Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Fulham Game EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Fulham Game EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Fulham Game EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Fulham Game EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Fulham Game EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Fulham Game EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Fulham Game EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Fulham Game EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Fulham Game EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Fulham Game EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fulham Game

+3
Paulpowersleftfoot
blueboy
gratedbean
7 posters

Go down

Fulham Game Empty Fulham Game

Post by gratedbean Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:14 pm

Firstly, I'm glad I didn't have enough money this week to afford the train back to Manchester and end up watching that showery shit. Secondly I won't be spending any time on 606 tonight, can't be arsed with the pointless WUMs. Thirdly I'm going to be frank, you might think a few comments are a little harsh but today has just frustrated me!

1) It is a disgrace that Yaya Toure is unfit. He is slow to react to the ball, becomes a complete passenger for large periods of the game, and needs taking out of the team and his wages docked until he can keep up with the game for 90mins. How someone who's job it is to be a professional footballer can be as unfit as him is beyond me.

2) Kolarov is a squad player, end of. There is talk about him needing time to settle in, but the simple fact is that he hasn't got a tackle in him, whether he needs time to settle in or not.

3) Unfortunately we will struggle in any game where Richards and Kompany are missing. They are the only two dominant defenders we have. Lescott was ok for a while today, but the way he simply hoofs the ball away from danger confirms the fact that he is not a quality CB. Boateng is simply not a fullback.

4) The balance is clearly not yet right with Tevez and Dzeko playing together. We are at an important stage of the season and we can't afford to be fucking about and experimenting. Bobby should just forget Dzeko in the league till summer, because he's actually having a detrimental effect in matches.

A completely lacklustre performance, where the last 10 mins were spent hoofing the ball in the direction of Balotelli - hopeless. Anyway you could put it down to a simple bad day at the office, but it was disappointing to see us so clueless without David Silva (where was he?). Thought bringing on SWP to inject a bit of energy would have been a good idea aswell.

You may think it wasn't that bad, but the commentators have put me in an especially bad mood. Harping on about how our high wages mean the players are more than happy to put in mediocre performances, wheras players for teams like "United, Barca and Arsenal" do it for the love of the team. Commentators and pundits never have a good word to say about us, it's no wonder Summerbee lost it! It actually pisses me off.

Anyway let's hope it's a one off and we pick it up again against Villa.

Last edited by gratedbean on Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Fulham Game Empty Re: Fulham Game

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:25 pm

Anyway let's hope it's a one off and we pick it up again against Villa.

DOUBT IT! - Mancini will ruin this team IMO.

The guy has no bollocks for a fight. He's too interested in making sure we don't lose. That WILL not get us a 4th spot or win us a trophy.

Roll on summer and the changes AGAIN that will be rung.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Feb 27, 2011 5:34 pm

To be honest I can understand his cautious approach. If he doesn't secure top four he will be sacked. Plus there are still a few square pegs in the team who often fuck it up when they get the ball. I said on a previous thread, if I was David Silva I'd be a bit cautious if I knew Kolarov or Lescott would be mopping up any mistake I made. Over summer he will have time to build his ideal squad, and if we are still so cautious next season then we'll have to assess the situation, but for the time being I still think Bobby is the right man for the job.

That said, one or two consistant problems bother me:

1) Playing Yaya over Milner in a box to box role.

2) Making changes too late in the game, bring on SWP ffs!

3) Trying to force a relationship between Dzeko and Tevez.

Playing 3 forwards and 3 covering DMs is a big mistake aswell. There's no link between them. When David Silva isn't playing he should change the formation and stick wingers on, rather than having such a big gap between the midfield and the attack.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:11 pm

Fulham totally bossed the midfield today which to be quite frank is an utter disgrace.I actually think we've nicked a point because they were much the better side 2nd half and the best players on the pitch were Andy Johnson,Damien Duff and Danny Murphy,3 old farts who quite honestly gave our pathetic midfield a right going over.
It's not good enough to moan about missing players,it's now a squad game and mancinis job was to build a squad capable of competing.Well so far he's managed the dressing room poorly,his man management is shocking and at times is horrifically inept tactically,
To a man I'll bet everyone in the ground when vierra was stripped to come on,knew that taking yaya and kolorov off to be replaced by Milner and sweep was the way to go.
It wasn't rocket science and what that no mark arsehole platt adds I can't imagine
I'll carry on getting behind them as always but if the season isn't going to turn to shit then we must pass the ball quicker and play as if we want to win rather than stroll about the pitch
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:34 pm

We looked knackered today, agreed our formation was wrong today but lets not get carried away with where we are though... Euro, FA cup and still on course for the top 4. Mancini is without some of our best most influential players today and also with one eye on Wed. Silva, NDJ, Vinc Kompany and Michael Johnson in todays squad we would of won no doubt. Looks like VK and Silva will be back for Wed hopefully! IMO Mancini will come good but we are City.... did we expect it to be easy?
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:46 pm

There's 2 issues here. Firstly we were fucking dire today, the only players that seemed vaguely up for it were Zab and Lescott. Secondly we must assume that RM has one eye on Wednesday's game and that's why he picked the team he did. A lot of people said Hughes had no Plan B but where the fuck was Plan B today? Mancini only seems to make changes in the last 15 minutes yet the whole crowd knew we were going nowhere from the minute we walked out for the 2nd half. Balotelli MOTM Very Happy That was nearly a big a laugh as Brum scoring that winner.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:14 pm

I think the formation of three covering mids and three forwards simply doesn't work. You either need Silva in there linking the two, or you need wingers on. Without either there's no link and we get bossed in midfield.

If he has got one eye on Villa then you have to question his priorities, personally I think we should be nailing down a CL spot, any cup run is a bonus. Either way after that shit we best turn it around and do the business midweek.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:23 pm

He probably played with 3 strikers today thinking we'd be 3 up at HT and he could just close the game down - Wrong!!
Tevez and Balotelli doesn't work, 3 strikers doesn't work against better opposition - I know he's got to experiment and we've got away with it recently but he's got to get his tactics spot on against Villa and Wigan.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:48 pm

Really pissed off about that performance today. I thought the tiredness might catch up with 1 or 2 players but fuck me almost the whole team were dire. That's 2 points dropped & yet again we have handed the initiative back to our rivals. Should have played Milner & sweep from the start. No way should we have had Balo, Tevez & Dzeko up front

Fucking dreadful performance with no desire from most of the team which is fucking totally unacceptable
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:11 am

Bad performance indeed lads.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk