Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 16 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Top 5 in the world EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
Top 5 in the world EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Top 5 in the world EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Top 5 in the world EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Top 5 in the world EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Top 5 in the world EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Top 5 in the world EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Top 5 in the world EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Top 5 in the world EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Top 5 in the world EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Top 5 in the world

5 posters

Go down

Top 5 in the world Empty Top 5 in the world

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:11 pm

[ltr]http://www.thebusinessdesk.com/northwes ... elite.html[/ltr]

MANCHESTER City FC is closing-in on becoming one of the top five clubs in the world by revenues, according to key executive Tom Glick.

Tom Glick, the club's chief commercial and operating officer, told guests at a reception at the Etihad Stadium co-hosted with theProfileClub and main sponsor Etihad, that as a result of the continuing investment in the club and recent commercial success, Manchester would be "the epicentre of football worldwide" over the next 10 years.

He said his team had been "quietly going about out business" in winning new commercial deals, declaring: "Next year Manchester will have two of the top five clubs in terms of worldwide revenues, we're catching up with Bayern Munich (which according to the latest Deloitte Money League lies in fourth place behind Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United).

"We are very excited about the direction of the club," he said.

The US-born executive, who was lured from Derby County in 2011, outlined the major investments the club is making, such as the proposals to expand the stadium from 48,000 to more than 60,000, the new £150m academy facility and training base next to the stadium and the recent upgrades to facilities in the ground.

The challenge he said was to continue to be "Manchester's club and a community club", as well as to woo new fans and commercial partners internationally.

"We have to be affordable for our fans, and that is why we have invested heavily in all aspects of the matchday experience, from the concourse to the new and unique Chairman's Club, why we are working with new partners such as LG Electronics to upgrade the AV facilites in the ground and the big screens in the stadium.

"We are forunate to have amazing owners who challenge us all the time, and to have a visionary chief executive, who pushes us to think big."

He said the club's international status was ever-increasing: "Over the summer we played nine games in four continents and we were astounded by the number of fans and interest in our club."

The launch of the new Major League Soccer club in partnership with the New York Yankees, to be called New York City, was another important strand in the international mix, Mr Glick said.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Top 5 in the world Empty Re: Top 5 in the world

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:38 pm

Comment originally back in August. I would be seriously amazed if we overhaul both Arsenal and Chelsea in the next set of revenue figures. We have got the extra £30M a season from the TV deal which will help us get closer to Bayern though. I can see us pulling in £340-£350M.

Just some musings:

City have announced another two commercial deals this week (188bet and BT) which will push our revenues even higher.

For the 2011, our income was about 170M Euros and we sat 12th in the table just below Spurs by 10.5M Euros.

For 2012, our income rocketed up to 285M Euros leaving us in 7th spot, just behind Arsenal by 5M Euros. Spurs had slipped a couple of places and their revenue had dropped by a couple of million (probably due to no Champs League footy).

The next set of numbers will be very interesting as 3 of the 6 clubs above us are English and all of them have new commercial deals (especially Arsenal's new shirt sponsorship and kit deal and Utd.'s myriad of kit/training kit/training ground etc. deals) so it may be tough catching them and the two Spanish clubs and Bayern are far ahead of us. The new tv deal will bring us about £30M, but I think it is how far we can leap from that 285M Euros which will help us find our position in the money league.

In one year we cut the deficit to Utd. by 95M Euros (though they aren't our yardstick). I can't see that happening again but, if we can seriously eat into the 'advantage' that the 6 clubs above us have, we should be even more serious players in terms of the ability to buy players and comply with FFP (if that ever starts to be enforced).
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:04 pm

Glick said we're catching Bayern up 
That would be a serious leap
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 16, 2013 1:49 pm

Bloody hell! Shocked 

We've come an awfully long way in five years.  Those figures being bandied about are nothing short of incredible.  I mean, I knew we'd get financially stronger, but this sort of increase is the stuff of dreams.  To think we're not far shy of being in the top five revenue earners and are closing in on a team of Bayern's standing is astonishing.

But yeah, we're ruining football, we'll never be self-sustaining and the Arab will get bored and leave us with nothing...  Just thinking about those phrases now, you can almost hear how hollow they are!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:50 pm

Just trying to work a few things out.

We are 90M Euros behind Bayern. If those 2013 numbers included their CL triumph (and our failure) then that gives us room for improvement.

Our TV deal is worth £30M and getting out of the group stages is worth maybe £20M to us. Ignoring all other small deals, and general increases for both clubs, that gets us within 30M Euros of the current CL winners.

The stadium expansion should be worth upwards of 10M Euros so we will be there or there abouts in 3 or 4 years time. Catching the two Spanish clubs, and even Utd., is probably beyond us for a very long time indeed.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:50 pm

I echo Leo's thoughts...those figures are amazing.

I spoke to one or two away fans outside the stadium the other week....and they said The Etihad is by far their favourite away stadium and they go to all away games.

They said the atmosphere created and the way it is set-up for fans, they've never seen before, anywhere they reckon.

When the Shiekh came in, he said he had a 10 yr plan.....well 5 yrs in and it's looking bloody brilliant.......the next 5 with the academy, ground extension......should be incredible.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:35 pm

Topdawg wrote:Catching the two Spanish clubs, and even Utd., is probably beyond us for a very long time indeed.
Oh, without a shadow of doubt it is.  We'd have to have a sizeable slice of sustained domestic and European success before we'd even get remotely close to their revenue streams, and even then it's dependent on tapping markets and switched allegiances.  But that's not really important and I don't believe it's even in the medium term agenda.  I'd say the remit now is to be sustainable, competitive and have some degree of success.  If we can achieve those, then we're in a strong position to go after the biggest clubs financially.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:58 pm

leopold wrote:
  I'd say the remit now is to be sustainable, competitive and have some degree of success.  If we can achieve those, then we're in a strong position to go after the biggest clubs financially.
Those 2 sentences just about sum it leo.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 17, 2013 9:45 am

Utd are forecasting revenue of over 500M Euros for 2013. They've had some major new deals recently (kit, training kit etc.).

If we an catch Bayern that'd be cool. 4 English teams in the top 6. All we have to do now is have some success in Europe and that'll help attract other top quality players that we wouldn't have to pay the earth for in wages.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down