Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyToday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday?

+3
Paulpowersleftfoot
ONH
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? Empty What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday?

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:53 pm

Forget the 3 points. Forget the 5 points clear. Forget the 12 + GD. Forget the 6-1.

Is it equally important psychologically that other teams will now believe that they CAN go to Old Trafford and attack a defence that is all over the place? A midfield that lacks creativity? What yesterday did was obliterate the myth that Old Trafford is a fortress and United are anyway near the team they have been in the past.

6-1, regardless of us playing against 10 men, would never have happened last season or the previous 10 seasons with their teams of yester-year.

The myth has been blown out of the water - and I think that is the biggest victory for us and for football.

Other teams will go at a team that lacks quality in both defence and midfield. Up front they still have fantastic quality - but has Taggert shown signs already this season that he really doesn't believe in what he has? Against Liverpool - he picked the wrong team and drew. Against us, prior to the game he admitted that he had no clue what team we were going to put out - and it did matter.

Doubts, doubts and more doubts.

Thoughts?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? Empty Re: What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday?

Post by ONH Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:30 pm

if United had scored in first twenty min when they were all over city who knows what the final score would have been?

In 96 we got hammered 5-0 & 6-3 by Newcastle then Southampton on the bounce, we then went on to do the double.

Not taking anything away from City but United wont be far off the top of the league, if not top come May when it really matters.

IMO.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday? Empty Re: What Will Other Clubs Think of Yesterday?

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:33 pm

I honestly think yoonited should really target the carling cup this year RWC.
A cup is a cup so you should play your full strength team in that,presuming of course that was your usual carling team out yesterday?
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:36 pm

I think other teams will fear us now.... but are they going to do to us what we did last year and defend/park the bus?? Also why am i still worried about Wolves away?? Not too bothered about the C.Cup (cant believe im saying that!) but really hope what we whitnessed yesterday is the benchmark for the seasons to come. Fergie will still get it right im afraid it's up to us to keep pushing on and never go back to the "typical City"" tag.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:50 pm

paul

I hope United put a full stength team out this week in the cup, because if we win we might end up playing you lot in the next round.

Revenge.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:07 pm

ONH - I don't doubt that United WILL be there at the end of the season, as their reputation will still have an effect on other teams. My post was not to be all "glory, glory Man City, we've now won the league"..but to point out that this season, similar to lasts, you are not the team you once were, and yesterday was a result waiting to happen - not by any old team, but a team that turned up at Old Trafford and believed they could get at United. First 20 minutes were exactly what was expected. You had the ball, you tried to over-power us, but it just didn't work.

Young looked like he was going to cause us all sorts of problems, but Mancini identified that quickly and ensured that Kompany and Lescott came out of defence further and stopped Rooney and Fletcher in midfield.....which allowed Micah and Clichy to look after Nani and Young who, .....after 20 minutes, they were non-existent.

Mancini out-thought Fergie. City out-fought United, even before the sending off. We out-passed you, out-tackled you, all in the first half. The second-half, after Evans got sent off, was a master-class in possession, passing and clinical football.

I suggest United and Chelsea will be there or there about's with us at the end of the season.....but yesterday will harm United in a way they have never been hurt before....and that will be a worry for any Man U fan - and hope for all other PL teams.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:27 pm

well I'am not worried yet, hurting yes but worried no.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:29 pm

Fair enough.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:02 pm

The' Theater of Dreams' turned into a nightmare.Admittedly Fergie has had it very good for a long time ,but yesterday he got it all wrong.
If Ferdinand is the English hope for the Euro's, God help us.Evra is a disgrace ,and Evans must think that David Silva has wings.James Milner is really coming into his own,and how can Cappello keep leaving the best Right back in the country on the side lines?Jones is alright as a midfielder,but nowhere near Richards,ask Young!
It is only one result but I can live with that for the next 25 years!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:47 pm

the worrying thing for utd is that teams have had so many shots against them. ok, some have just been because de gea looks dodgy and liable to let anything in.

utd have relied on their mental strength and pother teams fear.

it used to be the same with liverpool and that empire crumbled t00
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:33 am

To be properly fair, Norwich showed us all the way the other week. If Pilkington had his shooting boots on, they'd have got something. All we did is employ the attack-minded attitude at their place (which teams don't generally do) and apply a bit of finishing quality.

Now we've done it, I expect other teams to try. And those teams will no doubt end up getting murdered.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down