Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on

+4
shakencity
BoyWithTheArabsCash
lee1pen
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on Empty Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 am

Both Argentina and Udinese want this over as soon as possible. Apparently, if he is injured on international duty the Argentinian FA have to cough up £35M as he won't be insured.

That bastion of the truth, The Mirror, reports that Sanchez refused to fly to Manchester to sort out the deal with City. City would be Udinese's first choice as we are offering hard cash whereas Barca are offering cash and players who don't want to go to Udinese.

Who the fuck knows how this will eventually play out but I couldn't be doing with another sulky pisspants like Tevez regardless of how good they are.

Even if we bag Sanchez, and he plays his heart out for us bagging tons of goals, we all know he'd rather be elsewhere and would jump ship given the chance.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on Empty Re: Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on

Post by lee1pen Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:59 am

Topdawg, could the problem be manchester. Not united or city but the actual place. I mean we all love it, its ours and all that but I've been trying to think who United have signed that can be regarded as a big name player outside of northern Europe.They have tended to take younger players wanting to make a name for themselves like Ronaldo etc rather than established south american, southern european players. The exception of course being Tevez and his views of manchester were rather forcably put on Argentinian telly.Players like schmeikel, Van Nistlewhatever, are all used to a drop of rain or 2.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on Empty Re: Sanchez saga rolls on and fucking on

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 am

I agree it needs to be sorted, but what the fuck are the Argentian FA getting involved for, when the player is from Chile? Embarassed
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:08 am

Sorry, Chilean FA.

I was thinking along similar lines Lee.

Why are players going to Italy rather than coming to England (outside of London)?

I can understand the lure of Spain as most of them speak the same lingo and the weather is a shade better than Manchester.

Sad to say, all we can offer is cash and lots of it.

I can see some sense in Liverpool's approach in buying what they think will soon be the best of English talent and couple that with some (relatively) unknowns or possibilities that no-one else has really gone for like Suarez.

Surely Sheikh Mansoor can pay for the sun to come out in Manchester and open a few classy restaurants. If that's all they are asking for, he can at least stump up for a few restaurants!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:14 am

Topdawg, Manchester is a wonderful city with many diverse and decent restaurants, but if you was given the chance to play for the best team on the planet, in a beautiful city, with people that speak your language, i'm sure most of us would jump at it.

As it is, he hasn't come out and said he won't come here, or we would have pulled the plug on any negotiations, its just presumed the lure of Barcelona would be greater to him, so they are trying to get him on the cheap.

Anyway, Barcelona hasn't got an Arndale Centre and i think this will be the deciding factor in where he goes.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:16 am

Topdawg, the birdinhand and local chippie was good enough for Bobby johnstone it should be good enough for these stars, ffs we didnt even have chinese chippies in those days.....what more could they ask for than a peking banquet in fallowfield.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:27 am

"Sanchez does not want to move to Eastlands and, although he was cleared to visit City for talks, he refused to board a flight".

That's good enough for me.........he can fuck right off.

Barca are no doubt the biggest team in world football at the minute, so i suppose you can't blame Sanchez for holding for a move there. The thing that disappoints me about this is, there was no harm in talking to City in the meantime. He could have gone away afterward "to think things over" (stalling for time), and still ended up going to Barca if they've have come up trumps for him.
But no, he flatly refused to come and have talks......so let's move on.

Sorry lee, i personally don't buy the Manchester thing. If these players really wanted to ply their trade in England, imo they'd go anywhere (well almost).
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:37 am

Den, your not seriously believing anything the Mirror prints are you? Its the biggest anti City paper going.

Seeing as Udinese have said this is bollocks, i tend to believe them rather than some biased hack with an agenda against us.

If he really had said that he won't consider us, do you think that we would continue trying to get him, or move on to other potential targets?
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am

Well, with the rumour mill going in to overdrive, it looks like we are finally walking away from this one.

Which if correct, is excellant work on our behalf, showing that we are no longer going to be held to ransom and pay stupidly over the odds for players.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:59 am

Every word Daz.lol

I actually said "i still think he'll come to City" yesterday. I just don't know now mate. If he really wants to go to Barca that much, then let him and let's move on to someone else.
God, after all this hoo har, he'd better be good if he does come though.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:04 am

Looks like we are walking away Den, to be honest, besides the youtube clips, i've not seen him play, but seeing as every man and his dog were after him, i take it he's rather good.

Mind you, Samaras and Jo looked fucking mint on Youtube clips. Shocked
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:32 pm

I thought Manchester was pretty Cosmopolitain thesedays?
Great architecture, easy reach of the Peak District, which is fucking gorgeous in the summer, and in winter the snow makes it picture postcard lovely!

Tevez needs to get his head out of his arse and get exploring the City and the surrounding counties more, lazy twatt!
If he doesn't want to come (SAnchez) other than building a Suidi style snowdome but use it instead for some nice tropical weather and surfing, I don't think there's much we can do to change his mind.
Maybe the renovation of the Easlands are can squeeze in said surfdome, a few Chilean/Argentinean restaurants and bars, the odd Tango/Salsa club.....?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:57 pm

If he really wants to go to Barca that much, we should walk away.

But like I always say, make those fuckers pay through the nose for him. We cannot allow such talent to go to competitors on the cheap.

I reckon they are getting him for about £7-£10M cheaper than they should. If they can get Fabregas for £35M instead of £45M then they will be laughing all day long.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:26 pm

city or Barca, not hard is it lads.

City arn't going to attract the best players in world just yet IMO, you need to be astablished as one of the best teams in europe first, not just the richest.

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:55 pm

ONH Which world class players outside of the Northern European block have united signed, not the ones they developed? Unfortunately manchester doiesnt have the same pull as London.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Boris Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:59 pm

Language, culture and image have a lot to do with it. Spanish, Portugese and Italian speakers can usually undertstand each other but players from poorer backgrounds can rarely speak English.

A lot of these players just like Latin culture, other players like Zabaleta embrace British culture and make the most of what's going on.

Image. A lot of players sign for London clubs thinking they'll be living out scenes from Notting Hill only to find they have to live out in the Home Counties for their own safety. Unfortunately some players think they might end up living on the Chatswort Estate if they join a Manchester club.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by ONH Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:04 pm

London will always attract the "stars", United tend to buy young players who just want to play football for United.

Big names like all the trappings, but WHO would'nt want to play for Barca?

ONH
Banned
Banned

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:18 pm

ONH...they asked me a few years ago but I staunchly turned them down and continued to play for St Marks .... part of that story is possibly true.....possibly
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:17 pm

I don't imagine any club would beat Barca to a signature at the moment.By quite some distance they are the best club in Europe so if the choice was AC Milan or utd against Barca then Barca will get the player 99% of the time at the moment.But I think it's important to keep alongside them if only to push the transfer fees as high as possible so the Barca transfer kitty is stretched as much as possible.
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down