Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyToday at 8:12 am by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Pep’s at it again
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Lescott, changing my view.  EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Lescott, changing my view.

+5
Paulpowersleftfoot
emjaydee
TMG
shakencity
BoyWithTheArabsCash
9 posters

Go down

Lescott, changing my view.  Empty Lescott, changing my view.

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:57 am

Since our slightly embarrassing pursuit of Joleon Lescott when at Everton, since joining us, he has only showed in very brief spells the sort of player he was there.

However, there are contributing circumstances that he has been rarely injury free and often played out of position. However, i remained unconvinced that he was the sort of player that would command a regular place in our team and for ours and the players good, perhaps he would move on at the end of the season.

But recently, since gaining full fitness and getting a run in his proper position, he is beginning to look like the player we payed so much for and i am now thinking him and Vinnie K at CB, is a better option than Kolo, with Boateng as back up. He is looking composed on the ball, reads the game in the area very well, has good pace for a CB and doesn't panic and just hoof the ball forward. So it just shows, with a bit of perseverance, as Lescott has done, maybe there are one or two more need a run in the side to see if they can make it with us. Well done Joleon and keep it up.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Lescott, changing my view.  Empty Re: Lescott, changing my view.

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:21 am

You'll never convince me boy but that's just my opinion, if he's playing at CB (or anywhere come to that) then imo City are probably gonna struggle, especially against the decent teams. I've said what i think about Lescott on 606 many times and i don't think i'll ever change my mind.

If everyone else has took to him (and you fellas see him alot more than me), then ok, maybe i've got him wrong.
I honestly really hope he does prove to be a decent defender one day, but somehow i just can't see it.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:28 am

Fair do's shaken, like i said, i was probably thinking along the same lines as you, but he is beginning to change my view of him and looking like a decent CB again.

Whether, he reamains as first choice, or we go and buy someone else, who knows? But for now, i have more confidence in him, rather than Kolo.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:14 pm

I've been saying all season Lescott is quality, he just needs a run in the team. You don't go from outstanding at Everton to rubbish overnight. Persistent injuries knocked him back & being played out of position. CB is defintely his best position. For me he has been our the best player over the last 3 games
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

That's just it TMG, he wasn't "outstanding at Everton".

He only played at CB when Yobo or Jagielka got injured or suspended. My mate's a big Everton fan and he said Lescott wouldn't have even got a game if everyone was fit, as Baines was coming through at LB.
The fact that he scored 10 goals for Everton when Jagielka got injured really was a bonus for them (and ultimately him) and helped to put him in the spotlight.

City (as now) have never really had a problem scoring goals over the last few years and imo Lescott was brought in for the wrong reasons. 1st and foremost he should have been brought in for his defensive abilities and imo he wasn't. Even the Everton fans admitteded he was crap at defending but he was liked because he scored so many goals for them.

As i said earlier TMG (and i'm not out to ruffle anyones feathers with what i've said here) it's just my opinion, i honestly hope if he's given a decent chance he proves me wrong in the long-run.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by emjaydee Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:46 pm

He's also English, and with the current regulations home grown players in the squad are hugely important.

I agree with the above. A regular run out in the team has helped him become more consistent. He'll never be a ball playing centre half though, hence why I believe he wont be first choice under Mancini.
emjaydee
emjaydee
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:56 pm

Lescotts confidence is something that's really improved with games under his belt,but playing against the likes of emile heskey is one thing but how he handles the likes of Torres,carrol,Crouch etc in the coming weeks.
I'm not a fan of Kolo,he makes too many wrong decisions and Boatang hasn't filled me with confidence tbh.Perhaps,by using Kompany as a yardstick,we've been a tad unfair on the criticism of his partners as he's been oustanding for such a long time we expect excellence off those around him.
Thanks by the way should go to mr houllier for leaving out young and Downing.
Marvellous gesture
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:12 pm

Just posted this on most underrated player on the 606 board but I think some of it applies on nthis post as well.

Its easier to cut and paste than type the whole bloody lot out edited if you knbow what I mean ..well what I mean is am a lazy git as well as an old git.

Now he's settled down I thing Boateng is doing well, however he is one of many at the back who have become a fluid entity.
Due to the injuries we've had we have hardly had a settled back 4 all season ....or is it down to injuries?

Look at the back 4 (or whose played in the back 4) and you could say each and every one of them have improved on a game by game basis.

Richards, Boateng, Lescott, Koralov, Toure and Zab have all improved and all got a number of gamees under their belts. Boyata looks like one for the future as well and 5 of the six players have played in different positions over the last few months which is the fluidity I mentioned.

Note I havnt mentioned Vincent....he was never able to improve, how do you beat perfection?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:15 pm

Note I havnt mentioned Vincent....he was never able to improve, how do you beat perfection?

Lee again, many thanks for the lovely words Embarassed

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:52 pm

beat perfection

As an exception in your case Vince...with a very large stick very strongly Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Mar 03, 2011 7:01 pm

Lescott is OK IMO, just that though......OK.

He has played better in the past few games - granted. But look at who we have played - Villa (under-strength team), Fulham and Salonika.

He gets some great tackles in - but when he has the ball - he takes forever to get it onto his only foot (left), then 90% of the time he thumps it up the pitch to an opposition player - you never see Vinny doing that.

On the other hand - Boatengs passing isn't great, but i think he has more potential than Lescott and will be a better CB in time.

But to be fair - Lescott hasn't let us down so far.

I think the RB position is Micah's.

What still worries me is the LB position. Kolorov is OK going forward, gets the odd clearance away at vital times - but ANY decent right winger will take him to the cleaners every single time, as his defensive positioning is awful.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:30 pm

Joleon has improved, I agree. However, I'd still place the other centre-backs above him.

I never understood the obssession to sign him. I've always thought him no more than workman-like, but he's got a big heart and gives everything. For Mancini, I don't think that's ever going to be enough. But if he keeps up his current rate of improvement, who knows...

Remember when, playing for Wolves I think, Joleon carted Benarbia over the touchline and got sent off. Thems were the days...

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:11 am

In the past few weeks he has improved, but only from poor, to average. He will do a job, but he is not the kind of player that we need to be in our starting eleven, and never will be.

Time after time he balloons the ball in the air after winning it. Then you look at Vinny who can start a move from the back with a clever pass, that's the kind of CB the top teams have.

Sorry but he is an average player at best, no more, no less. Everton saw us coming with the 22m price tag and the suggestion that he can play LB!
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down