Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

Jwils2710

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyToday at 9:46 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world?

+2
shakencity
leopold
6 posters

Go down

Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? Empty Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world?

Post by Guest Mon May 09, 2016 9:40 am

I'm starting to like Danny Murphy, even as a dipper he is probably the least impartial dipper pundit.  He does talk a lot of sense here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36243878

The only thing that gripes me is I know our performances dictate our position, but to lose out the that rag team is what I just can't stand.  They should be 10th at best, with the number of crappy 1-0 wins and worldy saves from DeGea.   If it was West Ham pushing us I could understand that.

Anyway it's not over yet, hopefully West Ham play a blinder tomorrow night.

I think this isn't going to be the walk in the park Pep was expecting, but on the flip side, it's perfect for him to show it's just not hype.

Back to top Go down

Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? Empty Re: Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world?

Post by leopold Mon May 09, 2016 9:43 am

Yep, it'll certainly prove whether he can live up to his billing.  And winning the EL isn't embarrassing.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world? Empty Re: Top 4 - Is it really the end of the world?

Post by shakencity Mon May 09, 2016 9:55 am

The disappointing thing is, the owners wanted progression in the CL, and to a certain extent they've got it, but we're probably going to be relegated into the EL...which kind of sets us right back again.
I guess we can say we're going through a transitional period with Pep, so the only way is up from next season on.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 09, 2016 11:16 am

Maybe the powers that be need to consider when the best time to fire a manager is? Look at Bobby Manc, he was on the cusp of winning the FA Cup for the second time, against an already defeated Wigan, and they fired him! But when they need to ensure CL qualification with a manager out of ideas (and possibly any desire to care) they leave him be? Weird.

Not often I applaud Chelsea's revolving door policy on management, but binning Jose for Hiddink has spared their blushes.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon May 09, 2016 11:35 am

Agree...however, I don't think the owner wants to be known like Abramvovich and his revolving door policy.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 09, 2016 12:50 pm

We've done a Moyes with Pellegrini. Utd only fired Moyes when they couldn't qualify for the CL (probably saving them some money with the delay).

We've waited until we are out of the Cl and it's too late now.

It would have taken a pair of big ones to fire him in March and, sadly, no-one had a pair.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon May 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Oh, definitely not, I don't want to see us turn into a Chelsea, I'd rather we had some managerial stability. Just not at the expense of progress.

I reckon the bosses got their fingers burned in the backlash from sacking Mancini - who probably should have been allowed to finish the season regardless of what some players thought of him, or at the very least let him win the FA Cup first. Keeping their contract with Pellers was a very honourable thing to do, but ultimately it could cost us as it seems very few inside the club appear to be very motivated.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon May 09, 2016 5:29 pm

In answer to the question. No it isn't the end of the world. It may actually be a good thing Give Pep a chance to rebuild without the pressures of CL
EL doesn't have anywhere near the same pressure & we could give more youngsters a run out and still get through the early stages
It would be nice to have a proper go at the league title and cups without the distraction of CL
As we have Pep & loadsamoney, world class players will still want to come to us 
Chelsea will be a much bigger threat next season with only the same amount of games that Leicester had this season
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon May 09, 2016 9:46 pm

What a strange season this has been not only for us but obviously the Chavs and even our footie scores have been awful because of the unpredictability of nearly every team!!  I feel really sorry about Vinnie - really bad luck that he's been dogged by injuries and he did make a difference to the defence the last two games he played.  I hope that he recovers fully - he is a true City fan too - so I wish him the best.

It will be nerve wracking tomorrow hoping that the Hammers can beat Utd as I think Bournemouth will cave - their season is over they have avoided relegation (well done) but as they are already by the seaside - they won't be bothered about the last match.  I can't believe we have thrown away the chance of finishing 3rd or 4th and particularly that Utd will probably nick it.  We nicked it from them one year didn't we?   Shambles all round.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon May 09, 2016 11:41 pm

I don't believe we've ever nicked top 4 from Utd. Since purple nose left, they missed out under Moyes but got CL through LvG.

If Leicester are a guide, they finished last season strongly and are champions now. So, we've finished this season poorly.....what are our odds on being relegated???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue May 10, 2016 12:50 am

We nicked the Prem title from Utd - that's what I was referring to.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down