Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 13 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 13 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
What size stadium could we fill week in week out? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

What size stadium could we fill week in week out?

5 posters

Go down

What size stadium could we fill week in week out? Empty What size stadium could we fill week in week out?

Post by Topdawg Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:32 pm

Both Newcastle and Norwich are already sold out.

Norwich 3 weeks early and in recent times we'd not have filled the ground.

What size ground do you reckon we could reasonably fill on a regular basis?

50,000 seems pretty straightforward as it isn't much more than we have now. Could we fill 60,000?

Personally, I doubt it for at least a couple of years and we need to carry on playing this scintillating football.

The rivalry with the rags helps as does the many years of getting shat upon.

what'll happen if we start winning the title? will people find it boring after a couple of years?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

What size stadium could we fill week in week out? Empty Re: What size stadium could we fill week in week out?

Post by leopold Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:06 am

I think we should be selling ours out on a continuous basis before we think about expanding. Selling every seat for a newly promoted side is pretty good going, but I'd be interested to see if we can keep that up when we hit the inevitable dip in form.

I think raising the North stand to a third tier would be enough to be going on with, that should take our ground to a Newcastle sized one and we should be able to fill that.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

What size stadium could we fill week in week out? Empty Re: What size stadium could we fill week in week out?

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Leo what would raising the North Stand to a third tier take the max to? 50,000ish?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 14, 2011 2:31 pm

I think the studies shown say raising the North stand to 3 tiers would add another 6,000 seats, so we'd be looking at 54,000 or thereabouts.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:38 pm

That sounds the more sensible approach just now as we would struggle to fill anything bigger until we achieve more success on the park, hopefully.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:58 pm

get that extension done over the summer so that can utilise those extra seats asap. It's probably worth about £5M per year to the club
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:05 pm

And it should be a relatively easy thing to do as well, the stadium is already set to take it, it just needs a few supports, another spiral entrance perhaps and the roofline raising a smidgeon. The only awkward bit would be releasing the tension on the support stanchions that hold the roof up.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:48 pm

Realistically - i agree. Somewhere in the region of 55,000 would make sense for now. Unlike Newcastle, we have 3 or 4 teams within a 40 mile radius, with the rags being all of 7 miles.

Though to be fair - 10-15,000 of them may just swap allegiances in the coming years.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:10 pm

Do we want to give easy access to the inevitable glory hunters and increase to 60plus or stick at 55k and make it difficult for the camera clickers to get tickets?
Unless the club decide to completely change the way tickets are bought,there will be very few of ONH's kind,won't be long before he switches,who will be able to get any tickets.Id much rather we keep it Manchester rather than a global club wherever possible
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:14 pm

Tend to agree on the whole PPLF - as I am really struggling now to get to see them on an ad hoc basis with my boys.

May have to plump for the top notch membership next season and take the hit on the matches I will miss.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:53 pm

It's a tricky one,I had to get a hotel deal at a premier inn to get my sister and her husband tickets for the Bayern game,although at £122 each for b&b and ticket it wasn't too bad considering as they needed a hotel anyway(coming up from Poole)
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:24 pm

i'm with you blueboy.

it is getting harder for me to get to matches as my boys are growing up. it isn't the cost issue, it's the time which i just haven't got anymore.

i've only been to four matches this season and i think i'll struggle to make it to 10 matches this season and half will probably be away matches.

i'd buy a season ticket as it'd work out better for me even though i'd miss a few matches, but i'd have to buy one for my kids as well even though they are likely to only go to 2 or 3 matches each season.

it's just the way my cookie has crumbled.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down