Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Honest Opinions on Yaya EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Honest Opinions on Yaya

+7
leopold
TMG
Wensdi
Plays By Sense Of Smell
bellyblue
Topdawg
blueboy
11 posters

Go down

Honest Opinions on Yaya Empty Honest Opinions on Yaya

Post by blueboy Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:24 pm

What do you all think of him - apart from his two goals at Wembley?

For me - he is fucking shite! Cannot defend for toffee, cannot even track back, gives the ball away and looks like he is fucked after 60 minutes.

I've said this since he came - but tonight was the icing on the cake - Barca must be rubbing their hands after the money we paid for the useless fucker. I think he makes us slow in possession and brittle when a team has a decent midfield. For me, DeJong as the DFM and fuck Barry off for Milner.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Honest Opinions on Yaya Empty Re: Honest Opinions on Yaya

Post by Topdawg Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Barry was poor tonight. I like yaya's surging runs but he can't be arsed to defend.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:33 pm

Great player.

Shit tonight, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:44 pm

Not a D.M end of... good going forward only, cant or wont defend, shite in the air and cant last a full game!

Good player but needs to get prem fit.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:10 pm

Not a DM agree but he won't be thre once DeJong is back... It will be DeJong and Barry/Milner I prefer Milner because he is quicker..

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:29 pm

What Disaster said.

Was at Fulham and first half was screaming for him to charge into the massive avenues that were opening up down the middle.

He'd obviously been told to stay put by Bobby, but he had plenty of cover, it was already one-way traffic by that point and him turning up to the party would have sent them into total panic leading to more goals. (He could have ambled through to be honest - god, the gaps were wider than when Moses escaped from Egypt.)

Yes, he does look lke he's loping most of he time, but when he gets going people seem to just bounce off him, if they can get near him at all.

He's also got that ability I've noted from playing against & watching several guys with ridiculously long legs over the years to keep possesion of the ball and get it back even when he loses it - a leg just comes out of nowhere like a tentacle and tackles you again. (Kanu was similar. Think it's partly to do with something called skill)

Sooner he's able to get back to driving us forward the better.
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:40 am

Why are you taking your frustrations out on YaYa - he was a big part of us winning the CC - you all have short memories. Everybody is upset tonight with the result - and to be fair - we played really well for 40 minutes. He plays where Bobby tells him to play. We went to pieces when Tevez wouldn't come on and Mancini had to play DeJong instead of a striker. Edin wasn't having a great match - he thought Tevez might make a difference. Obviously Tevez is done.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:41 am

To be honest I don't think Yaya is that good. Without De Jong I have been wondering where our MF has gone against Napoli, Fulham & now Bayern. It's all well & good being a super exciting attacking team but we can't afford to forget about defence

Nasri & Silva are not defensive at all. We look great going forward but Barry & Yaya are not good enough/fast enough to get back when we have lost the ball in attack & we then look ridiculously exposed

Hopefully having Nige back will rectify this but Yaya should be the one that makes way IMO
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:28 am

I can't make my mind up about Yaya. Sometimes he's way too slow, but then he'll make a good run or a decent challenge and look like the player we thought we were getting. He can't last a full game, but he can change a game and that should be enough. That said, he's not a defensive player and with four up front already we're creating too big a gap in the middle with him there. We either play him with three out of Aguero/Dzeko/Silva/Nasri or we play all four of those guys and leave him out. Or we look at him as a foil with Balo.

But what happened last night wasn't Yaya's fault, so I agree with Wensdi, we should leave him alone.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:23 am

I said this elsewhere.

I appreciate his 2 game decent performaces in the FA Cup but the wages and profile of a player llike him to only perform 10% of a season is a fucking embarrassment. He aint fit and never will be.

He let us down BIG TIME was Yaya, what a joke of a work ethic?

Slow, lumbering, plodding, leaving massive gaps, and has the cheek to point fingers at everyone else!!!

At least Barry tries to make tackles and knowing his lack of pace tries to pre-guess, but Yaya?

Jesus H Christ...

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:17 am

Vin, he played 3 days prior to this game it was mancini's fault knowing his fitness levels are like that... he cant even put 100% every 7 days let alone every three days... his energy levels are low but I wouldn't call him lazy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:28 am

Jesus, come on mate, its irrelevant.

He should have better general fitness all round, nevermind that old ''needs a rest'' chestnut, it does not wash with me.

If you can honestly say hand on heart you are happy with the effort he puts in since his overall time with us, then you mate must have been looking at a different player.

He has never been consistant, and never will be, Barca got rid for a reason, and it shows more than ever.

I would call him lazy, as my defination of lazy is Yaya personified.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:38 am

to be honest I think our worse player was Dzeko but neither barry, silva nasri were at their best. I think to just pick on yaya is not fair... it was silva that lost the ball (sloppy pass) which led to their counter, how is that yaya's fault? he is not a DM, if DeJong was playing maybe he would have doubled up on Ribery with Richards and recovered...

I think we should have played Milner(instead of Aguro) with Dzeko for the first half, if they hadn't have scored, if would have frustrated them, they would have acted rash and aguero could have made a super sub apperance, the fact is Aguro looked tired aswell and he is not lazy...

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:43 am

Look I aint pinning ALL blame on Yaya, just highlighting the fact he was shite when we needed him the most, Nasri was near invisible, and Barry was slow and struggled, but at least he TRIES. Silva was off form but it helps if you know you can go forward and creat when you have decent Midfielder holding the fort, which regardless of yayas natural position or not he SHOULD be able to fulfil a role of which he is asked.

I agree with playing Milner but instead of Barry, and De Jong in for Yaya, even with Nige being not fully fit, would have covered more grass than Yaya.

Augerro still tried more than yaya and is defo not as lazy as yaya, whats the reason for Yaya being so slow, so jaded, so lethargic and slow cumbersome 95% of the time he is on the pitch and STILL stays on and never gets subbed?

Its beyond belief mate, look sorry to be ranting but no disrespect to you directly Jesus, just fucking steaming with anger.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 11:58 am

Thats cool mate, I understand we all had such high expectations from him after last season but his fitness hasn't got any better... Dejong looked 70% becasue he wasn't as quick as he usually is and you could see he didnt want to overdo it, still he is better 70% than barry 100%!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Haha I agree with that about Barry.

He reminds me of myself, his mind is still sharp but his limbs wont let him do it anymore!

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:45 pm

yes and me is my kungfu bruce lee days! Wink ... mind and body sharp! now its just mind the body cant take it you end up with bad injuries!

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:54 pm

We need to clone Dejong!!!

yaYa was shite last night, all my City mates slated him, not just on here! Barry had an average game, but cannot defend a corner!!! ever!! he always misses the ball! we need more dynamism in europe, Milner for Barry all the way. Nasri evaporated in the 2nd half, Aguero looked isolated, infact Munich just hilighted that there is a gulf between talking it and walking it when it comes to Europe, our team is still realtively new up front, so give it time and we'll improve and the team will take the result on the chin and get thier shit together for future CL games.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Aguero looked isolated because he was, and this was down to all three of his supporting cast not being on it. Dzeko hasn't looked anything like as sharp since the international break, Nasri isn't looking like the player we thought we were getting and poor Silva is starting to look a bit ragged - hardly surprising considering he's carrying the attacking threat all the time. So no wonder Aguero isn't getting anywhere.

Time for a change, but not sure what that should be. Perhaps Milner's industrialism would be a refreshing change. Or here's an idea, what about giving Johnson another crack?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:27 pm

Hope our Owen gets a start on the weekend and rest Silva. He's worked his goolies off last three matches.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:28 pm

Wensdi I agree!! Hi by the way

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:32 pm

Morning Big Boy - hope everything is well with you:D
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:38 pm

Wensdi what did I tell you about using our petnames from our time as husband and wife??

It is thanks, well, as good as it can be, still some sheeite to sort out.

Same to you big tits. x

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bellsouth Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:17 pm

When he's good he's great, barn storming runs, crucial goals etc, but when he's bad its like playing with 10 men

Bellsouth
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:59 pm

hey vinnie leave them boobs alone! all they are is just another brick in the wall...

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Sep 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Welcome back Vince.

I think the point that some pro-Yaya supporters are making about Yaya being played in that DFM role are a little off the mark. Did he not fulfil that role at the worlds best club?

We were all surprised that Mancini adopted him in a more attacking role last season - and to be fair, for that money, apart from his 2 goals and a couple of decent surges forward - he looked fucking slow and lazy.

Surely for a £20m+ 'world-class' player he cannot have forgotten how to play the role he did with the worlds best club - in 18 months???

Mancini never drops him - and that's what pisses me off. I'm not saying he should never play for us again and last night was all his fault, but we all know that after 60 minutes - HE LOOKS FUCKED! Why - I haven't a clue?

But what I would like to see is Mancini rotating him (resting him) and bringing in more energetic players against teams that have an energetic midfield - which we were all warned about with Bayern.

Johnson needs to get back fit again - with luck NJD is now back, so it maybe time to deploy Milner in with NJD, Johnson out wide right, Nasri out wide left and Aguero, Balotelli, Silva and Dzeko rotated.

Like I said - i'm not totally blaming Yaya - but for the first goal he showed Ribery inside onto his right foot, when forcing him out left would have sent him into Micah, who up to that point didn't give Ribery a kick, but no - he shows him into the only bit of space that was available - and then isn't quick enough off the mark to stop the shot. So partial blame has to be put on Yaya's shoulders - and as for the second - who the fuck was supposed to be marking Van Buyten? He danced across Kolo, Micah and then Barry to get his header in.

Also - not sure how Dzeko can throw a strop after his awful performance last night and against Everton - since Spurs he's been shite as well. Bench-warmer me feels for a few weeks!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:59 pm

Yaya is an average defensive midfielder at best, probably below average in fact as he has about as much of a tackle in him as Kolarov.

He's decent when pushed up into that supporting role for our strikers, but is only good for one match a week, play him any more than that and he will be a complete passenger to the point we might aswell play with 10 men.

Think Barry's been decent this season, but like Yaya he only has the fitness to play one match a week (albeit Barry can usually last the full 90mins, where Yaya struggles past the hour mark).
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Fuck me...

Maybe we shoulda resigned Gelson Fernandes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down