Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Denayer ready to quit blues EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Denayer ready to quit blues

4 posters

Go down

Denayer ready to quit blues Empty Denayer ready to quit blues

Post by Topdawg Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:40 am

Don't blame him. If you can't get in ahead of Kolarov and Fernando, you should be looking elsewhere.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-city-jason-denayer-unhappy-11722725
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Denayer ready to quit blues Empty Re: Denayer ready to quit blues

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 9:17 am

Agree with what you said - if Fernando and Kockorov are better CB's than Denayer - then I said yesterday, we may as well sell him. Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:22 am

Jason Denayer is considering his Manchester City future after becoming concerned at the lack of opportunities given to him by new manager Pep Guardiola.

We've played four matches under Pep, for fucks sake! He should prove himself rather than whining, he surely must be able to prove he's better than Kolarov, even I can defend better than him!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:30 am

Thing is Leo...how can he do that with 45 minutes of football?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:31 am

He's been out on loan, he was asked back, then hardly given a chance to play.

We've all wanted him back - maybe Pep doesn't rate him, but he's better on the ball than Fernando and he's a proper defender unlike Kockorov.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:34 am

Then he should Knuckle down in training and show off his skills under peps nose he just has to show the right attitude. It's ok saying I want to leave, but to be fair he is still young with a lot to prove.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:37 am

skyblueoz wrote:Then he should Knuckle down in training and show off his skills under peps nose he just has to show the right attitude. It's ok saying I want to leave, but to be fair he is still young with a lot to prove.

How do you know he isn't knuckling down? He may have been given promises - we don't know. However, I can't imagine somebody being given a chance to work with Pep, would all of a sudden demand a move away if he doesn't play. There has to be more to it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:40 am

I don't, but he did this last year started bleating, so a loan was arranged I still think he has to show pep in training he is better than what we have. Maybe pep doesn't rate him?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:43 am

skyblueoz wrote:I don't, but he did this last year started bleating, so a loan was arranged I still think he has to show pep in training he is better than what we have. Maybe pep doesn't rate him?

Maybe...but earlier on, didn't he say that he had been given guarantees by City? Maybe those guarantees haven't come to fruition - and we don't complain about Stones wanting to leave EFC and he's a similar age.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:45 am

I think he's done his time on loan, is an International player for Belgium - personally, I wouldn't want to be at a club at his age if they aren't going to give him a chance. He probably needs regular football now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:46 am

I don't know anything about Guarantees blue? did pep or City give him guarantees & when was this?I'm not complaining about Stones leaving Everton because we want him. If  Denayer wants to go then so be it but it appears he has hardly proved himself to City, whereas Stones has to Everton.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:49 am

skyblueoz wrote:I don't know anything about Guarantees blue? did pep or City give him guarantees & when was this?I'm not complaining about Stones leaving Everton because we want him. If  Denayer wants to go then so be it but it appears he has hardly proved himself to City, whereas Stones has to Everton.

It was last month in an article - maybe the MEN. I'll try and dig it out. As for Denayer - we've had 3/4 pre-season games and he's played 45 minutes. I could understand if we'd played Otamendi, Mangala, Vinny etc - but Fernando and Kolorov ahead of him and even Tosin at 18 getting x2 90 minute games.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Aug 09, 2016 10:58 am

Mangala hasn't had any game time & already it looks like we are binning him. I just think with pep coming into a new team he is trying many permutations and with only 3 games & one behind closed doors which still seems odd to me, not the fact it was behind closed doors but the information about the game has been ultra secretive. I just feel that players such as Kompany being injured others arriving late he has had little game time to try all the permutations, So Denayer needs to be patient if he is that good he will rise to the top.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 am

I get that - but if you're an International player, whose been on loan for 3 years and asked to come back by the club - and in pre-season you see Tosin getting 180 minutes and then Fernando and Kockorov playing in your position - you'd be pissed off.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:28 am

I'd be well pissed off too. I'm a young CB, playing for my country and Kolarov is getting lots of game time in my position and he's shit.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:29 am

I know I would be. I don't know anything about promises, but I thought it was very odd that we had two recognised centre backs in the squad against Arsenal and started with neither of them and finished with one of them having played no minutes at all.

Yoyo looks promising and Pep needed to see him in action, I get that. Maybe Pep has seen him playing for Belgium, thinks he's good already and is protecting him from injury?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Aug 09, 2016 12:11 pm

Possibly - but then it's about building an understanding between each pair.

Maybe Tosin is earmarked for Sunderland alongside Otamendi - because if he plays Kolorov at CB again, I'll be seriously pissed off.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Tue Aug 09, 2016 2:36 pm

Kolarov has proved to be shit. Yes but if a manager as renowned as pep wants to look at a number of options & permutations before he settles on a trusted formation would you go along with it or question it and bail out?

Denayer went out on loan to Celtic for one season returned & signed a new 5 yr contract then was loaned out to Galatasaray again for 1 season. The loan was up so he had to return, He was not asked to come back? I still think City will use him if he is good enough & I would really trust pep's judgement given his track record in management.

I really do not think Kolarov at centre back is an option pep will follow through with. If he does then we must all sit & wonder what he has seen that no one else has? similar to Pel & Toure.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:26 am

Denayer was unlucky last year with MP keeping MDM on for an extra, pointlessly useless, year. With Kompany being injured, and Mangala and Otamendi not up to the mark, he'd have had plenty of game time if he'd been around.

Maybe he'll get lucky this year if he stays around. Mangala won't be around and Kompany doesn't have the injury history to give confidence that he'll last more than a handful of games before going lame.

That leaves Denayer fighting with Otamendi, Stones and Tosin for a starting spot.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down