Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
EU....IN OR OUT? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

EU....IN OR OUT?

+5
Moonchester
TMG
shakencity
Topdawg
blueboy
9 posters

Go down

EU....IN OR OUT? Empty EU....IN OR OUT?

Post by blueboy Tue May 17, 2016 5:18 pm

I know it's like asking who did you vote for, but as a small business owner, it'd be good to gauge what people's thoughts are.

Not sure if this helps, nor does it point to my decision.... Embarassed

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

EU....IN OR OUT? Empty Re: EU....IN OR OUT?

Post by Topdawg Tue May 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Sometimes I feel it's better being in, sometimes it's better being out. I'm a bit wary of the unknown and would opt to stay.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue May 17, 2016 6:28 pm

Out
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Tue May 17, 2016 8:54 pm

The Govt & most of the media seem to be spending all their time & my money ( in the case of the govt) on persuading us to stay so I'm gonna be voting to leave
Well that's one reason anyway Surprised
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed May 18, 2016 7:06 am

I think there's so much bullshit from both sides. Can't trust anyone.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed May 18, 2016 7:45 am

so if you can't trust out government, why would you want to remove the only thing keeping them in check? (the EU)..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 18, 2016 8:17 am

Moonchester wrote:so if you can't trust out government, why would you want to remove the only thing keeping them in check? (the EU)..
I think the answer's in your answer there moon Wink
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed May 18, 2016 9:15 am

only in part.
Everything I see for the out campaign is basically saying our government are bent.

Yet, an out vote would give our government free-reign over everything.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Wed May 18, 2016 9:25 am

The question is, just how much are our Government having to listen and follow rules dished out by the EU?

Will things be run differently if we make our own decisions?

Who knows!!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed May 18, 2016 9:28 am

If that were the case why is the Govt throwing millions at staying in They'd be like let's get out & then we can have free reign Woo hoo cheers
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 18, 2016 11:23 am

Boris Bastard Johnson is reason you all need to vote to stay in !!  Imagine Boris and Donald Trump together as leaders of the free world, it will be the end of the world, let alone the EU.

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed May 18, 2016 5:18 pm

Trump will never become Prezzy and Boris has zero chance of being voted PM. Europeans hate us but immigrants are flooding across europe from eastern europe and the middle east to get here and the open border policy is insane. I'm Out!!
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed May 18, 2016 6:35 pm

I've got absolutely no idea.  Almost all of what I've heard so far has been "Don't vote for them because it's a bad idea."  I've not seen anything that suggests a positive on either side other than some vague numbers about how it'll cost more - whether we stay in or leave, it'll cost more.  I suppose I could spend more time on researching it, but what I've turned up so far is either biased or contrary posturing.

The biggest pile of bollocks I've heard from Brexit, though, is the immigration element.  I could be hopelessly wrong here, but I was under the impression that we had millions of Chinese, Black, Pakistani and Bangladeshi immigrants in this country long before we joined the EU and I fail to see how leaving will make a shred of difference.

I'll probably vote to stay in, but ultimately I don't think it'll make any difference.  We'll still have an old boy network of corrupt Etonians running the place and bleeding everyone bar their wealthy mates dry.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed May 18, 2016 7:04 pm

Thanks guys...you've really swung it for me - NOT!!!!!

I've got all the misgivings as you lot have. I really can't decide either way.

I've done quite a bit of research for both debates, hence, why I posted it on here.

Both sides argue a fair policy....however, both sides don't....if that makes sense? I've seen all sorts of propaganda from both sides, and my video wasn't to sway the debate, just that the OUT campaign seems to be doing more to sway the vote than the IN campaign.

As a small business that trades worldwide, a lot of it in Europe, I'm still yet to hear a definitive STAY argument for a small business owner, and I think this may be the downfall and why the general public will vote OUT.

I'm more pissed off that both sides haven't given us a real insight into the benefits and also the downside of each. I hear lot's of 'this is the benefit'....but be honest and tell us what will be the short-term downside if we were to vote OUT.

Personally, our Government and all Parties, could easily have made a case for this ONE BIG ISSUE, which for me, will swing the vote to OUT:

Immigration and Border Control.

This will be the one overriding issue that will determine whether we STAY or LEAVE. Forget the EU, subsidies, NATO, EU backed coalitions blah de blah.....for me, the issues we face in the near future with immigration, legal or otherwise, refugees, political or social....is the crux of vote.

I can't see why ALL PARTIES, including the EU, couldn't come to some agreement over this issue. Allow each member state to control the influx of these people - under their own rules, yet still be part of the EU. If this could have been compromised earlier, I think most would vote to stay. Sadly, it's all too late and I think we'll see a big vote of LEAVE come June.

Whether that's the right decision or not, we'll see. What's wrong, is that the general public like ourselves, in the last 10 months, haven't been informed in the right way to make this judgement....so I'd be more than happy to say suspend the decision 12 months.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu May 19, 2016 5:22 am

Can you really see them suspending the vote?

Like you say, it's probably going to come down to one issue.

I just cannot believe some of the things the Brexit people say (most of the things they say actually).

TBH, I don't think most of us will notice any difference whether we vote to leave or not.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:14 pm

Genuinely worried today with the number of out plonkers I've met or seen (especially on facebook).
wonder if we can deport all UKIP voter to some small island someplace where they can all be happy..?
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:50 pm

I am not a plonker, nor a UKIP voter, or on facebook.
But I am voting out.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:04 pm

Me too !!!
If Cameron loses he only has himself to blame Awful campaign of scaremongering from the remain lot & there'll be massive pressure for him to resign & Boris to be the new leader
I think the vote will to be remain though cos there's too many people who are scared to take the risk
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:06 pm

not all out voters are plonkers.. just the ones I've been in contact with  :p
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm out too....but i'm sure it'll be fixed to remain.

Remember to take your Pens to register your vote
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:01 pm

If I could vote I would stay in.  Too many small businesses will be hit hard and with the state of the world right now it would be hard to go it alone.  Besides that - Boris is total plonker.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Interesting....I've voted OUT today. Happy to say. Do I think the OUT vote will win? No...especially with those dodgy pencils!!

However, after lots more research,I've come to the opinion that a weaker £ will definitely make me, a small business owner, more competitive within Europe. Clients I have spoken to in Europe have said they hope we leave. Apart from a £10 entry visa that we all used to pay, years ago, the fact the £ will be less against the Euro means they will have a stronger swing in using us, rather than a European competitor....and as we charge in Sterling£ anyway.....we still get paid the same as if the Euro was 2.0 to the £.

My biggest concern is the fact that if we stay, there will be no more concessions on immigration - the EU and Juncker has told us that "no more concessions Mr Cameron". That leaves us in a situation whereby we cannot negotiate on an open border policy - which in the next few years (AND IT WILL HAPPEN), 70m Turks and Albanians are free to cross into Europe, then the UK....for free health care after 6 months, money being sent back home etc etc.....jesus, I can't get an appointment in my village surgery for 3 weeks as it is. Families are struggling to get their kids in their local schools.

When that happens, the border of Turkey will be open to all from Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan etc.....and then, we are down shit creek.

So, OUT for me, but I think the REMAIN will win by at least 10 percent....and I'll be then looking to bugger off out of this country - and, will never vote again, as what's the point? Our government don't make 80% of our rules, Brussels do....and I certainly don't wish an unelected fat cat deciding what's good for me, my business, my family nor my country.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:27 pm

If I was voting, I'd vote to stay. On one side you have the leaders of most of the big businesses in the UK wanting us to stay (it's in their vested interests) and bodies such as the IMF, OECD, IFS, Soros etc. say remain. On the other side you have Gove, Boris and Farage. 

A weaker pound has its pros and cons.

Turkey won't be entering the EU for at least a decade.

In France, migrants have a hell of a time trying to get benefits. The UK needs to have the strictest rules possible to keep people out, get rid of bad apples etc. The rules should be much tighter withing the scope of the current EU rules. I'm sure France has tougher rules.

And stop non residents having to pay ZERO capital gains tax. That's one reason why the cost of housing keeps rising.

Can you imagine the NHS without it's 1/3 immigrant doctors and nurses?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:50 pm

Yes, however, I'm not in favour of closing borders, just allowing those with the skill-set needed in the UK to arrive.

As for Turkey....you're so wrong on that front. The EU are already pushing for accession within the next few days....and they can push through whatever laws they want.

As for big business wanting to stay...sort of backs up my argument to leave...fat cats getting fatter.

The EU is a fucked up experiment.

It's rotten to the core, run by bad apples who have never been elected into their own governments, never mind the EU.

The whole "we will be hit by tariffs" is nonsense.

Our current outlay to the EU will cover he worst possible tariffs they could impose, however, considering the likes of the German car market in the UK accounts for 25% of heir profits, are they really going to pull out of free trade deals, especially when Hermany's largest bank says leaving the EU will make our trading opportunities far stronger, with a weaker £.

I don't want an EU army, nor do I want 80% of our rules being determined by some MEP who can't even get a seat in their own constituency!!

We'll take a hit...but hen let's face it, we've been taking hits every single day for the past 3 decades since we joined the new improved EEC.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:52 pm

And typing this on an IPhone does my fucking nut in!!! Typos galore!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Jun 23, 2016 8:06 pm

The EU aren't pushing for accession. Where have you heard that? Apparently, they started the process back in 1987 and have completed just 1 of the 35 chapters and EU commission ruling say no new countries until 2019 at the earliest.

Name me one country that isn't rotten to the core? In the US they've got to choose between a racist/facist and Hilary Clinton.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:19 pm

Well, so much for the dodgy pencil theory, it made no difference at all!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum