any day of the week.....KdB n Silva are the only one i'd have out wide before Navas.

All that said, with the injuries we've had, i do agree that the younger players should have been given a some game time this season....can't see them getting much next season after Pep signs a few new faces.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:06 am

I actually agree with Navas above Sterling. Yoyo should definitely have been considered for the derby or we should have had Sagna at CB instead of MDM. We all figured he'd get found out for pace and Yoyo had Rashford in his pocket when the EDS played.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:07 am

Topdawg wrote:I actually agree with Navas above Sterling. Yoyo should definitely have been considered for the derby or we should have had Sagna at CB instead of MDM. We all figured he'd get found out for pace and Yoyo had Rashford in his pocket when the EDS played.
Completely agree Dawg
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down