Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 17 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 17 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyToday at 4:05 am by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
See we're still being lambasted in the media... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

See we're still being lambasted in the media...

2 posters

Go down

See we're still being lambasted in the media... Empty See we're still being lambasted in the media...

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Read so many articles this afternoon from Neil Ashton of The Sun and Sunday Supp, to The Mirror claiming Aguero's for sale after a late night dinner with Pep and the players agents, to listening to Neil Ashton talk on TS this morning about how much money we've spent since the Spanish duo arrived.....wow, even headlines about how Alli and Kane are going to tear City apart as we are in CRISIS.....Crisis? Really? Crisis was Div 2, not 3 points off 2nd, the FA Cup and the next round of CL football.

I tweeted Neil Ashton earlier. I generally like his views on football, however, I just wanted to point out that all the top 6 clubs have spent big since 2012, which is when the Spanish duo came into power (which was his point and in his article within:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/2659087/manchester-city-sergio-aguero-569million-42-players-success-pep-guardiola/

Club/Spend/Trophies

Spurs - £311m - 0 - YES, ABSOLUTELY NADA! Yes, they may have a £1m net spend, but are they the new Arsenal??? Is money more important to the club and fans, or trohpies?? What shit do they get???? 0, NADA from the media.
LFC - 366m - 1 LC
City - £569m - 3 - 1PL 2LC
Man U - £529m - 1 PL
Arsenal - £300m - 2 FA
Chelsea - £410m - 2 - 1 PL 1 LC

So, what he forgets, is that yes, we've bought some duds, so have many other clubs in that top 6, but we've been the most successful club in the PL since they arrived and won the PL the year before they did as well.

I saw something on FB last night. It was a post from the BBC back when United were buying Mephis Depay. It talked about how United have been trying to replace Ronaldo, and finally, they have done with Depay. Well that worked out well the BBC.

Pundits are like you and me. They like certain teams and hate others. They don't know anymore about football than me or you...they just have a forum to give an opinion. Obviously, you'd like to think ex players know more than we do, but they mostly, have an agenda for the corporation they are working for. Shearer being the prime example.

Anyway, good to be back..... Razz  Razz  Razz  Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

See we're still being lambasted in the media... Empty Re: See we're still being lambasted in the media...

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:57 pm

you're right bluey. They just get more time to research stuff than we do, maybe chat with colleagues and ex players and current players and coaching staff BEFORE giving an opinion which is as right or wrong as ours. I don't think we do too badly since we aren't party to all that info.

And didn't Utd win the FACUP under LVG?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

See we're still being lambasted in the media... Empty Re: See we're still being lambasted in the media...

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:59 pm

You may be right Dawg...still only 2 trophies to our 3.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:03 pm

And I also heard them on TS 'biggin up' the new Spurs tunnel venture....errm, didn't we post about ours 2/3 months ago?

Old news, we set the trend, they follow it, but what do we expect. We do it, it's a ghastly project aimed at the prawn sandwich brigade, Spurs do it, they are looking to change the future of the fans experience.

Maybe they should spend some more money, they may win something then or finish above their neighbours for the first time in 21 years!! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:07 pm

We have our tunnel cam which, I believe, was the first such idea.

We used to have a fucking great website too...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:17 pm

Yeah, sadly, it's all gone a bit Pete Tong.

See there's been some changes at BMR TV as well. Steven has his own channel now Esteemed Kompany on youtube. Since then, the BMR guys are hardly posting any updates.

I think Steven is still doing the odd bits for them, but he's posting more of his own City summaries/vlogs etc.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:19 pm

See we're still being lambasted in the media... 16114571_10155064737233678_8871964662878098406_n
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:20 pm

Maybe they've sort of split then? Alex was on the bbc for FA cup weekend with a couple of other fan clubs competing against Lawro.

I still say we could have done one, but you'd need Rich as the equivalent to Walter and I think he's the only one of us who goes to all matches.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:35 pm

Steven was getting paid by a contributor he said on his VLOG, but then they decided to pursue other areas, as he wanted to do more match updates, academy vlogs etc....and it seems the others didn't.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down