Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Monday gossip EmptyMon Apr 29, 2024 3:57 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Monday gossip EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Monday gossip EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Monday gossip EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Monday gossip EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Monday gossip EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Monday gossip EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Monday gossip EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Monday gossip EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

Top posting users this month
No user

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Monday gossip

Go down

Monday gossip Empty Monday gossip

Post by lee1pen Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:57 am

Mon 14 Nov 2011, 8:42AM
Posted by Peter Ferguson

You have to hand it to Mario Balotelli, the lad is pure box office. How many other strikers could hit the headlines because their dad said they had played well?

But it's a story in Italy following his cracking performance in the 2-0 win over Poland, and thanks to the wonders of digital technology (that interweb, yes) it's a story here now as well.

Goal.com reports that "the Manchester City forward has received high praise from coach Cesare Prandelli, but his dad has now spoken of his joy in watching the player in action".

They quote Franco Balotelli from the respected La Gazzetta dello Sport: "Mario phoned me straight after the game and his first question is always: ‘How did I play, Dad?’ I replied: ‘This time I give you eight out of 10. Not for the goal, but because you played for the team. Well done.'"

That could have been Roberto Mancini talking, couldn't it?

Balo's dad adds: "Mario is urging me and my wife to come and see him in Rome [against Uruguay tomorrow night]. I am 82 years old, so journeys are difficult for me, but I promised to visit him soon in Manchester. He’s earned it."

Over at the England camp, they've been quizzing Joleon Lescott about his top performance against Spain, which came as no great surprise to those who have watched him for City this season.

Tribalfootball.com comments that "Lescott admits he has grown in confidence during Manchester City's flying start to the season".

Joleon reckons: "I would say it was my best performance for England, because of the opposition. They are world champions and, the way they play, they dictate most games. It was the ultimate test.

<BLOCKQUOTE>

At City we are winning games most weeks so my confidence is high, and that can only help

Speaking of Spain, the Mail reckons Roberto isn't content with just one Silva: "City are set to go head to head with Spanish giants Barcelona for the signature of AC Milan defender Thiago Silva.
</BLOCKQUOTE>
"Barcelona made a bid for the 27-year-old Brazilian international in the summer but it was rejected by the Italians who said they would not welcome any further approaches for their star player."

Mailman Matt Barlow also reveals that Chelsea will be sending a £1million cheque if Daniel Sturridge plays against Sweden, the final instalment of the deal when he left City last year.

It would be a pleasant windfall for most clubs, he muses. All contributions gratefully received, Matt.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down