Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What a disgrace.............. EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
What a disgrace.............. EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What a disgrace.............. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What a disgrace.............. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What a disgrace.............. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What a disgrace.............. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What a disgrace.............. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What a disgrace.............. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What a disgrace.............. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What a disgrace.............. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What a disgrace..............

3 posters

Go down

What a disgrace.............. Empty What a disgrace..............

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:53 am

Paul Ince says son Tom would love to play for England in the future and insists the decision to make himself unavailable for the Under 21s was taken for the good of his career.

In an exclusive interview with Sportsmail, the former England captain – who has 53 caps – has hit back at claims Tom ‘snubbed’ his country and that his international career is in ruins.
Gareth Southgate revealed on Thursday that the Hull winger – currently on loan at Derby – had told him he did not want to be considered for this summer’s European Championships.

The Three Lions boss said he was ‘surprised and disappointed’ following conversations with the 23-year-old and his father, his former England team-mate.
But Ince Snr says his son needs a period of rest if he is to get his career in the Premier League back on track – and that is their prime focus heading into next season.

‘Tom has played 18 times for the Under 21s and really enjoyed it and found it beneficial – so this is not a snub, that’s rubbish,’ said Ince, who was England’ s first black skipper.
‘He is 23 years of age and has already played in the Euros in Israel. He has experienced that, which was great. ‘If he was 20 years old we would not be having this conversation, he would be going to the Euros, no doubt about it.
‘But the last year or so from a club point of view has been difficult for him. He’s been all over the place. He went to Hull last summer and has then been on loan at Forest and Derby, where he’s doing well now.
‘We forget that he had three years at Blackpool pretty much playing by himself at a young age, and that had an effect.
‘He needs to get a good rest and make sure he is ready to go next season. He needs to start finding some stability. He needs to get himself in a position to play regular football in the Premier League.’

The aim, then, is to make an impact at the KC Stadium next season before bidding for a senior call-up with England.
‘Listen, Tom has not snubbed his country. It is the pinnacle of a player’s career to represent your country,’ Ince added. ‘I was captain and am immensely proud of my 53 caps.
‘Gareth Southgate said we should be aware of the repercussions. I don’t agree. If Tom is playing regularly next year for Hull and scoring goals like he is for Derby, then he would love to get an England call-up.
‘And if he is doing that I see no reason why Roy Hodgson shouldn’t call him up. He’s got a good young squad and Tom would love to be part of it in the future.
‘But first of all he needs to get his club career in order. We have looked at the bigger picture. He needs a steady period and he needs to hit the ground running next season.

‘If he makes his mark at Hull next year then hopefully we’ll see the benefit of this decision.
‘So there is no way I’m saying to Tom, “Don’t play for England”. As a father I would love my son to do what I did and play for his country.
‘There are other kids coming through who are 20 and 21 and they will be at the tournament - Tom is 23.
‘And don’t forget he could also be in the play-offs with Derby, as he was with Blackpool. There would be no time for rest.
‘We have to be careful and think about the future.’

Then, we have Harry Kane. Just been called up to the senior squad and states..."It's an absolute honour to play for England at any level. To get a senior call up is fantastic....but if the U21's want me to go to the tournament in the summer, I'd jump at the chance to play for my country again"

How refreshing Harry.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What a disgrace.............. Empty Re: What a disgrace..............

Post by leopold Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:23 am

I must confess, I don't understand how a 23 year old can play for the U21 side. But I also don't get why not playing for the national side, at any level, is somehow beneficial for his career. Okay, so he's been shipped around a bit, but that should be irrelevant. I suspect Paul has had more of a day in this and I reckon he wants his lad to be in the senior squad and not with the kids. Not only selfish, but foolhardy, as Southgate had alluded to.

Harry's attitude is much more refreshing. I'm looking forward to seeing how he does for his country.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Mar 21, 2015 9:29 am

I agree...it should always be 21 and under, however, it's not like he's playing in the PL, CL long runs in cup competitions...and when your country comes calling - he needs a rest to concentrate on the PL? 

Sorry Paul, Derby are in 5th and not sure of a play off place FFS. Your lads not really made it at the top level yet, so I wouldn't be worried about the senior squad. Chances are, this would have been his last opportunity to play for his country - as he isn't that great to be certain of a future England call up.

Ridiculous.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:12 am

Fuck him off.....end of.

Cheeky git, he ain't even that good....look where he's playing afterall.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:56 am

Paul Ince has pretty much single handedly killed his kids career anyway.   Just let the kid play football you rag tw@t, he will be down in the 1st and 2nd Div soon enough at this rate.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down