Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Yaya in the holding role.. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Yaya in the holding role..

5 posters

Go down

Yaya in the holding role.. Empty Yaya in the holding role..

Post by gratedbean Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:26 pm

First of all, another fantastic win today for us, and very excited about watching Nasri and David Silva link up this season.

One thing I did pick up from the match today, and the Bolton match too really, is Yaya playing in a more holding role, obviously in the absence of De Jong. Just interested to see how you lot rate him in this position, as I have to say, I'm not fully convinced.

Looking at our attacking midfielders now, it looks like Aguero, Dzeko, Nasri and Silva will make up our strongest starting eleven (which is shit hot I'm sure anyone would agree!), so that leaves two other places available in the midfield, which will probably be taken up by at least one more defensive player.

Although we've played some brilliant football in our opening three games, you can see where we miss De Jong, and we have looked a little frail defensively at times in our opening fixtures. De Jong, when fit (have little info on his injury, but assume he should return to face Wigan?), simply has to be in our strongest line up, which then leaves one spot remaining in the midfield.

Now Barry has his critics, but I think he's been absolutely fantastic in our opening fixtures, and although you don't really get as much creativity from him as you do Milner, Mancini would be mad to drop him going off current form. Yaya on the other hand, hasn't really impressed me so much when playing a little deeper, he's not awful by any means, but we miss his driving runs and I just think Barry and De Jong are better defensive midfielders than he is. So for me, it has to be De Jong, Barry, Silva, Nasri, Aguero and Dzeko in our strongest XI going off current form.

Thoughts?
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Yaya in the holding role.. Empty Re: Yaya in the holding role..

Post by TMG Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:35 pm

I agree but I can't see Bobby dropping Yaya to the bench. He seems untouchable. Yet again he played 90 minutes

Also I don't think we will need Barry & NDJ for games such as v Wigan & Yaya offers more going forward
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:39 pm

You mean that there is no place for Tevez or Balotelli?
Still there is always the Champions league for them.
What a set up the "noisy neighbours have"

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:40 pm

Hard to say... I think Nige should be there for any matches where the threat of conceding goals will present us with problems, like we had against Bolton, but leave him out when it's not likely to be an issue, like against Wigan. Or, oddly, Spurs!

That said, if that front line keeps scoring like that, maybe we don't need to worry too much any more.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:31 pm

Mancini hates conceding though doesn't he, in his post match interview today he even said he wasn't happy about conceding -much to the suprise of the interviewer! So I can't see him having a change of heart and adopting the old Keegan 'you score four we'll score five' principal. Plus, we need the goals for our goal difference, and it undoes the work our attackers put in when we concede avoidable goals as I think all three we have conceded so far this season have been (albeit Spurs goal probably shouldn't have stood anyway due to Defoe obstructing Hart).

You could see the system on MOTD tonight, the two holding players essentially allow our four attackers to have a free roam in our opponents half, I think this is Bobby's preferred formation and I don't see him dropping that either. So if he has to pick two holding players, it has to be Barry and De Jong for me, on current form anyway. It will be interesting to see if this is the approach he adopts against Wigan, which two of Barry, De Jong, and Yaya he chooses, because like you say TM, Yaya does seem untouchable - although we have our first CL match four days after Wigan, so perhaps we will see some regular starters rested for that.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:42 pm

I wouldn't say that's Yaya's best position by any means but it shows another permuation that works which is what we'll need when the games start coming thick and fast.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down