Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Thursday Gossip EmptyToday at 3:48 am by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Thursday Gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Thursday Gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Thursday Gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Thursday Gossip

+5
Bewar3them00n
BoyWithTheArabsCash
shakencity
Topdawg
lee1pen
9 posters

Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Thursday Gossip

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:11 am

The story linking Samuel Eto'o to City is one that, a bit like phone hacking, just won't go away for the media.
It's back on the agenda again today, for some at least, with the Mail saying the striker has pleaded with "Inter chiefs" about our alleged interest in him after a "falling-out with coach Gian Piero Gasperini.

"City coach Roberto Mancini is a big admirer of Eto’o, 30, but the Cameroon star has a track record of stringing City along and they are wary of being used again."

You can read the story about when we ended interest in Samuel two years ago by clicking here.

Over at the Mirror there's talk that City are looking to swap Carlos Tevez with an Inter player, and no, it's not Eto'o - or even a striker. According to Martin Lipton its right-back Maicon, a name that has cropped up on the radar in previous transfer windows.

"City have been linked with a swap deal that could see Samuel Eto’o moving from the San Siro and fellow striker Tevez leaving the Etihad Stadium after two years.

"But it emerged last night that Inter president Massimo Moratti is ready to put the rampaging Maicon on the table instead." Whether Maicon will literally be put on a table remains to be seen...

Looking closer to home, and at players who are most definitely Manchester City players, the Vital Nottingham Forest site claims that Steve McClaren is looking at taking two of our younger stars on loan.

"Forest are 'plotting' a 'double loan swoop' on Man City according to reports in The Evening Post today. John Guidetti and Gai Assulin are said to be the youngsters in question."
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Thursday Gossip Empty Re: Thursday Gossip

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:21 am

certainly don't want eto'o or maicon.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:36 am

I think Eto'o would be the better of the pair, certainly better than Ade Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:55 am

Micah and Zab have the RB spot covered imo, so Maicon isn't needed. Eto'o i can see being another sulky twat when he doesn't start every game (which he wouldn't), not for me.

City have to make sure the Tevez deal is ultimately good for the club 1st and foremost, not for Tevez himself or Inter Milan.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:02 am

I think Mancini has been back to his old club for who he wants, not sure that any of the ones left are a priority. He got Balo and Vieira...and Vieira has been key in my book.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by BoyWithTheArabsCash Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:27 am

Personally i think its all bollocks. If Tevez is going, it will be for the money to balance up the books. Why would we want to bring in a 30 year old on huge wages with no sell on value for a position that we are already covered for? It just doesn't make any sense and doesn't fit in with our recent transfer policy.
BoyWithTheArabsCash
BoyWithTheArabsCash
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:51 am

we buy youngsters who have made it (aguero) and youngsters with potential (savic, Balo, AJ). we don't need a 30yo for megabucks that we can't sell on.

That's why I suggested Mata - looks quality and only 22yo without breaking the bank (under £20M)
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:38 am

If Sneijder is being touted as a possible Utd signing, why isn't he in the frame for a swap with Tevez? for me this is the only position we really need to bolster. Is it just me, or does anyone else see this as glaringly obvious, seeing as Utd are apparentrly unwilling to match wage demands
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:22 pm

Agree with Bewarethemoon... Sneijder is the only one we should be considering in a swap deal with Tevez.

Sneijder + £10 million would be fair enough. Would be good for both sides & it would massively piss off the rags to boot
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:58 pm

Ditto. I've been suggesting we pitch in for Sneijder for weeks now, especially since the raggies have been so desperate to get him. Now it seems they can't land him and he wants to come to the PL, so let's just make it happen!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:10 pm

Don't think Sneidjer wants to come though.............NDJ needs to have another word me thinks.

Although i hope he shapes a bit better than he did last weekend if he did come Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:26 pm

Yeah Shaken he didn't look particularly good did he. I'm quite happy with who we have right now - although if Nasri came I'd be doubly happy.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:33 pm

There was a little bit in his interview when asked if he was moving and he didnt rule it out, he did however give a small shake of the head when United were mentioned.

Anyway everyone knows that Fergie has his heart set on Joey.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:38 pm

Lee, why do you think Newcastle didn't offer Barton a new contract. He was their standout player last season along with Nolan - and he's gone too? What's up with that?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:48 pm

I think there are a couple of reasons Wensdi mainly money related.

Ashley is slowly pulling apart the squad because they are getting more publicity than himself. He seems to do this on a regular basis, but the main reason I feel is money.

Pardew has been given very little of the money so I look at it as though he's trying to use it to pay off any debt before selling the club, a player asset strip if you like.

Then theres the other money reason behind the scenes. Most of these players are on contracts, quite good ones, but they will have bonus linked targets as well. newcastle under Haughton was doing well, 6th or 5th I think at one stage. Now how better to drop down the league that sell your No 1 striker and then sell off the midfield in the summer. Bonus money not paid, still in the prem and still an attractive buy considering the crowds.

Barton then looks at it and thinks hang on are the club serious about winning or making money and for all Joey's faults he never ever gives in. Hence the tweets.

Its a bit like employing master builders to do your home and offering basic pay but a large bonus if they finish ahead of shedule, then sacking half of the top class builders and replacing with YTS kids.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:55 pm

selling him on a free as well?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:58 pm

No wonder the fans hate the guy. Chris Hughton did a great job up there - I felt sorry for the guy when he was treated so shabbily. Nothing against Pardew - but he's obviously been taken for a fool.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:00 pm

Gets rid of the whole of the midfield and tries to make damn sure he goes.

It proves Ashley is a vindictive so and so..... and considering the abuse he got when they were relegated do you really think he's forgiven the newcastle fans?
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:13 pm

What a creep. The fans will lynch him if they go down again!!
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:22 pm

They are fast becoming a good outside bet to go down, Strange that he chose a manager whose failed with 2 London clubs, Wise as well a failed manager, its as if he doesnt want them to succeed.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:28 pm

He must have a death wish Lee. Why doesn't he realise he could get out of debt and be more likely to sell the club if they were successful and made money? Get great gates up there. Those fans are dedicated!! Wonder if the fans have figured it out yet?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Some probably have, I mean a couple of years ago they were calling it the London Mafia then all was forgiven when he got them promoted.

Now it seems to be back to stage 1.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:43 pm

Milan seem to consider us a dumping ground,we do not need either Et0'0 or Maicon we have plenty of cover in both departments.Also after last weekend I am not sure that Schneijder is up to our standard!
To change the subject,does anyone know if Ronaldo was substituted for his backheel in the friendly win?You are winning 6-1 and come up with a trick like that,yet it is not disrespectful??

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:09 pm

I don't want Eto'o. He used us to cynically engineer a pay raise from Milan and had no intention of joining. So he says he wants to join us now. Hunting for glory, Sammy? Or just after more money?

Not interested.

Let's go for Mata and leave Milan to keep forking out for their dross.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down