Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» Have it - Four in a row
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyToday at 4:44 am by titbumwilly

» 23/24 Prediction League
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyYesterday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Pellegrini and his tactics EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Pellegrini and his tactics

2 posters

Go down

Pellegrini and his tactics Empty Pellegrini and his tactics

Post by blueboy Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:06 am

Just watching the Sunday Supplement with 3 excellent journalists on this morning:

Patrick Barclay, Oliver Kay and Martin Samuel.

They were discussing LVG and why United aren't playing well, especially as LVG is known for his attacking teams.

They were saying that when he was developing the excellent young players at Ajax, Terry Venables used to always watch Ajax and what LVG was doing with his tactics and how he got the best formations to attack and score goals.

Interestingly, Barclay and Samuel said that his philosophy was always simple and he said:

"I try to get away with the least amount of defensive players on the pitch that I can"..."use the least amount of ball rotations to get into scoring positions"

He's adopted this at all the clubs he's been at and generally, been very successful at it. For some reason it's not working at United.

They then went on to say how Rogers has pretty much changed his approach over the past 4 months to adopt a similar philosophy - with him using a 3-4-3.

Straight away I thought of MP. It's almost as if he has the complete opposite philosophy...."try to get as many defensive players on the pitch at any one time"

His constant persistence of having our usual 4 defenders and 2 CDMF's.....so basically, that's 6 defensive players against 3 of Liverpool's or Ajax, or Barca etc.

And we actually wonder why our football is slow, lethargic and easy to defend and press high against....and we seem to take 100 passes to get into a scoring position.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Pellegrini and his tactics Empty Re: Pellegrini and his tactics

Post by leopold Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:54 am

Thing is, I don't get why it's not working at United, because they've always had an attacking philosophy.

Also, I don't think any of us wonder why we're so ponderous.  I think we're all more baffled by why we play like that when we've got so much attacking potential and a manager whose first six months saw us notch up over 50 goals and put most teams to the sword.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down