Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyToday at 12:56 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
skyblueoz
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL Vote_lcapBiggest game of the season...outside the PL Voting_barBiggest game of the season...outside the PL Vote_rcap 
atlblue
Biggest game of the season...outside the PL Vote_lcapBiggest game of the season...outside the PL Voting_barBiggest game of the season...outside the PL Vote_rcap 
Wensdi
Topdawg
TMG

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Biggest game of the season...outside the PL

+2
blueboy
shakencity
6 posters

Go down

Biggest game of the season...outside the PL Empty Biggest game of the season...outside the PL

Post by shakencity Fri May 06, 2016 7:27 am

Promotion to the Premier League will be worth at least £170m to the winner of Saturday's Championship decider between Middlesbrough and Brighton, according to financial analysts Deloitte.
That figure could expand by around 41% to £290m if they avoid relegation in their first season in the top flight.
The £170m is made up of a minimum £95m for a year in the Premier League, plus two seasons of parachute payments.
Burnley have already been promoted after a 1-0 win over QPR on Monday.
The Clarets bounced back at the first attempt after being relegated to the Championship last season.
"Promotion to the Premier League provides clubs with the resources to make strategic investments on and off the pitch," said Richard Battle, senior manager in Deloitte's sports business group.
"While the short term priority is usually investment in the playing squad, a strong emphasis on ongoing financial stability can leave a club well positioned for the future - whether or not they survive that first season.
"Burnley bouncing straight back to the top flight of English football is evidence that short-term financial restraint can support medium-term success."
Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore said he was excited by the final-day encounter and the interest it had generated.
"It's been excellent. Burnley, obviously, we welcome them back. Sean Dyche has done a great job. But then the one next Saturday is tantalising," he told BBC Sport.
"I was looking to see if I could get from there to Leicester in time but I don't think I can.
"Middlesbrough, Brighton - either of which would be great to have in the league and then we still have the play-offs to come."

Confidence and calm on Teesside

Middlesbrough are in the stronger position going into the game, with home advantage and knowing that avoiding defeat will take them into the Premier League.
Head coach Aitor Karanka has steered his side on a nine-game unbeaten run, although the past three matches have ended in draws.
"Even when we couldn't win the last three games the performances kept me calm," Karanka told BBC Tees.
"I don't need to say anything, they're calm, they're looking forward to the game, they know how important this game is for everybody.
"They're ready, they're training really well so we're just carrying on."

'Fans fought to save Seagulls'

Brighton are looking to return to the top flight for the first time since 1982-83, having been one game away from relegation from the Football League in 1997.
Like Swansea and Bournemouth, two clubs that made it from one end of the pyramid to the Premier League, Brighton can follow in their footsteps with victory at the Riverside.
"Promotion would be the culmination of a lot of work from a lot of people," chief executive Paul Barber told BBC Sussex.
"The fans fought so hard to save the club and keep the club alive when it was playing at Gillingham and Withdean. It would be a massive reward for those people.
"For everyone, it would be an amazing achievement and an amazing occasion."

'I will prepare us to win'

Brighton face a Boro side that has lost only twice and conceded only seven goals at the Riverside.
Despite Middlesbrough needing one point for promotion, Karanka said he would urge his team to get all three.
"I don't know how to prepare a game just to draw, in my experience, if you go to the pitch looking for the draw at the end you lose the game," the Spaniard added.
"I will prepare my team to win the game."
The significance of returning top-tier football to the Riverside is firmly in the mind of captain Grant Leadbitter.
It is seven years since the Teessiders were relegated from the Premier League and after last year's play-off final defeat by Norwich, Leadbitter said the emotions need to be channelled correctly.
"It's more than three points. We have to play with our heads rather than our hearts." Leadbitter told BBC Tees.
"I'd be lying to say it's a normal game but in the back of minds it has to be, it has to be another 90 minutes of football.
"We have to be drawn into the occasion because it's a big game but we've got to be calm, collected and use our 'noggin'."

History has no bearing for Brighton

The Seagulls know the full force capable from Saturday's opponents, having seen their proud unbeaten record ended by Middlesbrough in a 3-0 hammering at the Amex Stadium in December.
It triggered a mini-slump over the festive period, but one defeat in the past 19 games has propelled Albion right back into contention.
"Middlesbrough were probably the best side we played at home this season, but that was a while ago. It's all about timing," Brighton manager Chris Hughton told BBC Sussex.
"They've got the quality they've got. If we want to get a result on Saturday then we're going to have to play well.
"They got to the play-off final last year and lost - and I think they've learnt from that."

Last edited by shakencity on Fri May 06, 2016 9:26 am; edited 1 time in total
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Biggest game of the season...outside the PL Empty Re: Biggest game of the season...outside the PL

Post by blueboy Fri May 06, 2016 9:11 am

This is a Man City forum.... Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Biggest game of the season...outside the PL Empty Re: Biggest game of the season...outside the PL

Post by shakencity Fri May 06, 2016 9:17 am

Yeah....but all the posts aren't about City Razz

Justice for the 96 Razz
Leicester win the League Razz
Greedy teenagers Razz
Bayern have it all to do Razz
Etc, etc, etc, etc Razz
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri May 06, 2016 9:38 am

Fair point.... Embarassed
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri May 06, 2016 9:41 am

And we do put up with your crush on Bury posts.... Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 06, 2016 9:51 am

blueboy wrote:And we do put up with your crush on Bury posts.... Razz
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing ...cheers mate
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 am

Better than bluey's crush on yaya ...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri May 06, 2016 10:09 am

Or mine on mangala...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri May 06, 2016 10:18 am

And i'm from Brighton originally "go the seagulls"
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri May 06, 2016 10:22 am

Topdawg wrote:Better than bluey's crush on yaya ...

Evil or Very Mad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 06, 2016 10:41 am

Or even mine on Sterling Evil or Very Mad .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri May 06, 2016 10:46 am

Bet you wish Sterling started on Weds Den....instead of the lazy one!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri May 06, 2016 10:54 am

I didn't see any of the game Andy, as i was out Weds night (and haven't got BT)...but tbh, i'd have ANYONE in the team before Sterling, even Yaya Wink
It makes no difference who you pick with those 2, it's like playing with 10 men when either's in the team anyway.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri May 06, 2016 11:09 am

I'd rather see Brighton promoted, to be honest.  Purely because my eldest daughter lives in Hastings and I'd have somewhere to stop over if I got to the away game.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri May 06, 2016 1:15 pm

Think we'll see a different Sterling under Pep & probably a different Yaya wherever he goes as hel have to fight for a place instead of being a shoe in for every match no matter how shit 

Be good to see Brighton up but Boro will prob get the draw they need
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri May 06, 2016 1:31 pm

That's what I expect too Tony but would be good to see Brighton up there. Bournemouth have shown that it is possible for unfashionable clubs to get promoted & stay up.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down