Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 4 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva

3 posters

Go down

Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva Empty Re: Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 24, 2017 3:41 pm

Haven’t read it all but it seems sensible. He joined late so he’s learning Pep’s ways after others have already had one season with him. And he hasn’t played enough to settle into the system. 

Maybe next year, he’ll show us what he can really do
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva Empty Re: Why Man City are yet to see the best of 'bargain' Bernardo Silva

Post by Strange Blue Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:15 pm

You pretty much summed up the article there Topdawg. It talks about how the preseason (which he missed) is really crucial as its when Pep does all the technical drills. I've seen flashes of brilliant individual technique, but then he's positionally poor & ends up losing the ball running up blind alleys & isolates himself with no one to pass to in the box. I reckon he will come good, but as you say it may take till next year.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:23 pm

He showed some great touches when he's come on for cameos especially when we are already cruising. 

He's not been as good when he's started and I don't think he's as good now as he was when he first started with us. But that's me being picky. 

Not sure how much pre season he'll get with the world cup next summer, but he'll be better suited to our system after another 6 months of training.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:42 pm

I just don't think he's strong or even quick enough, to play wide right. I think I mentioned after the Feyenoord game, he's so much more effective when played inside - but he's not going to take Silva or KDB's position in important games, and Sane and Sterling have been far too good to be rested for big games.

I think he'll need this season to settle into the PL...find his feet and maybe look to move inside at some point in the coming years, as he's too one-footed right now. And don't forget, we have Foden pushing for a place in the 12 months+...so he will have to learn quickly, or he could be one of those "looked good for.....but just can't get enough games, so may as well sell him"
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:15 pm

How long has Dave got left? 2 more seasons after this one? It’ll be good that Bernardo and Foden could be fighting for one spot alongside KdB
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down