Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip

4 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Thursday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:54 am

or Samir time and the leaving is easy (not guilty)

So, he arrives at last. Samir Nasri's long-predicted signing might easily have beeen pushed down the sports news list, except that Roberto's newest Blue gives such darn good quotes.

Manchester Evening News City reporter Stuart Brennan spotted the best one of the day and did his paper proud with a back-page re-write they are able to headline "Real Deal".

Stu's intro beneath a great shot of the new boy meeting Blues fans is straight to the point: "Samir Nasri breezed into Manchester declaring he has joined the New Galacticos."

The quote? Nas reckons: "In France they are calling City the Galacticos, as they did with Real Madrid." Magnifique! Or as Stu no doubt thought, that'll do nicely, mon ami.

Most papers and websites seize on Nasri's less-than-enthusiastic verdict on the passion or otherwise exuded at the Emirates, which has been dubbed the New Library by some unkind souls.

As anybody who has ever wtinessed a game at Nasri's old club Marseille will know, the fans there go bonkers at the drop of a beret and it was in that climate Samir learned his football.

Sportinglife.com, among others, reports that "the 24-year-old France international claims to have already been struck by an enthusiasm from (City) supporters he did not experience at Arsenal".

Cherry-picking his exclusive interview on this website, they quote Nas: "I can see they are really passionate and it reminds me a little bit of Marseille.

"Arsenal have good fans but not that passionate since they moved from Highbury to the Emirates (Stadium).

"I remember when we played against City, when we lost 3-0, the crowd was amazing. That is what I want. When you play football it is for a good atmosphere."

Over at the Bolton News, they've uncovered a tale of their own and believe that "Dedryck Boyata is close to joining Wanderers on loan after snubbing a move to Everton and Blackburn Rovers.

"Just months after his father claimed his son did not want to play at the Reebok, it is understood the Manchester City defender had a change of heart after meeting with Owen Coyle late last week."

They add that Bolton's boss is keen to keep the deal under wraps, presumably so no other club nips in at the eleventh hour. However, a good story is a good story, so ...

"A deal is now being discussed by the two clubs, although the terms are yet to be agreed. Aside from the fee, there is also some haggling to be done over the length of the deal, with Coyle preferring a season-long move.

"Roberto Mancini favours a shorter loan, although with Kolo Toure close to returning from suspension, he could yet be convinced to send his prized asset out for a longer spell."
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Re: Thursday Gossip

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:32 am

Could he not send him to Wanky on a season long loan, with a 24hr recall clause inserted?

Why is there a "fee", if it's a loan deal too?

ps, How good would it be if Nasri scored the winner against the Spuds this weekend?
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:37 am

Its probably a signing on fee to the player as regards wages etc. Once the lawyers get involved shaken a simple you play for Bolton and they pay your wages goes out the door and in come match fees, bonus payments, recall agreements, sending back agreements (remember Jo and Everton). You name it and they will be involved with the small print brobably even down to the ammount of bog roll he's allowed to use.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:49 am

Gotcha lee, nothing's ever straight forward is it Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:16 am

So is Dedryck really a "prized asset" then? Find it a bit hard to believe when he's being benched in favour of JoLo...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:20 am

Pencilled in as one for the future I would imagine. He hasnt the experience right now and a season with Bolton getting his mistakes out of his system might be for the best.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:39 am

One for the future? He joined us five years ago, he's 20 years old and he's played in our first team on and off for two seasons. How much cossetting does he need? We should've been loaning him out for experience two years ago, rather than risking him against Chelsea and Arsenal. His future at City should be starting this season, for fucks sake! I mean, it's not like we're falling over competent CB's, is it?

Just to put this into context, we paid £6m for Stefan Savic, who is also 20 years old. Now, how the hell can we justify that when we are supposed to have a perfectly capable CB who is the same age??

Sorry for the rant, but seriously, he should be ready for first team action by now if he's that highly considered.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:59 am

He cant be worse than lesser ... Ok ok last one I promise! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:04 am

Dedryk needs prolonged a 1st team run, it's no good being a bit player which he will at City, if, when he blossoms into the new Kompany we can recall him, that's why he's going on loan I presume, then when he's ready to walk back into the team in the next season or so, he'll displace Lescott. You only need to look at Joe Hart to see it's a proven menthod that can save City many millions!!

Savic is already an international with more 1st team experience as well.

I presume Mancini is just trying to get the best crop of players, some will fail, some will blossom when it comes to the youngsters.

Well, that's my thinking anyway!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 am

Very true, Beware, but I think we should've been looking to do that last season when we didn't have a banned Kolo to worry about. If we had, he could be back now as a much more solid player who could replace Lescott right now, instead of us all having to deal with the pain of Gsus moaning about him tongue
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:54 am

Deep down you all know I am right ! tongue

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:31 pm

Who knows what Mancini has in store, think we all know not to 2nd guess him!!!

Are we auditioning for a new series of "Grumpy Middleaged Men"? I come here to avoid the wife moaning at me!!! Razz
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down