Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Riyad Mahrez EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Riyad Mahrez EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Riyad Mahrez EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Riyad Mahrez EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Riyad Mahrez EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Riyad Mahrez EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Riyad Mahrez EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Riyad Mahrez EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Riyad Mahrez EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Riyad Mahrez EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Riyad Mahrez

4 posters

Go down

Riyad Mahrez Empty Riyad Mahrez

Post by Strange Blue Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:57 pm

So its finally official I'm wondering what everyone else on here thinks about the signing. He's got some impressive stats from the last couple of seasons & I think he gives us something different. If I'm honest I think its a position that didn't really need reinforcing that much, but when you are playing in so many different competitions over the season then injuries & suspensions take their toll. Probably also true that our B team was not quite as strong as some of us thought, I mean you can only play so many of the kids in a cup game before you weaken the side too much & that dents their confidence.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Riyad Mahrez Empty Re: Riyad Mahrez

Post by Blue Radley Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Always felt when we signed Mendy that Pep wanted to play 3 at the back with the width coming from Mendy and Walker as wing-backs. Mahrez and Bernardo are likely to get more game time when we play with a 3, and Sane and Sterling more likely options as genuine wingers with a back 4. I'm sure Mahrez will fit in perfectly, his first touch is incredible and looks like a real Pep player. The problem comes trying to keep everyone happy, but not a bad problem to have!
Blue Radley
Blue Radley
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:23 pm

Blue Radley wrote:Always felt when we signed Mendy that Pep wanted to play 3 at the back with the width coming from Mendy and Walker as wing-backs. Mahrez and Bernardo are likely to get more game time when we play with a 3, and Sane and Sterling more likely options as genuine wingers with a back 4. I'm sure Mahrez will fit in perfectly, his first touch is incredible and looks like a real Pep player. The problem comes trying to keep everyone happy, but not a bad problem to have!

Will be interesting to see if he does opt for a back 3 from the get go or reserves it for use against particular teams. How close is Mendy to being 100% fit anyway?
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 pm

Mendy should be fully fit. He made the France World Cup squad and even got a bit of game time at one point. 3 at the back gives us another option, but I remember Mancini trying it the year after winning the title and it was a disaster. We have better players now, a better coach and a clear vision. Even a back four is more like a 3 or even a 2 the way we play so high up the pitch. We only saw snippets of Mendy last season, but his balls into the box were fantastic so there's not much chance of the goals drying up any time soon...
Blue Radley
Blue Radley
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:27 am

I do think he will be a good player for us.  While 60m does sound like a lot of money it's refreshing that we were not taken for a ride again and played hardball over the price.  Especially with 10m from Roberts going the other way, and you could almost count the Itchy money too making it an even better deal.

I'm worried about the start of the season though, a lot of the stars will only just be back in training and to go straight in at the Gooners might just start us a little on the back foot if we don't win.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:29 am

He's a better option on the flank than Bernardo.  He's faster, will take on a player and can put in a decent cross, which is what we are a bit short on.

I think Bernie is better suited to playing in the centre and I'd assumed from the start that his signing was more to provide cover for Spanish Dave - he's getting on a bit and despite playing the best I've ever seen him last season, he's not got many years left in him yet.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:33 am

blisteringblue wrote:I'm worried about the start of the season though, a lot of the stars will only just be back in training and to go straight in at the Gooners might just start us a little on the back foot if we don't win.
I don't think we're going to be that short on our first team.  Yes, we could be finding ourselves without Stones, Walker, Sterling, KDB and Mendy.  But neither Ederson nor Sané took part in the WC, Sergio's time in the competition was minimal, and a lot of the other players haven't had a game in over a week.  Arsenal are going to have similar issues to us and aren't likely to be at full strength either.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:07 pm

Good chance Mahrez will start both the Community Sheild & the Arsenal game for this very reason. Glad that he’ll get a full pre season too.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jul 13, 2018 9:53 am

Well, we got him in early enough to factor him into pre-season training so I'd expect him to be taking to the field in at least the tin plate.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:08 pm

Who didn't play at all, or not much, at the WC:

Ederson
Danilo
Otamendi
Laporte
Mendy
Delph
Gundogan
Silva
Bernardo
Mahrez
Aguero
Sane
Foden

Think we might just be able to put a half decent team out
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:19 am

If we can't field a team that can't put up a decent showing in the CS with that lot then someone needs to have a word.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down