Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 2 Registered, 0 Hidden and 4 Guests

titbumwilly, Wensdi

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 6:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Football Support is Toxic EmptyToday at 7:00 pm by Wensdi

» Have it - Four in a row
Football Support is Toxic EmptyToday at 8:39 am by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Football Support is Toxic EmptyFri May 17, 2024 1:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Football Support is Toxic EmptyThu May 16, 2024 9:25 am by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Football Support is Toxic EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 3:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Football Support is Toxic EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 9:08 am by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Football Support is Toxic EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 8:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Football Support is Toxic EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 8:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Football Support is Toxic EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 5:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Football Support is Toxic EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 1:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Football Support is Toxic

+4
Blue Radley
skyblueoz
shakencity
Strange Blue
8 posters

Go down

Football Support is Toxic Empty Football Support is Toxic

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:46 am

I think this week shows how toxic football supporting has become.   The amount of shit on the twitter this week about empty seats, FA Cup Semi lack of sales and add into that the racism I am pretty disillusioned with everything football.  In what could be a never to be repeated season of achievement I find myself just wanting the season to be over for a rest.

I actually removed all football from my twitter last night and it was actually nice scrolling through this morning with no bitterness.

I'm actually for the first time in a long time thinking there is a lot more to life and at the end of the day its just a game.  The world won't end if we don't win all 4 trophies, but I am just going to hide away from any screen if we do, I can imagine the hate now.

Back to top Go down

Football Support is Toxic Empty Re: Football Support is Toxic

Post by Strange Blue Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:26 am

Personally I think social media in general is toxic. Never thought I would see the day when the team I support was this good, just remember the days when singing "its just like watching Brazil" was ironic. Haters gonna hate, but I like watching their heads explode when they watch us break record after record. If the dippers win the Prem I might join you in taking some time off Twitter though.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:30 am

I literally dread the thought of that too.

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:28 am

Thing is Scott....95% of the crap on there stems from obsessed Liverpool fans. I just scroll past 95% of those posts, as they're all the same.
I only have 50 followers too, really couldn't handle having any more tbh.lol
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 11:01 am

Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but football was always the get away from the crap of the world, including all this brexit farce.  I'm glad it's almost spring maybe getting back on the golf course will sort it out.

I don't really post a lot and mainly follow but my twitter will probably stay football free until next season now.

I think first to drop points in the run in will lose out.  Dippers v Chelsea is the one for me (if not tonight), if we get a free hit for the Rags I don't think they will catch us.

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:25 pm

I don't do  twitter facebook Instagram etc. I don't have the time or the inkling for it. If fans of opposition clubs want to be insufferable little pillocks then so be it. Personally I find them moronic especially the ones on some of these fans forums who seem to think every time someone disagrees with them they "have a bite" or "its just banter"  I enjoy reading there stuff but I take most with a pinch of salt the stuff they try and throw at us comes from a lack of knowledge or they are trying to be funny. Either way its not relevant in the real world, it is if you like escapism. In all honesty who cares if we have empty seats? I don't, who cares if we pay extortionate fees for players? I don't if it means we are witnessing the best football I have ever seen city play in 53yrs. I am lucky to see the calibre of players we have at the club.

At the end of the day it boils down to the owner of City has taken the club to levels we dare not dream about. its not my money so why should I feel as though the trophies we win are not the same as the ones you win when you earn them as opposed to buying them? The problem with that sentiment is that all trophies are bought as there is not 1 single team that has one the league or a cup in the last 30 yrs with just home grown players.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Radley Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:09 pm

Agree with all of this. The toxicity has always been there, but but now “thanks” to social media it’s so much more accessible. A really small number of people now have a really big voice, and the likes of TalkSport and the gutter press feed off that. It’s all about clicks and likes. Don’t lose your love of the game, just manage your access to social media and try to avoid the ignorant cos it just ain’t gonna change. Would hate for any City fan to miss out on what we’re being treated to these days.
Blue Radley
Blue Radley
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:24 pm

I will always watch, will just limit the social commentary aspect for a while. Not even tempted to read after the dippers latest last 10 mins fluke, been a peaceful evening :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Apr 06, 2019 7:17 am

Sticking your ahead above the parapet, voicing differing opinions to the mainstream and being different is likely to get you a shedload of abuse of twitter. As I have found out. People just don't want to discuss and debate things. They just want to get personal. So I'm backing off twitter for a while (just not going to get involved as much rather than quitting). It's just not worth it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:11 am

Don’t do twitter,looks a load of bollocks
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:34 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Don’t do twitter,looks a load of bollocks

I'm starting to agree  Razz I did very nearly deactivate, but just made it football free in the end.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:08 am

I hardly ever use twitter.  Just seems like a way to store a collection of soundbites to me.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:26 am

Tried Twitter a couple of times but just don’t like the format of it.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down