Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyYesterday at 9:59 pm by Topdawg

» 23/24 Prediction League
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Does anyone actually enjoy football EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Does anyone actually enjoy football

+3
Yaya_Nono
emjaydee
lee1pen
7 posters

Go down

Does anyone actually enjoy football Empty Does anyone actually enjoy football

Post by lee1pen Sat May 28, 2011 9:29 pm

As 606 is nearing the end of its sell by date I just thought I would ask the question.

I know I love it when City win, I know I'm pleased when teams near city lose.

But what about the actual game of football? Is it only enjoyable if you have a team to support or can anyone actually sit through a match and say, regardless of whose playing, how it affectes "their" team etc that was a cracking game of football.

Im not actually convinced they can with proffesional football. I'm not sure ingrained rivalries and self interest can be sidelined, blue or red goggles or even green and yellow ones can be taken off when the whistle blows. I mean I've applauded teams off at maine road over the past god knows how many years and enjoyed the football as well but I'm not sure I could ever watch a match nowadays and be taken away to a place were the football replaces the tribal atmosphere.

Shame really.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually enjoy football Empty Re: Does anyone actually enjoy football

Post by emjaydee Sat May 28, 2011 9:58 pm

There aren't many matches I can watch as a 'neutral' as there's always a reason I prefer one of the teams playing to win.

However I can enjoy some matches as a neutral, such as last years Championship play-off final whch Blackpool won. Cracking game.

A lot of the lower league matches can be entertaining, League 1/2 even BSP, as I dont have much bias with teams at that level.

Unfortunately, most of the overseas and/or UEFA games in which I have no favourite tend to be drab affairs! Porto V Braga last week springs to mind.
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Does anyone actually enjoy football Empty Re: Does anyone actually enjoy football

Post by Yaya_Nono Sat May 28, 2011 11:49 pm

For me at least the internet and television has spoiled things a bit. Take today as an example... We had Stevenage v. Torquay in the League 2 Play-Off Final.

Not that long ago I would've been glued to the screen for this but with all the live streamings available on the net nowadays and with Barca-Utd. tonight as well I didn't really focus on it and really there's too much football available to us in this day and age too.

It could be that we are also emotionally drained after the season City have had, especially the last few games.
Yaya_Nono
Yaya_Nono
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Sun May 29, 2011 10:41 am

Yaya's got it spot on there. With saturation coverage of football these days I rarely watch any game in which City haven't got an interest. The only time I really watch games as a neutral is during the World Cup or the Euros.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by AMillionDifferentPeople Sun May 29, 2011 11:56 am

Yeah spot on lads, it used to be a treat having a live game on the telly. I watch a lot of games now where i want both teams to lose, but i still enjoy a lot of games, just not as much as i used too.
AMillionDifferentPeople
AMillionDifferentPeople
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun May 29, 2011 12:47 pm

I hardly ever watch games on the telly as I go to the majority of city games and rarely watch other teams on the telly.
Last night however....
We were invited to a party last night by one of the wifes friends and all we knew was it was to be a " themed party"
Turned out the theme was "the day the double died" and the house was decked out in Barcelona gear and all the food/ drink was Spanish,it was quite a posh do with a champagne reception with Queens Barcelona continually played in the background.Ended up shitfaced,top night
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Sun May 29, 2011 1:04 pm

But do you all make excuses to favour a team. Take AV against Everton. I should be neutral, both teams can play attractive football BUT I find myself making excuses to support Villa because of Moyes and his digs at City.

Its a bit like looking at a photo of a mother and child, if its not your wife and child you say, awww thats nice but if its your own wife and child your immediately emmotionally involved.

Has that Emotion become a craving while watching soccer rather than just appreciating the beautiful game for what it is?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 29, 2011 1:08 pm

Yeah same here, I rarely watch non-city games. I'll watch united when they are losing! or any other game that the result is of importance to us. Not really a football mad peson but watch all city games... I prefer to play... I do appreciate a side like Barca though..

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue May 31, 2011 7:24 pm

I do enjoy a good game of football when the outcome is of no importance to City, such as the CC playoff final on Monday. Swansea, at three-nil up, almost got done by a massive comeback by Reading and was a pretty entertaining game. Unfortunately, it only seems to be the lower divisions that do this for me, most of the PL games are quite turgid affairs.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down