Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 16 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Important week next week EmptyYesterday at 11:37 pm by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
Important week next week EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Important week next week EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Important week next week EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Important week next week EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Important week next week EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Important week next week EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Important week next week EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Important week next week EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Important week next week EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
atlblue
Important week next week Vote_lcapImportant week next week Voting_barImportant week next week Vote_rcap 
Wensdi
Important week next week Vote_lcapImportant week next week Voting_barImportant week next week Vote_rcap 
Topdawg
TMG

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Important week next week

3 posters

Go down

Important week next week Empty Important week next week

Post by leopold Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:05 pm

After our cup triumph, picking up the first of four trophies available to us, the next week looks crucial to our endeavours in the remaining three competitions.

First off, the FA Cup fifth round tie against Wigan.  We have the home advantage, but with lower league competition there's no room for complacency.  Given they upset our cup final last year, I don't think we can afford to take it easy.  We also can't allow for thoughts of the 5-0 drubbing they received in the C1C earlier this season as they look a much tougher prospect under Uwe.  I don't see him doing us any favours.  We win this and we're definitely going to Wembley again, which would be another big lift for the team.  And there's no point worrying about who we're going to get at this stage, just getting there should be the goal.

Then, that tricky return leg in the CL against Barca.  With a 2-0 home defeat to shake off, we need to score at least 3 goals.  (A note to Manuel: if Barca score once, we STILL only need three!!)  A massive ask, but with Fernandinho, Aguero and Nasri all fit, we might have a fighting chance.  If we did pull off another unexpected away win in the CL and progress, it would surely make us a favourite to go all the way to Lisbon.

Then on Saturday we're away to Hull.  Our away league form has been a little haphazard and Hull have been known to pull a shock result out of the bag.  Our league position is artificially deflated thanks to three postponed games, so we need to register a win here to stay in the hunt.  Lose this one and we're three points down, piling a lot of pressure on the rescheduled matches.

In my opinion, we should be able to beat Wigan and Hull to keep the domestic treble on track.  We've got a good shot at the FA Cup and if we keep up winning ways in the league, we can drag the campaign back into our favour.  However, I do think the CL is a bridge too far right now and to keep pursuing it when we're going to be swamped playing catch-up with midweek league games could spell trouble.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Important week next week Empty Re: Important week next week

Post by shakencity Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:10 pm

leopold wrote:With a 2-0 home defeat to shake off, we need to score at least 3 goals. (A note to Manuel: if Barca score once, we STILL only need three!!).

Haha, yeah i hope all permutations have been explained fully to him  Laughing Laughing 
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 03, 2014 2:38 pm

Its a tough one Shaken, get a result against Barca and we could very well go all the way.

Personally I think a good showing and go down fighting, it's no disgrace. This frees our time again to catch up in the league with all the games in hand we will have.

I really do think the domestic treble is seriously within reach, and without the CL distraction even more so.

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:21 pm

I know we shouldn't be looking to the FA Cup semi finals, but it really does look like we should be able to do this.  Assuming we get past Wigan, we would be drawn against either:

- Arsenal or Everton
- Hull or Sunderland
- Sheffield United or Charlton

If I was to put any kind of prediction on this, I can see a clean sweep for the away sides in all three.  I also have this weird feeling we'll be up against Sunderland in the final...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:22 pm

I think that any player, regardless of competitions...will want to play in all of these games.

The C1C win, will no doubt give the players who played a massive boost, and will give the players who didn't, the incentive to take every single chance they get, to show what they can do...if not, they will be used only when injury dictates...so no excuse.

Yes, the Barca game will be very difficult, as you cannot see them NOT scoring...but as you said, with Nasri, Fernando and Aguero back, and Negredo fully over his injury....there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't give it a massive, attacking go...and if we lose, we lose....no real shame. However, an early goal at the Nou Camp.....and who knows? The players have Bayern to call on....and what happened there.

I can see some players being rested for the Wigan game.....with the likes of Garcia, Milner, Lezza, Clichy, Navas...all getting a run out.....and to be fair....we should have enough at home to overcome a potential banana skin....as Uwe will no doubt have them revved up.

The Hull game.....and any PL game thereafter....we should be fielding our best 11.....as this is surely our No.2 priority....or No.1 if we are out of the CL....and give the FA cup our 2nd priority...however, if we keep winning....tiredness shouldn't come into it...as all players will WANT to play....and when you are chasing trophies, as we've seen with United......tiredness never seems to be a factor...adrenaline and excitement takes over.....

So rest a few for Wigan.....then go ALL out against Barca.....and who knows.

But it's March....we've won one cup, in a QF of another....a return leg not over in the CL.....and statistically, win our games in hand...and we'll be top of the PL...

What a season so far...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down