Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip

+2
shakencity
lee1pen
6 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Thursday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:48 am

Thu 20 Oct 2011, 8:41AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

Stone me. Everything seems to be coming up Roses this derby week, and over at Old Trafford, they're in no doubt about the importance of Sunday's game. This is the one.

As the Guardian's Andy Hunter reports: "Otelul Galati barely warranted a mention as (the players) filed out of the National Arena in Bucharest on Tuesday evening, although not because their performance was one to forget.

"All minds switched to Sunday after the defeat of Romania's champions, and a date with Manchester City that Nani admits will be the city's most important derby of the Premier League era."

Now there's a statement, but he points out that "Roberto Mancini's team will arrive at Old Trafford looking down on United and seeking to establish a five-point lead over their rivals at the top of the league.

"There is no trepidation among Sir Alex Ferguson's champions. United have not dropped a point at home in more than a year, a record stretching back to the draw against West Bromwich Albion on 16 October 2010 and consisting of a remarkable 19 consecutive league wins."

Blimey. Here are Nani's nannies: "Every year the games against City seem to get more important. They are playing well, they have a good team, they have good players, they are doing fantastic and of course it will be more difficult than other games.

"But we should not forget, we are United. We are playing at home and that is a big factor for us. We have a fantastic home record. Whenever we play the big games we have a positive attitude and want to win."

The Portuguese star adds that the FA Cup semi-final has no psychological bearing - "all the players have forgotten that game now" - but the Guardian man doesn't say whether he kept a straight face.

Over at The Independent, they've got Pablo Zabaleta, who reckons: "Of course we believe we can go there and win.

<BLOCKQUOTE>

We know we have a great team and we are going to Old Trafford to win this game

</BLOCKQUOTE>
"We have the team for that and we are positive. We are two points ahead of United in the Premier League and we have the chance to make it a bigger difference so it's going to be a huge game."

Talksport take a gentle poke at the derby build-up with their amusing Spacebook feature, with Roberto claiming to have uncovered a plot to nobble his bike so he "wouldn't make the dug-out".

Sir Alex's response? "I would have got away with it too if it wasn't for that pesky Kidd." We like this.

Just in case anyone is in any doubt, Spacebook isn't true, it's a spoof, just a bit of gentle humour. It didn't happen. Unlike the Roses reunion.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Re: Thursday Gossip

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:57 am

"United have not dropped a point at home in more than a year, a record stretching back to the draw against West Bromwich Albion on 16 October 2010 and consisting of a remarkable 19 consecutive league wins."

Gosh, i have to admit that's impressive. On the other hand however, it does mean they're due a defeat.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:10 am

I'm sure we can ruin that record for them. We did it to Chelsea a couple of years ago as well, did their two and a bit years unbeaten record.

Weren't we the last team to beat them at the swamp as well? Or has someone else done them in the meantime?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Oct 20, 2011 4:54 pm

If they do have a wobble, it'll be against us at home, derbies seem to effect Utd just as much as, if not more than it does us. Bar a wonder goal last season, and a fergie time winner, we've matched them, then there's the Semi at Wembley, then the Munich anniversery game we spoiled by being respectful, and winning.

I hope the curse of player of the month hasn't infected Silva, like it has Dzeko! I'd be happy with a draw, but a lastminute wonder goal from Mario would be perfection, followed by a wink at Ferdinand....
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:07 pm

Bewar3them00n wrote:If they do have a wobble, it'll be against us at home, derbies seem to effect Utd just as much as, if not more than it does us. Bar a wonder goal last season, and a fergie time winner, we've matched them, then there's the Semi at Wembley, then the Munich anniversery game we spoiled by being respectful, and winning.

I hope the curse of player of the month hasn't infected Silva, like it has Dzeko! I'd be happy with a draw, but a lastminute wonder goal from Mario would be perfection, followed by a wink at Ferdinand....

"I would love it, just love it"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Oct 20, 2011 5:11 pm

My only worry about the game is - the referee-who, in his right mind put this fool in charge?He is noted for making stupid decisions in big games,although he is being given a lot of European games.
If Clattenburg does have a good game it will make all the difference,but I feel that his ego will get the better of him. Laughing

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down