Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

shakencity

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» So, it's another ladt day shoot out.
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyToday at 10:29 am by shakencity

» 23/24 Prediction League
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyToday at 10:20 am by shakencity

» Today's game
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Milner wants an attacking MF role EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Milner wants an attacking MF role

4 posters

Go down

Milner wants an attacking MF role Empty Milner wants an attacking MF role

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:24 am

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/560741/James-Milner-Liverpool-transfer

I'm not sure this means he's off...but he's an intelligent guy and seems to be one of the more sensible one's.

For him to play in an attacking MF role, he would need to effect the game and show better form than the likes of Silva or Nasri. I'm not sure he is anywhere near as good as Silva, or he has the cute touch and dribbling ability of Nasri...so I can't see MP giving him that role whilst those two players are at City.

He's been one of our best performers this season and has played more than anyone, so he can't say it's about game-time and his form has been excellent playing in the wider role, so switching him inside may see a dip in form.

Would he really win more at Arsenal? No.

Would he really win more at Liverpool? Absolutely not.

Would he possibly play every single game, more than he is at the moment with either of these teams? Probably not as both Mangers at these clubs have a rotational policy.

Would he oust Carzola in his form? Probably not. Which leaves him with Liverpool and would he replace Coutinho? No.

Therefore, he would be stuck in a role of supporting Henderson in MF, not an attacking MF role.

I think he could easily replace Fernandinho and Fernando in the centre of MF, but honestly think he's a better player playing out wide.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Milner wants an attacking MF role Empty Re: Milner wants an attacking MF role

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:25 am

And the latest rumour is Liverpool are in for Turan.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:52 am

Who does Milner think he is?

He wanted more playing time...and got it. He's been offered a new and improved deal...at the Champions of England. Now he wants to dictate where he plays....well all i can say is "James, there's the door, close it on your way out".

Ok, so he's been consistant with his performances, but he ain't...and i repeat, ain't...no fuckin world beater.
If he thinks he can get as many games somewhere else, coupled in with winning things too, then let him go and play there.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Like I said, I don't think this article represents the context of how the interview was conducted or what Milner probably said.

I think he was probably asked the question of "where do you prefer to play?" and he answered "attacking MF"....and that's pretty much it.

It doesn't say "I want to play in an attacking MF role at Man City, or I'm off".....so I guess the journo is being a little mischievous with his words.

I'd like him to stay, solely for the fact that he does bring masses of energy like Sanchez does for Arsenal, but he's not in that category of player, so I guess he'll have to make his mind up at some point soon on what he wants our of the next 3-4 years. Winning stuff, or playing the same or slightly more games in a lesser team, as I don't think it's about the money with Milner.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:18 pm

Yeah i get that blue, but to be honest i'm getting a tad pissed off with the length of time he's taking to make his mind up.
I'd give him a date to make his mind up, if he hasn't committed to a new contract by then, retract the contact offer and tell him he's free to talk to other clubs at the end of the season.....simples
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:41 pm

All depends on how much the board want him to stay and keep the English HG contingent...because if he leaves, then we''l have to scrap looking at the likes of Koke/Pogba....and start looking at English players, as I can't see the academy kids being promoted.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:37 pm

saw on the official website today Milner getting presented his player of the month award by some city fan. The fan said in the piece that he had a couple of questions he was going to ask. I was sure he would ask why the stalling of a new contract & get it straight from the horses mouth. But no did not even ask the question.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:34 pm

I'm getting fed up with this too. Is he better in CM than Yaya or Silva or Nasri? Is he better than Pogba if we get him? He's an excellent squad player but, when everyone else is fit, he struggles to get into the side.

I'd offer him a new 3 year deal, take it or leave it. Give an answer by the end of March or forget it.

Liverpool would do well if he went there. They'd have a clutch of young English players (Henderson, Ibe, Sturridge and Sterling) and an experienced head in Jimmy. Plenty of HG with that lot.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down