Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'...

+3
skyblueoz
Topdawg
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... Empty Re: See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'...

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:44 am

Let's be honest here, how often do you see a top six PL team get battered 7-0 away?

It's a rare occurrence except maybe for Arsenal and our mauling of the rags at their place.

I'm sure Celtic would get their fair share of maulings.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'... Empty Re: See Rodgers is still 'Delusional Brendon'...

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:54 am

They'd do OK when they play their home games, but lets see how they get on at The Etihad and see if DB is still crowing.

He now claims Dembele can be the next Drogba...ffs, he was offside and didn't know anything about his first goal against us, then he miss hit is overhead kick!! Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:25 am

I'm not sure he mishit it. Not seen it that often, but these things are generally a hit and hope shop anyway.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:44 am

Looked a definite mishit to me sliced off the outside of his boot. How can he suggest a top 6 when they have in their ranks very average ex prem players old players playing out their last few years, a couple of youth players & a team of very average championship players. What happened to Hooper, Now they have Kommons. Their #1 Keeper who was injured was a reserve at Wolves & Swansea amongst others.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:34 am

their squad would be about 12-16th in the prem.
but look at Leicester, sometimes a team can be better than the squad..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:00 pm

or look at Newcastle, think they're a big club and get relegated! Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:28 pm

I wouldn't deride them too much, trust me I would like nothing more but we just got made to look ordinary by them and for parts of the game especially in the first 10 minutes we were backs to the wall. We were disappointing and made them look good but we deserved no more than a point.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:02 pm

I think they'd struggle to get top 6 in the Championship.
One off 'cup finals' against the hated English is one thing but doing it every week with that squad. I dont think so
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:24 pm

I disagree, MCM. They didn't make us look ordinary, we did that to ourselves.

But I do find it funny that they use their support as a reason for being a contender. The sixty thousand in the stands don't get to kick a ball, it's the eleven on the pitch and if they are bang average then that's generally going to be where you sit. It's all very well winning lots of home games, but if you lose every game on the road then you're looking at mid table at best.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:29 pm

ManCityMan wrote:I wouldn't deride them too much, trust me I would like nothing more but we just got made to look ordinary by them and for parts of the game especially in the first 10 minutes we were backs to the wall. We were disappointing and made them look good but we deserved no more than a point.

Have to disagree MCM. They were average at best. They got an offside goal early on, followed by a deflected cross that 9/10 would have gone for a corner....that got the crowd up, but we didn't help ourselves....Gundogan looked like a Championship player, his passing and pressing was awful. Fernandinho suddenly became Otamendi MII of last season, diving into tackles when there was no need and his passing was shocking. Aguero went missing, as did Silva and Nolito. Kolorov made a rick for their 3rd goal.

We can't have 5 players going missing in a CL game away, especially at Celtic Park....that won't happen at The Etihad - we'll spank them.

It was Celtic at 100% high energy without much class...vs City at 65% and making mistakes after mistakes - yet we still scored 3 goals......
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:49 pm

Championship standard Gundogan has just been called up to the Germany squad...

But seriously, I don't even think we were playing at 50%. In 10 such games, Celtic would be lucky to get a draw twice.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Come on...I never claimed he was a Championship player, just he played like one on Weds....he was poor in comparison to how he played previously.

I think he's top class, hence why I said in a previous post, he's the one holding MF with real ball retention class....guess he needs time to get up to speed, but we can't let him free-ride, he needs to step up - especially against Spurs - if he starts.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down