Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Olympic Games EmptyFri May 03, 2024 11:01 pm by shakencity

» Pep’s at it again
Olympic Games EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Olympic Games EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Olympic Games EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Olympic Games EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Olympic Games EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Olympic Games EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Olympic Games EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Olympic Games EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Olympic Games EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Olympic Games

+3
TMG
blueboy
Wensdi
7 posters

Go down

Olympic Games Empty Olympic Games

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Just utterly thrilled with the British performance so far.  21 golds and 50 medals total - what a great showing by our athletes.  Just watched the Brownlee Brothers finish first and second.  Considering the poplulations of both the US and China - to be in 2nd position is just a massive achievement by the Brits.

Please don't anybody deflate my bubble.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Olympic Games Empty Re: Olympic Games

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:31 pm

Nope....it's brilliant.

However....it was 50 last night Wensdi....we've won another 3/4 today I think. bounce
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:30 pm

Yep 55 at the mo.  Really surprised no-one has posted on here about the games.  I even gave up the Prem games last weekend to watch the events that we were in (except for the City match of course).  21 golds - unbelievable.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 pm

Maybe your coverage is better than ours....

The BBC is a pain in the arse....they spend 2 hours on one discipline...and if you want to watch something else, you have to trawl through the menu screen - which in turn, just spends all it's time on one sport...including most of the boring stuff.

It'd be much better if the main channel just flicked to each event showing the best of what's going on.

Lazy Producing...and as for football - it'd always come over any Olympic event for me. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:54 pm

4 or 5 channels (all owned by NBC) showing the events over here - but obviously only the ones that the the USA are in.  Spend far too much time dwelling on their own achievements.  In some cases - they only show the lane that the American runners/rowers etc. are in - it's very annoying.

Would you rather watch Swansea and Middlesboro than the Olympic events?
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:31 am

I've missed all of the athletics as its been on at 2/3 in the morning. The cycling has been the only thing I've watched most of but as you say Wensdi, fantastic achievement by the GB team. Still a few more medals to come as well Smile
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:34 am

I'd rather watch Swansea v Boro than sailing, weightlifting or marathon open water swimming!!!  Razz Razz Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:36 am

Yeah Tony, I really got into the indoor cycling after London 2012....I would even go to a velodrome to watch some UK events - can be very exciting.

I don't mind watching the track finals - I stayed up to watch Mo Farrah and things like the cycling....but most of it is guff.

Still - we've been incredible for a small island.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:05 am

I haven't watched much at all. Brazil women playing a match as it was on the gym tv. I'm disillusioned with athletics and the olympics in general. Still too much doping going on, still too much emphasis on money buying medals ad still too many dodgy decisions (especially in the boxing).

Good for country moral to win lots of medals though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:34 pm

Fantastic achievements by Team GB. Disagree about BBC, the red button menu gives a choice of 5 or 6 different sports or disciplines. There is more coverage on BBC2 and BBC4 channels.
Due to early rise for work i only stayed up once to 1am to watch the end of the Andy Murray game against the Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro absorbing, frustrating and exciting stuff.
The Velodrome riders were sensational again too.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:42 pm

ManCityMan wrote:Fantastic achievements by Team GB. Disagree about BBC, the red button menu gives a choice of 5 or 6 different sports or disciplines. There is more coverage on BBC2 and BBC4 channels.
Due to early rise for work i only stayed up once to 1am to watch the end of the Andy Murray game against the Argentinian Juan Martin Del Potro absorbing, frustrating and exciting stuff.
The Velodrome riders were sensational again too.

Please re-read my reply... Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:07 pm

No one is interested in the events you mentioned Bluey but the Heptathlon events, the Triathlon, the tennis, and the athletic events 100, 200, 400, 800 etc., have all been excellent.  Some of the swimming too - especially Peaty's gold medal swim have been excellent viewing. Just think as it's only every 4 years and the last Olympics for many - it's been good to watch.  Must have been some good investment (money) by GB in their athletes over the last 10 years.  I remember when we only managed 10 medals in the games - LOL.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:56 pm

I'd rather watch Swansea v Boro than triathlon, tennis and most of the swimming? Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:09 pm

I've watched a little of selected events - that have been on a decent time...but if you turn on at 7-10pm, on most nights, it's rubbish events. You have to stay up late (23:00-01:00) to watch anything that may be of interest...and tbf, most of it is pants.

I stayed up late to watch Mo....but overall, 80% of the coverage is hardly worth watching - unless you've got a vested interest or it involves a Brit in a final....and then, most have been on at stupid o'clock.

I've loved the cycling....if that helps?

I think the legacy of London 2012 has helped athletes get funding...after so much money was ploughed into sponsorship for our athletes then - it'd be embarrassing if we fell flat on our faces after such great success - plus, I think London 2012 spurred on many kids to take up sports they wouldn't have tried before - so all in all, it's been the catalyst and team GB have grabbed it. It's all about keeping that momentum now.

Still...on the other hand - the whole drug thing has seriously tarnished it's reputation. Lord Coe and his committee shouldn't have passed the buck onto the individual sports governing bodies to ban countries or athletes - that was a proper 'pass the buck' and not the reason he was voted in.

Weak leadership....he was very quiet and distanced himself whilst the whole debate was going on last month on 'ban or no ban'.

Oh...and one more thing. It's still very corrupt in many sports.....but blatantly corrupt. You only have to watch the Boxing to see that. Poor Irish kid trains for 4 years, batters his opponent and they say the other won 2 rounds to 1??? Corruption by officials - never mind athletes.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:16 pm

And don't get me started on those pathetic Yank swimmers.

Guess the Olympic spirit stopped the moment they stepped out of the pool. Rolling Eyes

See Lochte scarpered as quick as he could and left his mates in the shit!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:02 pm

Manchester has been voted as the homecoming City parade for our Olympians.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:14 pm

Brilliant gold for the ladies hockey
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:01 am

Just watched the highlights on my phone. 15 mins of all the best bits, races etc...simple.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:33 pm

I have also been watching a bit of the Olympics I have really enjoyed the rowing not something iv'e ever watched a lot of but did enjoy it. I still have to question why Tennis, Golf & basketball are in the Olympics when the Americans send their dream team to compete. If it was purely amateurs or U23's like football then ok.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 20, 2016 5:05 pm

agree....but when was the last time an Olympic games was attended by 'amateurs'?

A large % of them are millionaires....or well off through their sponsors....no, not all of them before anyone says otherwise, but in most of the top events, they're mostly well off athletes.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:38 pm

Golf, tennis, cycling, even boxing now. Athletics too. It's not the Olympic spirit I thought about as a child. It's ok to support athletes up to a point, but it's just like another grand slam event in tennis it a major in golf contested by professionals.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:11 am

Yes I know but you get a lot of Rowers & athletes who have to find sponsorship just to get to the games & as you say dawg it's not the olympic spirit I grew up with. I can understand earning enough to be able to pay your costs to go but all participants should have amateur status.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Aug 29, 2016 1:10 am

Can't get access via my mobile as there's a horrible advert across the Main Forum... Had to post it on here as I can't access anything else. Mods, please can you sort out the ad via mobile and move it up above the Main Forum...it's very annoying? Cheers.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down