Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition??

3 posters

Go down

Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? Empty Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition??

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:15 am

I only write this, as I've just read that Burnley have had a £10m bid accepted for Robert Snodgrass.

Burnley have 26 points this season and Hull are currently languishing in 19th with 16 points. There's still 16 games and 48 points to play for and Leicester in 15th are only 5 points ahead of Hull.

Why sell by far, your best player at the end of January? Is that a clear indication that Hull have thrown in the towel??

Why don't Hull invest £10m in 2 new players rather than throwing away an opportunity to stay in the elite league? Or, is it a simple realisation that the parachute payment for dropping into the league below, is simply too irresistible for the owner?

You have to feel sorry for their fans. You're fighting for your life down there, you've actually played pretty well against the big boys, but then your best player is sold.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? Empty Re: Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition??

Post by Moonchester Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:25 am

you could argue it's good business sense given the current position and the way things are going.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition?? Empty Re: Do some clubs (owners) lack ambition??

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:01 pm

How? Is it good business to sell your best player the day before a semi final 2nd leg cup game or sell your best player when you could in theory be relegated?

Hence my question in the post...do the owners really care?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:06 pm

They'd already left Snodgrass out of the last league game so this looked like it was always going to happen. Why play him in the LC semi (when you're already 2-0 down) when he probably won;t be interested much.

I think Burnley were one of the 20 (or even 10) most profitable clubs in Europe a couple of seasons back. They didn't spend much, got relegated, but they pocketed a ton of money for being in the PL and a ton for the parachute payment.

I reckon they have a fair few quid n the bank and can now spend to make sure they stay in the division. Maybe they called it right. Don't overspend when you are in the PL and then consolidate when you have the chance.

Can't see Hull coming back up though.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:13 pm

Spend to stay in the division? £10m??? They won't be able to replace Snodgrass' goals and assists for £10m

Looks like it could be WHU as well, as they've tabled a bid.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:15 pm

Also, that approach is awful for the fans with 16 games to go.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:27 pm

I meant Burnley spent. Hull probably accept they are going down which is bad.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:29 pm

Ahhh... yeah agree, but looks like he's off to WHU.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:42 pm

oh, ok.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down