Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday club gossip EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday club gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday club gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday club gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday club gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday club gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday club gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday club gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday club gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday club gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday club gossip

2 posters

Go down

Thursday club gossip Empty Thursday club gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu May 05, 2011 9:31 am

Vincent Kompany's encouraging noises about wanting to be with City for years to come crop up all over the place this morning.

As ever when all the papers have the same quotes there will be a different slant in different publications. "The 25-year-old has been one of the inspirations behind City's charge to the FA Cup final and increasingly more certain challenge for a Champions League place. Having come so far in such a short period of time, it is hardly a surprise that the Belgium international wants to hang around for a lot longer," says the Independent.

The Star takes a more provocative line, reckoning Vinnie is being coveted by several big names from across Europe:

"The Belgian star has emerged as one of the best defenders in the Premier League this season following a string of faultless displays. Boss Roberto Mancini fears losing Kompany to one of Europe’s big guns this summer and is keen to tie him down to a new contract.

"Real Madrid, Bayern Munich and Juventus have all been keeping close tabs on Kompany’s progress in the last six months.

"But he has no intention of quitting City and would be more than happy to sign a long-term deal with the FA Cup finalists."

He may be out of the team at the moment with injury, but Micah Richards has caught the eye of none other than the man who captained Brazil's best-ever side. Carlos Alberto, who lifted the Jules Rimet Trophy in 1970, has been waxing lyrical about our Micah in a Brazilian magazine, and the eagle-eyed John Cross of the Daily Mirror has aired his thoughts.

"To me, possibilities for him to become captain of the English national team seem a very obvious path for such a player. But to become the best in his position in the world would only fulfil the promise I saw in him as a 17-year old." High praise indeed from a legendary figure, the rest of the article is well worth a look.

Rumours of mooted departures from City have gone around the world, with the Bangladesh Star picking up a newswire story that Bayern Munich are thought to be looking at Jerome Boateng & Emmanuel Adebayor.

lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday club gossip Empty Re: Thursday club gossip

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Thu May 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Its good to here he wants to stay and we ar'nt talking of cashing in on our best players like we did in the past, makes me wonder why MH played Kompany as DM for so long when we were struging to keep a clean sheet against Burnley and Wigan. We should be calming the Micah talk though, he had this pressure placed on his shoulders when he first broke into the England squad and we all saw how it affected him. I think its good news the talk is of the fringe players being allowed to leave, i was embaressed by Ade the other night, i thought the way he kicked players in the air was very childish and not the type of image we want at our club, even though the cheating cunts deserved it. The future is bright, the future is blue.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down