Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyYesterday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players?

5 posters

Go down

Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? Empty Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players?

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5253633/Man-City-footballer-20-25k-week-buys-2-25m-home.html

They make it out like it's a bad thing that a 20yo kid on £25k per week has just bought a house for £2.25M. Good luck to him I say.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? Empty Re: Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players?

Post by skyblueoz Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:20 am

Its all relative, he earns in a week what most people earn in a say 3 quarters of a year. He has every right to spend his money his way. Especially on an investment like Property. At least he isn't doing a joey barton & gambling it or drinking it away.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players? Empty Re: Why do shitbag papers keep having a go at players?

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:21 am

Not for me...he's hardly played a game. 

Did you see the Calvin documentary?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:44 am

Wait, so instead of blowing his money on expensive cars and haircuts, he's invested in property and that's a bad thing?  Although I suspect the Fail would've preferred it if he'd poured the money into a dodgy hedge fund managed by a Tory sponsor...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:15 pm

but hang on..
he earns - 75x what I earn every week
his house costs - 12.5x what my house costs.

very sensible from the lad..

and it's still 30x what me and the wife earn combined (weekly)..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:48 pm

Blowing his money? 

Why does a player at 20 need to spend £2.5m on a house when he's not even in the first team? I'm assuming he'll be living in that house? What sort of message does that send to every youth player in the U16/18's? 

As for investment...we've seen loads of players selling houses in the millions of pounds bracket for a loss of £1m. House prices are predicted to fall by 30% in the next 4 years...and what happens if he gets a career ending injury and is left with negative enquity? 

I just don't think buying a house worth that much sends out the right message.
As for cars...I'm sure he'll have a very expensive car or two if he's spending that on a bloody house!

It's madness IMO. It's his money...but he fact players get paid this at this age, when they are not even a firstbteam starter, sums up everything that is wrong with the game.

Watch the Michael Calvin documentary...it's harrowing how youth players act, or are treated by clubs. 
It's all madness...and is it any wonder most of these kids don't make it at the top level when they live in a mansion and drive super cars, when not even playing at the highest level?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:59 pm

It's all relative I guess.  He is earning over a million a year, so the house is 2 1/2 times his earnings.   3x earnings is about normal for house purchasing really.

Would a young stockbroker earning big money buy a £50k one bed-roomed flat, probably not.

I think it's more the fact exactly how much he is paid and has played what 3 games in the 1st team.  The house does reek of look at me Billy Big Potatoes, but it's still the average multiple from earnings to mortgage.

Football was only every going this way with the TV money.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:04 pm

he's on a 25K per week contract up to 2021, as of June last year..

means he will have eared about £800,000 since then on basic wages alone. you don't know what rights, images deals, sponsorships might be at any level.

What would you expect him to live in? this is a player, who yes hasn't started in premier league yet, but has played in cups and Champions league.

I know an Oldham player lives near one of my mates in a £200,000 semi..
dial that up a league or 2, and Tosin has the contract to back it up.

you're guessing on motors. do you know what car he drives?

as the saying goes, don't hate the player, hate the game. he's just doing himself alright by it.
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:52 pm

by the time his current contracts up, he'll have made about £3M from his basic salary, net of taxes, so his house is affordable to him. I doubt he'll not get another decent contract should he leave City. Yes, maybe it's too much, bunt it's his money.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:21 pm

Moonchester wrote:he's on a 25K per week contract up to 2021, as of June last year..

means he will have eared about £800,000 since then on basic wages alone. you don't know what rights, images deals, sponsorships might be at any level.

What would you expect him to live in? this is a player, who yes hasn't started in premier league yet, but has played in cups and Champions league.

as the saying goes, don't hate the player, hate the game. he's just doing himself alright by it.
When have I ever said I hated the player???????

What would I expect him to live in??? That comments fucking sums it all up.

A player who's made 3/4 1st team games....and according you you, he deserves to live in a £2.5m mansion. Fuck me...all that's wrong with the game. Rolling Eyes

Gareth Bale lives in a house worth $3m.

Iniesta $3.4m

Lionel Messi $4.5m

Tosin Aderaybayo $3m  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Look at it that way.

Fucking pathetic.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:40 pm

It's his money. he does what he likes with it. Why is it any of our business?

Bet he doesn't have a pizza oven in his garden though! Razz:P:P:P:P
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:44 pm

Moonchester wrote:he's on a 25K per week contract up to 2021, as of June last year..

I know a player at a big club, whose done far more than Tosin has....has a signed a contract that equals his. He's not being billy-big-bollocks and buying a mansion. Still lives with his mum and drives a sponsored club car.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

Topdawg wrote:It's his money. he does what he likes with it. Why is it any of our business?

Bet he doesn't have a pizza oven in his garden though! Razz:P:P:P:P
Hey...I earned that and built it myself!  Razz Razz Razz Razz 

Tosin will have a pizza restaurant in his back garden....or probably, a Nando's!  Rolling Eyes
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:55 pm

It's life mate. Buying an expensive house isn't billy big bollocks. He's more than likely buying the pad for his family to live in. Mum and dad may have sacrificed loads over the years to help him get where he is now. And maybe he's paying them back. Somewhere nice for them live and his brothers and sisters too? 

What's wrong with that? I'd do that for my family if I had that sort of money.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:58 pm

blueboy wrote:

When have I ever said I hated the player???????

What would I expect him to live in??? That comments fucking sums it all up.

A player who's made 3/4 1st team games....and according you you, he deserves to live in a £2.5m mansion. Fuck me...all that's wrong with the game. Rolling Eyes

Gareth Bale lives in a house worth $3m.

Iniesta $3.4m

Lionel Messi $4.5m

Tosin Aderaybayo $3m  Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

Look at it that way.

Fucking pathetic.
You mean the Gareth Bale that wanted Beyonce to sing at his wedding at £1.5M???
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:02 pm

Yep...one of the best footballers in world football and played at the highest level both domestically and Internationally, for the past 10 years....and plays for Real Madrid. He's not 20 and played 5/6 games in cup competitions.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:03 pm

I'd rather ridicule spending £1.5M on a singer for your wedding than spending £2.25M on a house for your family.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:05 pm

Messi's wedding had 450 police officers. That's ridiculous. I hope they were paid for by him.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 4:16 pm

Again..Messi is worth about £200m...think his footballing record allows him to do what he wants.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:26 pm

Bluey, it seems you're the only one here who has an issue with him buying a house.  Yes, granted, it's a very big house with a price tag to match, but if he can afford it, what's the actual issue?

What message does it send to the other kids?  "Hey, buy a house!"  So what?  He could be pissing it up a wall every weekend, or snorting lines of a hooker's boobs, or beating up DJs or raping girls or shagging grannies or breaking the speed limit or drink driving or handing out wads of fifties in Moss Side or any one of the other myriad stupid things that some footballers do.  Isn't buying a house pretty tame and, dare I say, quite a sensible thing to do in comparison?

But look, if you're not happy, you know where he lives now. How about you knock on his door and tell him what a bastard he is because he's bought a bleeding house??
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:55 pm

Knock on his door?....he'll probably have a 200 yard driveway, bouncers and electric gates.  Razz Razz Razz

Look, it's not the buying of the house or Tosin per se...it's this whole culture of giving 'kids' who haven't really done anything in the game, the type of money that allows them to buy a £2.25m house.

Of course...we could all say "I'd do the same", but that's not my point of objection. Yes, he, by all accounts, seems like a nice lad. Don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem to be a Jesse Lingard....however, at 20, when he's only played a handful of Cup games....the message that sends out to the rest of the youth players coming through, is one of "look, I've got a contract and only played 6 games, and look what you can have"....

Sancho on £50k pw is another prime example. He's really pulling up trees at Dortmund isn't he?

It's not personal...it more about the culture of today's youth footballers.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Wed Jan 10, 2018 7:02 pm

Yes, the less determined kids might not be able to push themselves to the top if they get the money too early, but we can't stop them earning and spending their money. That's how it is. We can't go backwards.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:56 pm

Sancho is starting to get some game time now at Dortmund..

Tosin hasn't done anything in the game, compared to who?
he's got a whacking contract for his status and on the fringes, of lets face it a pretty decent squad (barring Toure and Mangala)  :p
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:12 am

blueboy wrote:Knock on his door?....he'll probably have a 200 yard driveway, bouncers and electric gates.  Razz Razz Razz

Look, it's not the buying of the house or Tosin per se...it's this whole culture of giving 'kids' who haven't really done anything in the game, the type of money that allows them to buy a £2.25m house.

Of course...we could all say "I'd do the same", but that's not my point of objection. Yes, he, by all accounts, seems like a nice lad. Don't know him personally, but he doesn't seem to be a Jesse Lingard....however, at 20, when he's only played a handful of Cup games....the message that sends out to the rest of the youth players coming through, is one of "look, I've got a contract and only played 6 games, and look what you can have"....

Sancho on £50k pw is another prime example. He's really pulling up trees at Dortmund isn't he?

It's not personal...it more about the culture of today's youth footballers.

Okay, so now we're getting somewhere.  It did come off as being a bit personal towards him, especially given the fact he's done something much more sensible with his easily acquired cash than blow it on fast cars, hard drugs and strong liquor.

But now you've explained that it's not him, per se, but the system, and that you're only using him as an example of your point, then that's a completely different matter.  On that point, I completely agree with you.  But there again, we can't blame the kids for a system that allows them to get to this point.  Tosin must look at his position, as a named member on the first team squad, must feel he's worth more than his peers in the EDS who aren't and can justifiably believe he's worth more than they are because of his position.  And then he'll look at those who are in the starting eleven - Sané, Stones, Sterling, Jesus - who are all his age or only a little older who are on considerably more money.  And then he'll note the number of times he's in the matchday squad, even if only as a reserve, and think that he must be worth at least a chunk of what they are on.  And then he'll see the other regular bench warmers who are on tons of money - Bravo, Mangala, Yaya - and wonder why they are all on such megabucks and yet see barely more of the pitch.  I don't know... if I were in his position, on the fringe of the first team action, having to be ready to play most weekends, I'd want to be on more than an EDS wage.  And twenty five grand a week is far less than even the fringe players earn.

Football has been on crazy money for a long time, but we're now entering a time of sheer insanity, what with players now changing hands for nine figure sums, players on an excess of a million a month, buyout clauses now into billions for the very top players.  It's not Tosin's fault the money in the game is deep into the realm of sheer lunacy and nobody can blame him for wanting a slice of it.  No, he's not earning it and no, he's not worth it, but there again, can we genuinely, hand on heart, reconcile any top player earning more in a week than the average fan earns in a year?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:14 am

Can't disagree with any of what you said. 
As mentioned, football has gone mad..and when you consider that there's a 0.021 chance of a youth player becoming a full time professional, whats driving them...money and fame, or the love of the game?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down