Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Martin Samuel on TLMLF EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Martin Samuel on TLMLF

4 posters

Go down

Martin Samuel on TLMLF Empty Martin Samuel on TLMLF

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:23 am

Yaya Toure, we are told, proved a point at Crystal Palace on Saturday — yes, but not as much as Pep Guardiola.

Toure’s point was that he is still good at football, that he can be a major player, a match-winner for Manchester City — but we knew that anyway.

Guardiola’s point was more crucial: that he is prepared to take on, and do without, any player who does not conform to his methods and ethos. He has Toure where he wants him now. The correct level of fitness, the proper weight, the hunger — this has been a masterclass in modern man-management.

No doubt we will be hearing from Toure’s agent Dimitri Seluk soon. It does not matter. He is an irrelevance from here. Toure has picked sides, and he’s gone with the man who can put him in the team.

Earlier in the season Seluk vainly urged Manchester City to reprimand Guardiola for his treatment of Toure — but a club does not employ a coach of his stature to kowtow to an agent with a big mouth. Not any more at least.

So City let Guardiola manage, knowing there were only two outcomes possible: Toure knuckled down, and City got a fine player back, or Toure threw a strop and City got a fading talent off their wage bill in January.

That may still be Guardiola’s plan: either way, there is no doubt who is in charge now. This is the culture Guardiola will change at City. The club will no longer be bullied, no longer be so grateful — to Toure, to Carlos Tevez, to Mario Balotelli, to Roberto Mancini. They have been too thankful to be where they are — they think they owe too much.

Seluk, and by implication, Toure, should have been told where to get off long ago — around the time the agent began agitating for transfers, or making specious complaints about birthday cake. City should have been above that — and Guardiola most certainly is.

His treatment of Toure sends out a message to every player in his squad, to any player joining Manchester City, and to any agent who sees them as a soft touch.

No player is bigger than the manager, yes; but, most importantly, no player is bigger than the club. In doing this, he has given Manchester City the self-respect they have been lacking for too long. That, more than any trophy, could be Guardiola’s legacy.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Martin Samuel on TLMLF Empty Re: Martin Samuel on TLMLF

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:49 pm

Samuel spot on as usual!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:44 pm

Yep, he's bang on with that assessment.

I'd heard Yaya had apologised (although for what, I'm still unclear as the only thing I can really tell is that he didn't distance himself from his agent's comments), but did Slimy Seluk do the same or is he still being a dick? Meh, doesn't matter, Pep has spoken and believes Yaya has done enough to get himself back in the squad. I'd chalk that up as a win for the boss.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:36 pm

The majority of the fans at the game sounded as if they were behind YaYa after his 3 month exile.  More importantly - the team itself surrounded YaYa and are obviously very supportive of him.  Surprised me.  Time will tell.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:15 pm

Wensdi wrote:The majority of the fans at the game sounded as if they were behind YaYa after his 3 month exile.  More importantly - the team itself surrounded YaYa and are obviously very supportive of him.  Surprised me.  Time will tell.

Yep, seemed that way....or maybe, it was the fact we were so shite and they would have jumped on the back of Kolorov if he'd scored 2 goals? Razz Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:18 pm

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down