Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 21 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 21 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Decent League Comparisons EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Decent League Comparisons EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Decent League Comparisons EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Decent League Comparisons EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Decent League Comparisons EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Decent League Comparisons EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Decent League Comparisons EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Decent League Comparisons EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Decent League Comparisons EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Decent League Comparisons EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Decent League Comparisons

4 posters

Go down

Decent League Comparisons Empty Decent League Comparisons

Post by blueboy Thu Dec 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Top 6 Head to Head Analysis

Game Week 14

The table below shows points after 14 games last season in bold compared to this season in brackets, and then difference.

Arsenal...21 (34) +13
Liverpool..16 (27) +11
Chelsea...26 (30) +4
Spurs....23 (24) +1
City.....32 (28) -4
United...33 (22) -11

This table speaks for itself. Liverpool & Arsenal have made much better starts, Spurs Chelsea & City have done ok BUT United's has been a disaster in comparison.

But of course the difficulties of fixtures plays a part, I hear you cry!

Equivalent Fixtures to last season United

We are now more than 1/3 through the season. Many teams will have played a lot of the tougher fixtures

This tables compares results in equivalent fixtures from last season: (12/13 points in bold, this season in brackets then the difference also in bold).

Spurs.......21 (24).....+3
Man City…25 (28)...+3
Liverpool….26 (27)…+1
City........15 (16)....+1
Chelsea... 30 (30)....+/-0
Arsenal....37 (34)....-3
United..... 32 (22)......-10

Things to note SO Arsenal are top right now but they dropped just 5 points from the same fixtures last season, so actually have not matched last seasons results.

Spurs & City have slightly bettered last seasons results while Liverpool are 1 point better off in comparison.

Chelsea have matched last season but United are way off the impressive pace they set last season, a massive 10 points worse off.

Projected Table

If each team went on to match last seasons results for the remainder of the season the table would end like this….

Man City 81
Man United 79
Chelsea 75
Tottenham 75
Arsenal 70
Liverpool 62

Of course everyone wants to better results but what is interesting in this is that for the first time United are off the top….this is important because their form last season was very impressive from start to end.

In the next 24 games there is 72 points to play for. Last season United took 57 of these points (2.4 points a game.) They will have to show that same kind of amazing form just to reach the 79 point level. Any slight drop off and they will be mid to low 70s which put them right in the middle of a dog fight for top 4, probably with Spurs, Liverpool and Everton.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Decent League Comparisons Empty Re: Decent League Comparisons

Post by leopold Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:38 am

I'm not entirely sure how your points match up in the equivalent fixtures.  We've played Cardiff and Hull already, neither of whom were in the top flight last year, so how is that represented here?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:33 pm

I suppose the only way to replicate that is to go with the result of relegated teams. in which case 6 pts from Reading 4 pts from QPR and 6 pts from Wigan.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:52 pm

I guess that's what they may have done...it wasn't my thread, I just posted it.Crying or Very sad
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:13 pm

In that case, I won't beat you up about the numbers.

Statistically, based on current performance, we won't win the league.  But we all know how changes in form can throw up unexpected results which could change the complexion of the season completely.  We just don't know what's coming up.  All we do know is, we need to curb this wobbly away form.

Which brings me to a completely annoying thing.  Our away form isn't great, granted, with only winning 2 games.  But the rags have only won 3 out of 7 away and nobody is grilling them on their away performance.  And their home performance is EXACTLY THE SAME as that on their travels and nobody is daring to suggest their home form is killing them.  Is it our 100% winning league performance at home to blame?  Or is nobody looking at the fact we've played three cup games on the road and won all of them?

Anyway, rant over.  Let's hope we beat Southampton, that would even up the win to no-win ratio and maybe shut the pundits up for a bit.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:53 pm

leopold wrote:
Which brings me to a completely annoying thing.  Our away form isn't great, granted, with only winning 2 games.  But the rags have only won 3 out of 7 away and nobody is grilling them on their away performance.  And their home performance is EXACTLY THE SAME as that on their travels and nobody is daring to suggest their home form is killing them.  
Coz no-one gives a shit about the stumbling Rags anymore leo Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

Well, they flippin' should, mate!  After all, they made a big enough fuss of them winning the league last season and couldn't wait to change the titles on MoTD.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down