Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Friday gossip EmptyToday at 4:44 am by titbumwilly

» 23/24 Prediction League
Friday gossip EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Friday gossip EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Friday gossip EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Friday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Friday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Friday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Friday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Friday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Friday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Friday gossip

4 posters

Go down

Friday gossip Empty Friday gossip

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:48 am

Fri 02 Sep 2011, 8:36AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

Amid all the excitement - Edin Dzeko's Sunday spectacular, Owen Hargreaves' surprise signing - one City star has been keeping a low profile while sorting out his immediate future.

Low profile? Carlos Tevez? Well, not for long at any rate. But last season's joint leading Premier League scorer, who asked for a move, is coming to terms with his situation according to reports.

Or, as Stuart Brennan puts it on the back page of the Manchester Evening News: "Carlos Tevez could stay to help City's push for glory in the next few years - if his missus says it's all right!"

Stu and others are reacting to news that Tevez's family are back. The National says he "has been joined in England by his wife and could settle down at the club if his family situation improves, according to his advisor.

"Tevez said in July he wanted to leave City for a country where he could be reunited with his wife, Vanesa, and two daughters, who all moved back to Argentina after struggling to adapt to the British climate and culture.

"However, with no club able to meet both City's asking price for Tevez and his wage demands, he is still at the Etihad Stadium and his advisor, Kia Joorabchian, said yesterday the player has managed to convince Vanesa to return to Manchester."

We're not surprised, what with Corrie and the Trafford Centre and all. It was just a matter of time.

The MEN man quotes Carlito's agent on a proposed deal, a swap with Inter Milan for Wesley Sneijder, that fell through after Samir Nasri signed. Wonder who would have brokered that one?

Anyway, Stu has sussed that Sergio Aguero's arrival could be key, given that his wife Giannina and Vanesa are chums, but warns that Brazil outfit Corinthians will be back with a bid in January.

Mind you, as The National points out: "Tevez faces a battle to get back in City's first team, though, with Edin Dzeko scoring six goals in his first three league matches." Quite.

Elsewhere, Liverpool are chuffed to Uncle Joe's little mintballs to get Craig Bellamy back - he's a striker, he's good at golf - and everyone latches on to Owen Hargreaves' exclusive chat here.

It's fun to see what they pick out of the mix though. The Times of Malta likes "Hargreaves seeks match fitness", while soccerway.com's headline has him "owning up to frustrations."

Yahoo's "Hargreaves denies being made of glass!" picks up on his throwaway line and is a joke. We think.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Friday gossip Empty Re: Friday gossip

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:04 pm

Tevez, from king of the hill, to a supporting roll in one Kia orchestrated transfer window fuck up!

He's not match fit yet, so will take a few weeks to be 100% I guess, and now with Aguero at City weighing in with goals and a great attitude, not to mention Dzeko's Lazarus like turn around so far this season, Tevez will be sated on double helpings of humble pie, hopefully he'll feel happier not only with having another Argentinean in the ranks, but not being the main go to for goals.

I hope Hargreaves stays fit, I do like his attitude.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:41 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:Tevez, from king of the hill, to a supporting roll in one Kia orchestrated transfer window fuck up!
And if any other player is considering taking up Kia Jizzlobbia as an adviser should use this single instance as a warning to leave it well alone. Why Nige is bothering listening to him is a mystery to me.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Fri Sep 02, 2011 2:52 pm

Leopold...simple answer is that he does a very good job for them. As a fan I dislike all that he stands for, if I was a manager i would hate to have my players assosiated with him

BUT

as a player having someone who can raise my wages on a fairly consistent level......Its a no brainer.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:00 pm

lee1pen wrote:Leopold...simple answer is that he does a very good job for them. As a fan I dislike all that he stands for, if I was a manager i would hate to have my players assosiated with him BUT as a player having someone who can raise my wages on a fairly consistent level......Its a no brainer.

Tell that the Sparky Hughes. Another bit of class Kia work there. Razz

Luckily I think our money men have got him sussed and sounds like the will not be pushed around

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Lee, I'd have to disagree with you there. Kia's last three attempts to get higher wages for his clients have ended in disaster.

Ned first, he went off on one to the press to try and blackmail the bosses (under Kia's advice) and he's ended up with nothing AND jeopardised his first team place, perhaps forever. Richards, on the other hand, did it the right way and now has his place pretty much guaranteed.

Then Sparky, he was lined up for the Villa job (failed) and ended up at Fulham. Then he left there for another supposed job that never materialised. My guess he's currently on gardening leave.

And Tevez: Made poorly judged comments to the press about Manchester in order to force a break, didn't get sold, hasn't had a pay raise, lost the captaincy, lost the support of the fans and now can't even get on the first team.

Now we've got Nige, who is well worth every penny, but the owners have said they won't be held over a barrel for money. They'd be willing to pay, but odds are Kia is angling for more and this is now the sticking point. Nigel, as good as he is, isn't going to get more money anywhere else and he's going to end up with no pay raise and possibly lose his place to Barry. Not ideal for us, but I don't think any player should hold the club to ransom, no matter who they are. This is not going to end well and it'll be that greedy bastard responsible for it yet again.

So instead of being a great negotiator, he's going to end up with three pissed off players who will end up on LESS money because they've completely blown any chance with us after taking his advice. And I'm sure Sparky is currently seething at losing lucrative work because of the greed of that man.

Sorry mate, but if I were a player I'd give him and his snake oil as wide a berth as possible.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Sep 02, 2011 5:56 pm

Have to totally agree with Leo. Wide-berth is the way forward. These players earn fortunes - but a 30% wage rise can be the undoing of a player, not his agent, as he will just move to the next clients negotiation process - and let's face it.....there are plenty of uneducated footballers out there that will fall for the patter of Kia.

Heard him on Talksport yesterday - trying to justify 3rd party ownership of a player.............Mark Saggers basically told him that it all came down to the agent/advisor making money - by moving them on every 2 years which is counter-productive for the players development/standing, if not their bank balance.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down