Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Gossip from the Etihad EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Gossip from the Etihad EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Gossip from the Etihad EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Gossip from the Etihad EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Gossip from the Etihad

+4
leopold
Topdawg
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
shakencity
8 posters

Go down

Gossip from the Etihad Empty Gossip from the Etihad

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:59 am

My source at City told me this morning that City are seriously contemplating offloading alot of the "average" players at the club sooner rather than later, with the intent of then buying quality and having a core squad of 15 "brilliant" players. No out-going or in-coming names were mentioned, but this is purely aimed at becoming serious CL contenders asap......also inturn complying with the FFP rules.

I know in essence this isn't rocket science, but if anything it does prove the RM is planning again for the future and hopefully CL success.

I personally don't think we'll lose that many straight away, as we can't jepordise our league position, but let's face facts, something has to change if RM's to please the bigwigs.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Gossip from the Etihad Empty Re: Gossip from the Etihad

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:19 am

Who would you class as average Shaken?

Mine would be, Mario, Lescott, Kolorov, Kolo Toure, Luca Scapuzzi, Bridge, Santa Cruz and Boyata?

Anymore?
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:50 am

Right, don't have a go Vince but besides those definates i'd even throw in Sinclair, Rodwell and Milner too......but he'd be the last to go, not too sure about Garcia yet either mate. Obviously they're not all going to go (if at all any) but we do seem to still have alot of avaerage players at the club don't we!

I think we need maybe 3 quality players, to get us upto that 15 or so we're talkin about.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Yea, thats weird mate, I was going to mention Rodwell and Sinclair too, but thought I aint really seen enough yet to judge either.

Garcia, Im not sure about as I have mentioned before.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:03 pm

den, who do you class as quality players then and who would you keep for the squad?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:55 pm

Oh eck, now you're askin Dawg?

King Serge, Tevez, Yaya, Clichy, Nasri, Silva, Maicon, Dzeko, Hart, Richards, Barry, Nasty bollocks.....there's 12 for starters, throw in Zab and you've a squad to build on there.

Don't really know who RM will add to be honest, but obviously Falcao and de Rossi seem to be two he's looking at but apart from those i've no idea mate.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 19, 2012 1:01 pm

Vincents' Shadow MCFC wrote:Mine would be, Mario, Lescott, Kolorov, Kolo Toure, Luca Scapuzzi, Bridge, Santa Cruz and Boyata?
Yes, in a year or so definitely, questionable, yes, yes, definitely, hell yes, yes.

Lescott has probably one year left in him, so maybe getting rid now whilst his league medal is still current is a good idea. Nasty seems to be carving himself a nice little niche for himself in defence and I think he's going to be hard to shift.

Kolarov, not sure. If he makes the wider role his own then he could be a good bet as Sinclair can't even get on the team. But it's whether he can do it.

I'd agree with Den on Sinclair and Rodwell as well. Maybe a spell in the reserves would help, but I do get the feeling we bought them because we could and not because they offer us anything. Garcia is a different matter, he could be very good indeed, but just needs some time to bed in. And once he does then I suspect Barry will be moved on. Not that he's average, far from it, but he's nudging mid thirties and it's whether he can keep it up or not.

Milner - yes, he'd definitely be the last one to leave, he's a good player to have against the pub sides like Stoke and you can count on him to put in a shift. But we'd have to need the extra dosh first, I don't think we should just let him go regardless.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Nov 19, 2012 3:17 pm

I think Kolarov has stepped up his game recently and certainly don't think Sinclair has been given a flippin chance yet - come on!! If Milner makes the England squad - then I don't see how you can even think about getting rid of him. He's a grafter like Zab. Zab's only average but we all love him and wouldn't dream of letting him go.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:03 pm

I said that Sinclair hasn't had a chance Wensdi.

Zab is a more than average, he has a little extra.

Kolorov is way below what is expected of him in my opinion, OK now and again he can sort of do a job, but come on average written all over him.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:20 pm

Wensdi, I know Sinclair hasn't been given a chance, but be honest, do you think he's significantly better than AJ was?

And how can you call Zabs average? Shocked

Personally I don't think we should sell Milner. But making the England team is irrelevant - Glen Johnson makes that team, would we want him?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:27 pm

Hahaha I agree with Leo's point about England comparison.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:29 pm

I think I've just spotted a flaw in my argument about Sinclair... Zabs wasn't anything special until he got the chance to oust Richards and it was only then that he raised his game to become a much better player. Maybe Scotty will develop the same way. But unless Bob gives him some game time, we'll never know.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Most teams have a few "average" players in the squad - that doesn't mean they aren't grafters - much rather have a grafter who works for the team - average or not - than a prima donna like Mario for example. I think its totally unfair to have brought in Sinclair without giving him a chance and I don't know if he's any better than AJ - until he's had as many runs out as AJ did - to compare them Leo.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincents' Shadow MCFC Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:35 pm

Yea I agree with grafters, but some players will never break a certain point regardless.

I do think Sinclair and Rodwell should be given more time, I like Milner, always have but I can't get used to Kolorov.
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Vincents' Shadow MCFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:44 pm

Every good team needs the grafters like Tevez, Zabba & Milner
Think we will be doin well to get 15 'brilliant' players. Personally I would only say we had 4 world class players if thats what u mean by brilliant - Aguero, Tevez, Yaya & Hart
Throughout the years The Loserpools, Chelskis & Rags title winning teams have had a a good squad of players playing for the team and by no means have many of the 1st team been brilliant

And Bridge & Santa Cruz average. That's an insult to average players !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:00 pm

Totally agree TMG - we are NOT gonna have 22 Christiano Ronaldos. I think our core team of Silva, Aguero, Tevez, Yaya, Hart, Kompany, Nasri are complemented with the grafters, Milner, Zabba, Barry, Edin, etc. Have to wait and see how Maicon, Garcia, Nasty and Sinclair and Rodwell do this season.

Think under a good boss/man manager - a lot of your so called "average teams" just click and do very well. Look at WB under Matteo/Hodgson/Clark - already 4th in the Prem and playing good footie. Similarly Swansea under Rodgers/Laudrup looking good with very average players. I daren't mention Wigan - LOL. It's all about getting the right mix - and the right coach. Think Fulham looking better under Jol - and Berbaflop has found his place there - he is a very imaginative player and totally unsuited to the Rags style of play.

On the other hand the Rags are hardly setting the world on fire are they with superstars like Rooney and RVP.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:11 pm

True. And Chelsea aren't immune from the wobbles with their admirable collection of talent either.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:24 pm

I guess RMs "brilliant" players may well differ from mine and yours. The average players may ONLY be the few Vince mentioned at the beginning, with the likes of Rodwell, Sinclair, Milner and Barry staying for the foreseeable. Who knows!!!!

All valid views and thoughts here guys but the one thing i'm encouraged by is the fact RM is realising where we've gone wrong (again) and may well be planning for the future. Hopefully, all this bodes well.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 19, 2012 6:01 pm

x=go

Goalkeepers

Joe Hart (ENG)

Costel Pantilimon (ROM)

Richard Wright (ENG) x

Defenders

Midfielders

Strikers

Management

Overall...........I've included Lescott because I'm not sure Bobby rates him. Rodwell has played 3 or 4 games - and to be fair has looked shite. Sinclair - not had enough game time a la Garcia (settling in needed).

If we were to sell all the (x) above, it wouldn't raise more than £20m add Mario £20m - and we don't even get enough for Falcao - so the FFP bollocks just leaves us with a reduction in the wage bill - 10 less players - but we would still need to replace the above with at least 5 more signings at a cost of £120-150m.

We do need to off-load the shite - but cannot see wholesale changes - maybe 3 or 4 out over the next 6 months - and maybe 2 or 3 big signings in......but either way - apart from the wage bill - we will need mega-bucks to bring in top class players - and £30m for De Rossi would be fucking mindless IMO for a 30/31 year old.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:53 pm

I'd get rid of Dzeko.. just not taken to him unless he is used as a Super sub.. the tag he dosn't like?? Kolorov another but like Dzeko can change a game or score the important goal, free kick or final ball?
Think what i'm saying is i haven't a clue Embarassed But Mancini has a lot tweeking to take us to the next level.
Still cant believe i'm talking about the next level but the European cup is the next level.
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:14 pm

I think Mancini's buys in the summer were very odd.

Rodwell? English - yes, young - yes........but injured? - always.

Sinclair - did OK for Swansea - but a Prem League Champions player? Not for me...though to be fair, we've hardly seen him.

Garcia - was touted as a very good player throughout Europe. Been injured, looks a little on the slow side with his passing - but again been injured and I still think he could turn out to be a very good signing (problem being - whilst Barry is fit, will only get the odd sniff).

Natsasic - I think he looks like he has finally settled in. His passing can be a little wayward.....but then Lescott is the worse passer on the team. Young, potential and starting to build a rapport with Vinny....can only mean one thing for Joleon.....subs bench and lump it...or be sold in Jan/June 2013.

So glad they have re-signed Guidetti.....shame he is injured as I think he can be a big bit-part player for us.

You look at the rag forward 4.......with Mario, we have a top 3.....Guidetti could be that number 4 - until we buy the next big thing up front to partner Aguero, as Tevez, for me, will be gone in the summer - final big move (Real M).

What worries me is cover for Clichy's pace - and cover alongside Vinny if he bins Lescott and Kolo next year.

NEXT QUESTION - if the game plan of the owners is to bring in Pep next summer.....how much will they realistically give Mancini in Jan?

Is this why he HAS to sell to bring in players?

Just my thoughts.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:30 pm

Very thourough analysis' there blue and pretty much spot on mate.

Think he might have to sell first to comply with the FFP rules but you may be right.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Sinclair did alright for GB too in the Olympics. It's horses for courses isn't it. Milner would do well on a freezing Monday night away at Stoke - when we don't want to risk Silva - as would Zab/Micah. Remember one of the "big stars" who turned out to be an even bigger dud? Give you a clue - he was Brazilian.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:15 pm

Yeah, I remember him! What a complete waste of space Jo was...;
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss