Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

TMG

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyToday at 12:56 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
skyblueoz
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition Vote_lcapAttacking scares the shit out of the opposition Voting_barAttacking scares the shit out of the opposition Vote_rcap 
atlblue
Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition Vote_lcapAttacking scares the shit out of the opposition Voting_barAttacking scares the shit out of the opposition Vote_rcap 
Wensdi
Topdawg
TMG

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition

+6
lee1pen
Boris
Paulpowersleftfoot
Moonchester
gratedbean
Topdawg
10 posters

Go down

Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition Empty Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition

Post by Topdawg Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 am

On the rare occasions Bobby decides to employ an attacking line up, we do look awesome.

When NDJ came off, we seemed to step up a gear and go for it.

I'd really prefer Nasri to Barry with Aguero on from the start instead of AJ.

An attacking line up of Nasri, Yaya, Silva, Dzeko and Aguero would send out shock waves.

If Tevez replaced Dzeko.....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition Empty Re: Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:29 am

NDJ off?!?! We will get murdered if he doesn't play against other oppositions... another rag comment by you...

Back to top Go down

Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition Empty Re: Attacking scares the shit out of the opposition

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:18 am

To be fair we didn't need two DMs today. Thought both Barry and De Jong looked rusty first half, both came into it more in the second though.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:11 am

NDJ looked to be hobbling a bit when he came off..

one point to note, when we replaced Silva with Savic we shifted to a 3-5-2 formation for the final 10 minutes, possibly why Swansea had a little sniff in the end.

Good to give that formation a quick whirl when we were 3 nil up.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:01 am

P/Gsus
I think you're wrong re topdawg,we all have different opinions and we won't all agree but to call him a rag is unfair and similar to labelling someone a paedophile
As for the game,Dzeko had his best game in a city shirt and I think he will score plenty this season.I'm still not sure starting with Johnson is the way to go,he gets a bit lost at times,I'd much rather see him introduced after about an hour when the opposition are tiring.I've no idea why Gareth Barry was playing,we don't need 2 players to do what de Jong can do on his own.We looked a lot tighter with Clichy at left back,he looks a decent signing
Lescott is making the centre back position his own,another really good game and his distribution is improving,seemed less panicked on the ball.
And silva and Aguerro were ok
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:12 am

Paedophile!!! Didn't realise being a rag is the same! Smile
If he is not a rag then he shouldn't be offended. Its an open blog so I will say what I desire and I don't have an issue with others doing the same. Sorry that's just me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:16 am

Taking NDJ off wasn't a tactical move, he was injured though I was amazed he brought Kun on rather than another defender.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:41 am

PG, I didn't say NDJ should be replaced in the starting line up.

Read my post again and you'll see I said that I'd replace Barry and AJ with Nasri and Aguero.

There is always a place for NDJ (when fit).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:49 am

Ok topdawg, but watch it! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:57 am

Sorry but I thought AJ had a good game last night and Mancini took him off at the right time. He linked up well and was a part of the first 2 goals and he and Silva joined up the attacking options.

I think playing Johnson from the start in this game was putting up 2 fingers to the press who have gone on about him being unsettled.

No he wasnt unsettled, he wasnt dropped he was injuered and he did play in the last 10 games of last season.

TBH I dont think at this level he's a 90 minute player but I do think when he's on he earns his cash.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:07 am

Still think he's far better as an impact sub
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:11 am

Possibly PP but I think he did his fair share of softening up Swansea on the right flank and he was always providing the space for Silva in passing interchanges.

Lets face it Mancini will pick his team for eack individual match, whats more important is that we have a squad that can handle all options.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:16 am

PPLF,

"Lescott, his distribution is improving"

Really?

I also agree, AJ should only be an impact sub.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:24 am

Lescott was actually looking for someone to pass it to instead of toe bunging it like last year.Thats improvement in my book
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:28 am

I guess i'll agree there Rich, he still never found a blue shirt though Crying or Very sad .

He still scares the shit out of me when Hart rolls the ball out to him, i honestly believe he hasn't got a fuckin clue what to do with it Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:07 pm

We don't want confidence players. Leacott is playing better because he is being included. I still think he is a donkey and doesn't deserve to be playing alongside kompany,dejong,silva,.... see we need players that can just come of the bench and play well, we don't have time and its not fair to other players if we nurture donkeys.

I hate hughes for bringing him, hughes said he is the best in the prem, my evertonian mate said he wasn't even the best at everton. That's what I was thinking at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Think you're being a bit unfair to Lescott. He's certainly not a donkey

He played superbly last season when he came into the side & had a proper run. OK he's not great in his distribution but he's a solid defender gives 100%, scores goals & he's better than Kolo, Boyata & Richards at CB ( Savic is a bit of an unknown at this stage)

And I don't give a fuck what Everton fans think ! What the fuck do they know?
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:00 pm

I'm still on the fence tony! :-)

He makes me nerves, against top sides (strikers) he is useless, can't tackle and can't pass...

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:11 pm

I think he had a tough time after the long, bitter, protracted transfer saga & Moyes & the rest of the Blue Dippers have addded fuel to the fire on several occasions

He's not worth the money Hughes paid for him & with many City fans it seems he will have this hanging over his head for ever but I think he's settled into the team nicely,he's experienced,he's English & he gives 100%

No one's perfect. Even Vince fucked up in the Charity Shield & Vidic & Ferdinand supposedly 2 of the best CBs in the business have made plenty of fuck ups in the past
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:19 pm

I'm with TMG on this. It's not his fault he's been saddled with the £24m defender tag and it's a hell of a label to live up to. But he looks steady enough and he wasn't the one who let Nani past him last weekend. And I have to say, out of the two CBs we started with last night, I thought it was Vinny who had the shakier start.

Plus, he's never asked for a transfer, he's never said he hates the club or the city and he's not behaved like a twat.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:20 pm

Lescott constantly makes mistakes against top strikers simply because he is not good enough, he is no where in the same league as the likes of vidic and kompany that make the odd mistake here and there... thats just my opinion, unless Lescott proves that he can play against top strikers (which he proved that he couldn't last season) he is still no good enough.

Kolo is quicker and can tackle but he has too many lapses of concentration since the malaria incident... so he is no reliable.

I think what mancini did yesterday is on the cards to slowly replace Savic with Lescott at CB.

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 pm

Very Happy Lescott is doing fine, he is improving and has scored a couple of invaluable headers - and TBF Kolarov and Edin have also improved.

What about the new lad though:D
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:54 pm

The new lad? Yeah, he is "decent"!

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:53 pm

I agree with Mr Power RE Johnson. He didn't particularily do anything wrong, but he didn't particulariy do anything either. Dzeko got decent service last night, but for an out and out winger, how many times did you see Johnson get to the byeline and put a cross on to Dzeko's forehead? - you can see how Nasri would replace Johnson and that would be our strongest five man midfield.

In terms of Lescott, there were a couple of times he got on the ball and dribbled/ made an off the ball run to the front towards the end - not sure if I want to see that again, something unnatural about it.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:00 pm

I did however see Johnson get the shot in that Edin scored off. Put the pass in to Micah on the overlap for Agueros first goal and the back heel to Edin who then set Aguero running for Silva to score.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:11 pm

That's the thing though isn't it, Johnson got the shot in that Edin scored off, it's all well and good when we come away with the result, but his primary role is to be a goal provider, not a goal scorer.

There was another moment in the match where he got the ball in the Swansea penalty area, and straight away he tried to get a shot off, no awareness of what is around him. I don't know if he thinks he needs to score goals to impress Mancini or maintain his spot in the starting eleven, but I didn't see him once get down near the corner flag and whip a decent ball in for Dzeko to have a go at, we're wasting Edin's goal threat in that way.

Until he starts to get his head up more, in my opinion, there's no place for him in our strongest starting eleven.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:15 pm

Grated, he's playing how Mancini wants him to play.

If Mancini wanted him to reach the by line and whip crosses in then he would play him on his natural left wing with his natural left foot.

But he doesnt.

He deliberately plays him on the right so that he can cut in and shoot, the same way that the last england manager did (oh he's still there). That way leaves room for Micah to overlap as he did for the second goal.

You cant blame Johnson for doing the job that Mancini gives him surely.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:23 pm

Cut in fair enough, but shoot? Not so sure. If it was cut in and make an assist I could live with it, but he'll go for goal 80% of the time when he does this, and like I said earlier, in my opinion he should be there as a goal provider not a goal scorer.

If he is being told to get down the line, cut in and shoot then I would question what he is actually contributing to the team, this seems more a tactic to use for an impact sub in a game where we need a goal, not a tactic for a player on from the start for 80mins or whatever he played. Fair enough Dzeko got a goal off the rebound last night, but that's not usually the case.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:27 pm

Think we will have to agree to disagree on this grated. But isnt it great being able to discuss talented players for a change Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:06 pm

Isn't it just! Yeah I think we just might have too, to be honest I see the midfield that started last night as our strongest five man midfield with Nasri replacing Johnson if/when we get him (maybe Milner instead of Barry?) - and then you can take Barry out to go for a 4-4-2. Johnson will still have plenty of oppertunities to prove himself though this season I'm sure.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down