Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Will Cookie survive? EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Will Cookie survive? EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Will Cookie survive? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Will Cookie survive? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Will Cookie survive? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Will Cookie survive? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Will Cookie survive? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Will Cookie survive? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Will Cookie survive? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Will Cookie survive? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Will Cookie survive?

+9
AMillionDifferentPeople
ONH
Boris
TMG
Bewar3them00n
BoyWithTheArabsCash
lee1pen
Moonchester
Topdawg
13 posters

Go down

Will Cookie survive? Empty Will Cookie survive?

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:58 am

I fear that Cookie's days are numbered.

There seems to be so much pressure on him now with this email fiasco and he looks very vulnerable.

As one paper put it, the hacker must have accidentally found the email from the good doctor (in environmental sciences no less) and replied to her rather than forward it to brian.

If cookie did send the email, he may have been able to ride out the storm if he had admitted it.

If he didn't send the email and is lying to try and save himself, he is finished at city.

after his troubled start, he has been quiet and got on with his job and seems to have done it well.

The worst thing in all of this is that the rat Kia is causing trouble again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Will Cookie survive? Empty Re: Will Cookie survive?

Post by Moonchester Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:06 am

the most probable situation would be he sent the email to Marwood (as a private e-mail) then somebody has indeed hacked in and then forwarded this on to Neds mum (or Dr Onouha as the papers insist).
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:12 am

Whick is why I think its a set up Dawg. If Cook was away then the only way to prove he didnt send it would be to find the puter it was sent from and show that Cook was not anywhere near it.

The bit thats being overlooked as well is the club, in its first statement, said this was part of an onging disciplinary case.....the press are baying for the person to be named but if thats prejudicial in an ongoing HR leading to sacking dispute then until its over the employee has a right to privacy.

Moon dont you mean Neds Agent? lets face it that was her role in this, she didnt write an email saying this is Neds Mum can you be nice to him.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:21 am

ned's mum wants it both ways. she wants sympathy for her situation as a mother and wants to play hardball with the club.

one paper says that it had the sent from my ipad signature. if he was away as he claims, then that makes it more difficult to a hoaxer to get away with it. it would take one enlightened opportunist to have done that.

it seems odd that a disciplinary procedure would take this long (assuming it was started last October).

It just strongly points to Cookie cocking up
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:26 am

It all comes down to if he has lied, however, i have a feeling that despite all the good work he has done at City, the press seem to have an agenda against him and with all the adverse publicity that he attracts, i can't see a way out for him.

Nice to see Ian Wright giving us a good kicking again today also.

Onuha's career is finished at City and for someone who is supposed to be City through and through, its a strange way of showing your affection for the club.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:33 am

whatever happens, ned will listen to his mum. somehow kia has got inside their heads and it it's going to finish ugly.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:43 am

As much as Cookie as fucked up, I do think he's done a good job in dragging City up to the level of professionalism it's now at, and this all is starting to smell fishy to me now that KIA is involved. We have players such as Tevez making numerous PR gaffs and disciplinary issues over the years, and we haven't kicked them out, we shouldn't make a knee jerk reaction just because of press pressure
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:54 am

I agree, until the investigation is carried out, the club should just keep schtum.

As we all know, the press have a habit of making people guilty before they have even been tried, just ask the nurse at Stepping Hill how they have fucked up her life, or the landlord of the girl that was murdered in Bristol, they really went to town on him.

The one thing that i found completely abhorent in all this sordid little affair was "Dr" Onuha's revalation that this e mail was worse than when she was diagnosed with cancer.Really???
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:01 am

I think Cookie will survive longer than Mrs Onuoha Twisted Evil
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:09 am

Tony, Tony, shame on you.Wink
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 am

We need to know all the facts first - Without wishing to sound unsympathetic, I had a truly obnoxious Aunt who used to tell people she had cancer to court sympathy. She did indeed have a very mild form that was non-malignant and was nothing more than some small open sores that appeared on her neck occasionally.
She was an alcholic and lived well into her mid 80's.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:37 am

Bozzer, whilst having sympathy with anyone who contracts this horrible disease, using your condition as some sort leaverage and barginning tool in a contract dispute, leaves me cold towards this woman.Its truely shameful.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:43 am

and remember, she aint no medical doctor. only one report i read mentioned that fact.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:08 pm

Interesting story, she was dealing with the Nigerian FA last year

http://allafrica.com/stories/201004261587.html

She obviously regards Ned as something of a cash cow as well.

http://www.levelbusiness.com/doc/company/uk/06317682
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:21 pm

all interesting stuff boris.

i think someone needs to investigate this woman thoroughly. where did she get her doctorate? was it all legit and above board?

there are so many questions that need answering.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:42 pm

It would very easy for a lot of fans to write Cookey off because of his previous gaffes but I'm totally uncertain about the truth here.

If you actually read the email, does it look like something that would pass between 2 businessmen who see each other on a daily basis?

It's simple to find the time, place and machine used to send an email - If it was sent from SA on Cook's laptop then there's very little chance it was hacked unless his wife's got a gripe.

Ned's managed to maintain his silence for 10 months whislt having a successful spell at Sunderland. Why does he still want to play for City if insulting emails are being sent about his mother, I think I would have been round Cook's office with a bat in my hand.

Kia Joorachbin, how come anything he touches turns to shit. Ned hasn't found a new club and has absolutely no chance of getting a contract extension now so no money for Kia. This weazle knows that Cook is the only thing that stands between him and big money deals at City. His loss of face over the Corinthians deal with Tevez must have stung so there's definately a motive there.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:48 pm

i really do hope and believe that kia won't be allowed anywhere near city if they can help it.

i can't believe that ned couldn't find himself a club after a decent season at sunderland. he was going for about £5M-£6M and his current wages are £38k per week so nothing out of the ordinary there.

neverton couldn't pay that £38k to take him on loan as city refused to fund any part of the deal.

ned needs to take a long hard look at himself in the mirror. his footy career is going down the toilet at the moment when he should be out there playing and enjoying the best years of his life.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:56 pm

Our owners and their associates aren't simpletons. They will make the right decision for the club. Whether Cook stays or goes, Kia will get no change from our owner, quite the opposite in fact. As for Ned, seeing as he is supposed to be an intelligent lad, i think he is very naive and has been badly advised resulting in fucking up his career.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Tue Sep 06, 2011 1:13 pm

I don't know if any of you used to watch Frazier but I'm now starting to think that Ned's mum is actually Mimi.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:38 pm

I cant belive some of you lads here having a pop at somebody with cancer. Forget about City, Ned & football for one min, imagine it was your Mam/family jesus.

I dont know who's fucked up here but what I do know is that Cancer is not one bit funny.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Tue Sep 06, 2011 2:46 pm

I don't think anyone was laughing ONH at that fact..

more the timing and surrounding bull, most probably on both sides of this one...
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:13 pm

ONH, I dont know if he wrote it or not. If he did then he should go, not least for lying to the club. However the term Ravaged by cancer was first used by neds mum AND agent. She was dealing probably quite successfully with Neds contract. here might well of been an air of disbelief at the term and the fact she chose to use it while dealing in a profesional manner.

But more than anything its the timing thats very very suspect
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:32 pm

Spot on lee1, the timing is the key thing. It seems she is using her condition to put pressure on the club regarding Neds situation.

I feel for anyone who has to deal with that ilness, it has killled 2 members of my family in the last 6 years. Its the cynical way the story has been manipulated, 12 months after it happened, that people with be suspicious of.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:46 pm

Wherever its come from its in very bad taste. It does'nt matter that his mam is acting as his agent & sorting out the lads contract, shes only looking after her own son.

Its a bit shit really this, needs sorting.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:55 pm

If it was'nt for Kia's 'advice' this would have been sorted long ago ONH. this hacking story sounds bizzare, but as we dont know the full facts yet of an internal investigation its difficult to comment. The whole hacking scandal that continues to rage on with news international could be an easy way to shift the blame.

I like Cooke, always have despite his gaffs, he has transformed City behind the scenes, and is working everyday to improve us more.

Whatever has happened, i agree its in very bad taste.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 3:56 pm

hopefully the truth will out soon enough.

ONH, sorry mate, you are being an arse just to have the contrary view.

We are discussing the motives and the timing. No one has had a pop at her illness whatsoever (as far as I can see).

If she is acting as his agent, then she should stick to that. No need to try and bring personal issues to the table.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:09 pm

I'am not going to get into a "row" over this one, I've lost one of my parents not long ago to cancer.

Theres "no points" to be scored here for me, just think its all in very bad taste & for it to dragged all over the media No

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:19 pm

ONH - no-one is being intentionally insenstitive over this topic. I'm sure we have all lost loved ones or friends to cancer so we are certainly not being unsympathetic to Ned's mum.

None of us know who is telling the truth either - I'm sure if Cook is lying, he will be villified by City fans.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:27 pm

if cook is lying he will be gone.

as i said before, if he'd done it and admitted it, he'd probably have got a slapped wrist.

if he did it and then lied about it, he is history.

this would be a great job for anyone to get but there is so much media scrutiny that it is so easy to get things wrong.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Tue Sep 06, 2011 4:46 pm

ONH, from visiting my Nanna in Christies to say goodbye to her when i was 14, i've always hated this disease, no one on here has had a pop at Mrs Onauha illness, just the way SHE has put this in the public domain some 10 months after the incident had happened. I agree that it is indeed in bad taste, but to suggest that we are mocking her illness, is also in bad taste.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:51 pm

Unfortunatly we ALL either have lost someone or know somebody who has had this terrible disease... City have a second to non in legal and probably the best investigation team on it now!

Me personally will back City and whatever decision our club comes to..
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:16 am

I'm with everyone else on the actual disease: Cancer is a complete bitch of a disease and the sooner we can find a cure for it, the better.

However, as for the story itself, I have to conclude that it's all very suspicious. If this email was sent ten months ago, why is it only coming out now? Surely it should've been addressed at the time! I know from personal experience how this works: I once wrote an email blasting a senior manager and inadvertently sent it to him Embarassed I was hauled in by my boss within minutes and asked to explain myself, and then I had to eat a humungous slice of humble pie and apologise to the guy I'd insulted. I was very lucky and he decided not to take it any further. And that all happened within one hour of hitting "send".

This all smacks of opportunism to me. Even if Cookie did send it, and I'm not so sure he didn't, then it should've been dealt with at the time. It's almost as though someone has advised it's sat on until such time as Ned doesn't get his own way, so it can be used as leverage. There's a word for that: Blackmail.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:37 am

Cancer isn't a single disease, it's a group of illnesses that vary in severity from mildly irritating to 100% fatal.

Obviously it's a very personal situation which is why I'm amazed at the lack of infomation on Mrs Onouah's condition as she was the one who tried to make capital out of it and put the email into the public domain.

The reason I may seem cynical about Ned's mum is the fact that one of my mates had Chemo about 4 years ago and that seemed to do the trick, but 3 months later the cancer returned with a vengence. He chose not to have further treatment and died a few weeks later. This was a very normal bloke with young teenage kids and a decent job, the fact he couldn't face any more Radio/Chemotherapy at 43 years of age and had everything to live for tells me everything I need to know about the horrors of that disease and the fact someone could use this illness as a form of emotional blackmail for financial gain disgusts me.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:47 pm

why did she sit on it for ten months?

sorry for appearing cynical, but i would expect some cock and bull story if she was ever asked that question.

Let's get this straight. Ned didn't get a transfer or a loan. City refused to pay any part of the £38K per week wages when Everton wanted to loan him. After the window closes, this story appears.

Why aren't the papers writing an article on that?

I wonder if a journo could get hold of her to comment....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:58 pm

Have a read of Martin Samuels take on it, certainly a more interesting and level headed take on events.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/article-2034473/Turmoil-Manchester-City--cure-Garry-Cook-Martin-Samuel.html
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:00 pm

I read that the story was "Sold to the Sun by a relative of an ex player who had a grievence against Garry Cook"....no more details were given.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:13 pm

samuels does write some very good stuff from time to time.

i think he wrote that email and he would have got away if he had admitted it from the start but for Dr Onuoha to go bleating 11 months after it happened, a few days after her son didn't get his loan, should be just as big an issue here.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:15 pm

Boris, that relative of an ex player, just also happens to have a weekly column in that rag, hence him publishing the details of Neds pay and contract dispute in it.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 07, 2011 5:23 pm

BWTAC - I read that article today, but read an even better, more impartial take on the whole events and current climate for PC behaviour.

Matthew Syed of The Times wrote a brilliant article which summed up the whole furore in a nutshell.

Unfortunately, you need a Times subscription to read it online. I suppose a little searching will come up with something. Brilliant piece.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down