Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Wednesday gossip EmptyToday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Wednesday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Wednesday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Wednesday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Wednesday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Wednesday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Wednesday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Wednesday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Wednesday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Wednesday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wednesday gossip

2 posters

Go down

Wednesday gossip Empty Wednesday gossip

Post by lee1pen Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:47 am

Wed 26 Oct 2011, 8:35AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

Injury news is a bit old hat these days for the papers, especially with all the exciting stuff going on at City, but when the player in question is Owen Hargreaves, it's a different matter.

Understandably perhaps, given his luckless record, the England midfielder only need stub his toe on a chair leg to become the immediate subject of concern on sports desks far and wide.

He didn't figure in the derby and won't be fit for the Carling Cup at Wolverhampton - but fear not, David Platt reassures an anxious Press, he'll be fine. It's still a story though ...

As Chris Wheeler reports in the Mail : "Owen Hargreaves has been denied the chance to take his next step on the comeback trail after injury ruled him out of City's Carling Cup tie at Wolves.

"Hargreaves's only start since joining City in September came in the last round, when a stunning goal against Birmingham silenced those who doubted he would play at the highest level again.

"The former England midfielder was pencilled in to start at Molineux but City said he will miss the game with a calf problem.

"The club were at pains to point out it is a minor injury unrelated to the serious knee condition that restricted Hargreaves to 39 games in four years at Old Trafford."

He quotes Platty: "There is no worry about it. He has got a little niggle that because it is Owen Hargreaves we are talking about it.

"It is nothing much, it is just a kick in the calf. We have had it scanned and there is no pull or anything. He has not broken down."

<BLOCKQUOTE>

City's first-team coach also spells out Roberto Mancini's stance on the Carling Cup: 'He's greedy, he wants everything'

</BLOCKQUOTE>
Over in Nottingham, Forest are delighted to have landed Greg Cunningham on loan until the New Year to fill their problem left-back position under new boss Steve Cotterill.

The Evening Post quotes Academy graduate Ishmael Miller: "I think he was coming through as I left. He is coming from a big club so hopefully he can come in, do a good job and make a big impact."

Cotterill tells them: "Left-backs are very difficult to come by and although he's only a young player I think he's got a good future ahead of him."

Soccerway.com are among those taken with Mario Balotelli's #askmario interview on our site, especially the striker's enduring bond with the boss.

The quote they like? "When a manager wants you, he trusts you, so he gives you more chances. Mancini is like a dad to me. Mancini wants me so I have to be one of the best in the squad so I don't disappoint him."

Well, that works for us, Mario ...
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Wednesday gossip Empty Re: Wednesday gossip

Post by Wensdi Wed Oct 26, 2011 3:06 pm

Good read Lee:D

Have been looking forward to seeing a little more of Owen - disappointed he's got a bit of a niggle going on in his calf.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down