Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring?

4 posters

Go down

Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? Empty Re: Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring?

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 02, 2014 3:55 pm

I think he's too hit and miss for me but we need to pep things up a bit.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring? Empty Re: Benzema...£38.8m - should we be throwing our hat in the ring?

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:04 pm

Dzeko or Benzema? 

I'd take Benzema every day of the week.

There won't be times where you get the chance to sign a top class striker...Falcao gone to the rags, but apart from him and Cavanni, who else is out there?

When these types of players come on the market, we should be in for them...especially as we've lost Negredo, Jovetic we still don't know whether he's a crock and Dzeko does everything in his own way....inconsistent.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:08 pm

Is this the same Benzema that the rags have been buying for the last five years?  If he wasn't going there, I can't see him agreeing to go to the dippers instead...

If we've got forty mill kicking about, and some say we do, then we probably should.  And he can't be as hit and miss as Dzeko.  Just as long as he's not quite so hit and miss as Corradi (as in "hit the ball and miss the target!) Surprised
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:15 pm

Agree, if we've got £40m in the bank, he'd be a good addition at 26 to add to Aguero and Jovetic who are slightly different to Dzeko.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:17 pm

It would be next summer anyway.  Lots can happen before then.  Guidetti may score 40 goals for celtic and be worthy of a squad place. 
Other teams get rid of really good players when they are still good.  Di maria was MOTM in the CL final and he was sent packing. The season before it was Ozil.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:22 pm

40 goals?  Razz

I think if we could have sold him in the summer, we would have. I think his time has been and gone...no City manager seems to rate him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Well, you never know.  Pozo might make the breakthrough and they might let Ambrose move up too. I agree about selling Guidetti. If this was after his season in Holland we would have got good money.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:34 pm

Would love nothing more than seeing the likes of Huwala, Pozo and Ambrose, even Fofana get on the bench throughout the season....and maybe, even Angelino at LB!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:55 pm

I would let one of our LBs go and use Angelino as the number 2 so long as he gets enough time with the 1st team this season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:39 pm

Definitely not for me fellas....far too hit and miss for someone costing the same as what Sergio did.

Now if was around £20-25m max, now that may be a gamble worth taking.

Let the Dippers have him I say.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:09 pm

shakencity wrote:Definitely not for me fellas....far too hit and miss for someone costing the same as what Sergio did.

Now if was around £20-25m max, now that may be a gamble worth taking.

Let the Dippers have him I say.

For once, I think you're wrong Shaken. I actually think Benzema works really hard for the team and is a far better poacher of goals than Dzeko will EVER be.

£38 for Sergio was a few years ago and was top dollar at the time.

I don't think £38m in today's market is a lot for a top striker when Cavanni (who for me is a mixture of Balotelli and Dzeko) is going for £55m and Falcao is turning out to cost United £60m plus another £140m in wages....

Luke 'fucking' Shaw cost £31m...and he's a LB!!

For someone of his calibre who costs £38m.......when Suarez, who had 2 good seasons cost twice as much, is a bargain and a gamble worth taking.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Oct 03, 2014 7:52 am

Opinions blue....but to me £39m is still a lot for a player.

It'll all be irrelevant anyway, as no doubt MP won't even be contemplating him to start with.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:25 am

£40M is a lot for him, but that's where the prices suddenly are. Would you rather have Benzema up front or Dzeko?

I don't think Di Maria is worth £60M, but that's the price the mugs had to pay to try and stay with the top clubs.

If we want top players, we'll have to pay big bucks. If we want to compete with Bayern, Barca and Madrid, we have very little choice.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down