Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
I’m finally done! EmptyYesterday at 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
I’m finally done! EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
I’m finally done! EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
I’m finally done! EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
I’m finally done! EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
I’m finally done! EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
I’m finally done! EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
I’m finally done! EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
I’m finally done! EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
I’m finally done! EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I’m finally done!

+3
Wensdi
Nijinsky
titbumwilly
7 posters

Go down

I’m finally done! Empty I’m finally done!

Post by titbumwilly Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:00 pm

That’s it for me, football can go f@ck itself as far as I’m concerned.
Virtue signalling multi-millionaires will continue to take the knee to educate us thick, racist, working class scum (as Rio Ferdinand sees us) next season.
That would be fine, if these hypocritical arseholes turned round and said ‘I won’t go to the World Cup in Qatar because of their disgusting views on homosexuality, transgender  people and their complete disregard for the hundreds of people killed building their football grounds’.
No no, they’ll take the knee because they’re so enlightened and virtuous!
Hey lads, don’t worry about those LGBT people next year when you’re running round seeking your personal glory and fame, because black lives obviously matter more than gay lives.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

I’m finally done! Empty Re: I’m finally done!

Post by TMG Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:06 pm

Just boo,turn your back or look away from the TV when the bell ends are kneeling. Don’t let it spoil watching the footy.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:22 pm

If I was to do any of those things I’d be unfairly called an uneducated racist, and to be honest I’m sick of justifying my views to woke arseholes.
Nowadays when I see these multi-millionaires banging on about societal inequalities and telling us how pious they are, I just feel no longer engaged by them.
The game leaves me cold these days, which is some achievement after more than 50 years of following it.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:44 pm

I fully understand & agree, TBW but I won’t be able to stop watching City football matches over it. I have however stopped watching Formula 1 after the biggest hypocrite in sport lectures on climate change and inequality whilst polluting the air with his cars and private jet, racing in countries who have slave labour & preach inequality and being sponsored by companies that helped the Nazis in WW2
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:19 pm

I totally agree about Saint Lewis of Hypocrisy.
I am no longer interested in any sport, tv, media etc, as everybody needs to put a point across, promote an agenda, display their social awareness, support a cause.........
No, I’m 56 and I don’t need to be lectured or abused by people in far more privileged positions than me.
I’m backing away from society and people that trigger me.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Nijinsky Wed Aug 04, 2021 5:08 pm

You are right TBW but I will not let those condescending twats that are the bbc and all their money grabbing hypocrites they call pundits ruin my enjoyment of watching City. 
At 68 I still get as passionate about the blues as I did when I was standing on the spikes at the back of the Kippax in the 60’s and 70’s.
If they want to take the knee so what, so long as we keep winning I couldn’t give a flying F*&k about all the rest of the crap that goes on.
Keep the faith man.
Nijinsky
Nijinsky
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

TMG likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 05, 2021 6:02 pm

You have to see the big picture TBW.  The BLM movements was started over here to protest police brutality and racially motivated attacks.  I,m sure you have all seen the footage of the cop with his knee on the neck of George Floyd.  After thousands of incidents like this over the years - even on the march for freedom and the right to vote 50 years ago - black people were beaten senseless by cops and since then have been shot in the back etc.  Its really the most shocking situation.  

Obviously taking the knee was initiated by a black quarterback to protest police brutality and all of the above.  He has been ostracised for daring to try and raise awareness.  I think taking the knee at football games is just the footballers trying to support BLM and what it stands for.  Most older white "christian" men over here don't want black people to vote or to be of equal value.  The country must stay white for them - that is what the recent insurrection on the Capitol was all about - white nationalists trying to fight for Trump to overthrow the duly elected President so that Trump can continue to disenfranchise black people and make America white again.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:02 pm

‘You need to see the bigger picture’, Jesus that’s exactly what I was saying!
You have written nothing that I wasn’t already aware of, I follow world politics very closely.
Why is it that people and organisations these days think that if somebody doesn’t agree with their views or actions it must be due to a lack of education or awareness?
I abhor violence in any form.
Unfortunately violence is used by the police, antifa, proud boys, EDL, BLM etc.
How is it right that some players are allowed to get away with using the black power salute whilst taking the knee? Surely racism is racism whichever way it is aimed? Why aren’t the press taking Anthony Joshua to task for referring to the ‘superior black race’ whilst hounding white people for ‘cultural appropriation’ pictures taken 20 years ago? It’s these inconsistencies that cause divisions.
Unfortunately BLM isn’t an innocent sweetness and light organisation, as some people would make us believe.
Look into the the history of Sacha Johnson, she is certainly not adverse to using violence as a means to an end! In my eyes she’s no different to Tommy Robinson.
My point is, football should not allow itself to be used by an organisation with far from innocent views or actions.
And before I get accused of being a working-class, racist ‘gammon’ (another racist term, as it’s based on skin colour, but we’ll skip over that fact), I would be as equally disgusted if football players promoted the EDL, Catholic Church, Hamas or any other dubious organisation before each game.
If I’ve offended anyone, that was not my intention, therefore I won’t apologise for my views.
It’s now definitely time to move on.

titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Thu Aug 05, 2021 7:31 pm

The big picture - meant the situation over here.  I don't know how it is over there - only over here.  Tried to tell you how it is over here - and how black people are still fighting to vote for christs sake.  They have been chased down and shot for having an expired license while driving or an unpaid parking ticket.  I think that taking a knee was a way of calling attention to police brutality OVER HERE .  Obviously not the same over there.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Aug 05, 2021 8:12 pm

100% with you TBW
There are hundreds of police officers who get murdered by blacks (and whites) in the USA so it’s not all one way Wensdi. Is it any wonder the police have twitchy trigger fingers. Whilst anyone can get fairly easy access to firearms, nothing will ever change. Saint Floyd was a violent criminal high on drugs. Not saying he deserved to die but you reap what you sow in this world.
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 06, 2021 4:00 am

Wow TMG you sound like a real Trumper - "alternate facts".  46 officers died by murder in 2020 and there was 1021 fatal police shootings.  As for George Floyd read Wiki for the facts
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Fri Aug 06, 2021 6:59 am

So, because he doesn’t agree with your view on this issue, you’ve decided that he’s a Trump supporter. It must’ve been posted on Wiki, that font of all things factual and correct!
‘You sound like a real Trumper’. That’s why I’m done with this whole shit show of a game now, because he’s expressed an alternative opinion he’s been labelled and now needs to defend his political leanings!
Good luck to anyone that thinks that BLM is a peaceful movement for non-violent change, their leadership is no different to the Proud Boys, just two different colours.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:35 am

As I said whilst everyone is free to arm themselves in the US, nothing will ever change. When you’ve been in the shoes of a police officer facing some crazed drugged up armed criminal I will maybe listen to you. Wiki for the facts. You are funny😂
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Fri Aug 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Actually TBW I said he "sounded" like a Trump supporter with his "alternative facts" version of police shootings. Things are very different over here so we are not comparing apples to apples.  I should not have posted my 2 cents worth on the subject of BLM.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by atlblue Fri Aug 06, 2021 5:57 pm

Sometimes it is important for celebrities even wealthy individuals to bring attention to social  or relevant issues of the day. They are often the catalyst to start much needed movements. Its so funny how many americans call kneeling unpatriotic fuck them they have no clue about freedom as long as they keep making there money and things go there way. The United States is only 2 generations from the civil rights movement and an ugly history of injustice and brutality. The fact that BLM is recognized in Football is down the severity of the issues in the United States. I do however agree that as long as guns are easily available in the US these incidents will continue. Police need better descalation training instead of current shoot first ask questions later.
atlblue
atlblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sat Aug 07, 2021 11:32 am

I agree wholeheartedly with any anti bigotry/anti hate stance be it racism,homophobia,mysogeny etc
George Floyd was just the straw that broke the camels back in the states 
I would be wholly supportive of anyone who refused to go to Qatar,it’s utterly repugnant
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:30 pm

TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:30 am

Is America not considered a black country now?

The BLM movement has caused a bigger divide in race relations and set it back years.....tbh, I think that was their aim - well it certainly was in this country.

Oh and while the subject of US cop killers was raised....year on year since 2017 (just what came up when googled) the number of WHITE people killed by police officers is virtually the same as the number killed of all the other races combined - strange how this is never mentioned, maybe it doesn't fit the narrative.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down