Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Wigan away  EmptyYesterday at 8:56 pm by Wensdi

» Today's game
Wigan away  EmptyYesterday at 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Wigan away  EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Wigan away  EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Wigan away  EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Wigan away  EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Wigan away  EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Wigan away  EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Wigan away  EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Wigan away  EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Wigan away

+3
coolenglishbob
blueboy
Bewar3them00n
7 posters

Go down

Wigan away  Empty Wigan away

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:09 pm

It's top V bottom, an easy win on paper, but both City and Wigan are going through respective blips.
With the recent topsy turvy results of the so called "top teams" throwing spanners in the works, and City still top despite patchy form, the question is...
Will City find their scoring boots again and put Wigan to the sword?

Hart
Zabba Richards Lescott Clichy
Milner Barry Silva Nasri
Dzêko Aguero

After Savic's recent poor showing, I think it's time for the ZabMan to return, Richards to partner Lescott in the middle, he can venture upfield thru the middle, he's quite capable of doing this, I remember a great storming run v Rovers a few years ago, and he's arguably a better player now.
Zab and Clichy are both no strangers to bombing down the wing
I'm countering Silva's and Nasri's creative flair with Barry and Milner's industry, Milner can however link up with Silva very well in attack, yet he can also track back and disrupt like Barry, silva is also very adept at tracking back, only Nasri has get to adapt to Mancinis more defensive methodology when the ball is lost.
Aguero and Dzêko can adapt to both fast breaks or holding long balls up.

Your team and thoughts please?
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Wigan away  Empty Re: Wigan away

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:30 pm

I can't argue with that Beware.

Just got a sneaky feeling he may go like this:

Hart

Richards
Savic
Lescott
Clichy

Barry
Milner
Nasri
AJ

Silva

Aguero

I'd prefer yours though.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 16, 2012 6:30 pm

We shall see!
But I thought after 2 recent games, where he's had to make sweeping changes before halftime to counter the opposition, it would be far easier to go in strong, do the job by halftime, then make leg saving changes?
But, what do I know? I know he has complete faith in the squad, but they haven't all repaid that trust recently!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:33 pm

pretty damn close Moon.....apart from the fragile Micah.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Well, apart from Richards hamstring, I was spot on, hope Savic plays well
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:23 pm

Yeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:57 pm

After the first half,if this is the best that we have to offer we will get hammered by Spurs and Liverpool will be thro' to the final.
At the risk of being repetitous,we are much too slow at going forward,and if Wigan were any better they would have walked all over us.The first half display was abysmal ,and I am being kind.You can see better than this on Hough End any Sunday!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Well, it's a win, ugly at times, but for a Dzêko gaff after Aguero was about to shoot, and some good saves by Al Habsi it would have been a lot easier.
It's a wet Monday win away at Wigan, we can only get better!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Plays By Sense Of Smell Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:13 pm

Why thank you Coolenglishbob. You can also see much worse! Very Happy
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Plays By Sense Of Smell
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:23 pm

Sense if smell
I agree , but not from the team that paralysed the Prem before Christmas.
To be fair I would be hard pressed to select anyone for the MOM award,in the second half I honestly thought that Wigan were going to score,we really are going to suffer if some of these players do not start stepping up to the plate.
The sooner the better Sad

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:36 am

City's man of the match - rekik
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:17 pm

Thought Nasri was looking good yesterday, although given how badly those around him were playing, it might be they were making him look good.

Silva was having a bad day, but he wasn't worst. Barry was having a shocker, his passing was abysmal. He got better as the game went on, but he was really below par. Milner wasn't as industrious as normal either. Dzeko scored and he did well holding the ball up, but couldn't make his shots count. Aguero was running around like a mentalist, but why the hell won't he shoot from distance any more? Second half, yes, he went round the entire Wigan defence, but why try and walk it in? Al Habsi isn't that great, why not have a pop? And at the end, he was clearly through, but passed to Dzeko. Why?

Thought the defence had a solid game, they needed to. But why isn't Clichy running? He was clear in acres of space in the first half, nobody within fifteen yards of him, he should've run for the touch line. But he stopped just over the halfway line and passed it backwards. Why? Savic made a cracking run through the middle, got stuck, passed the ball out and within three passes it was with Hart. What was the point of his run when the rest of the team just play it backwards?

ARGH!!!! Very frustrating performance from a team that's had four clear days rest. Maybe they were just taking it easy for the spuds game, but I did wonder why I bothered freezing my bits off on a Monday night to watch that.

leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:51 pm

There were several occasions where we hared up the wing, then went backwards to Hart! Savic's only surge up the wing ended up with us backtracking to Joe.
The pitch was shite, so that takes some of the fluidity out of our game and makes the pitch a bit of a leveller, as the passing stats say City 80% Wigan 79% it's easy for us to criticise from the stands or watching at home cosily supping on a beer when its taters on a wet monday at Wigan!
We now have a week almost to rest before Spurs, Ade won't be playing which is a bonus, and we hope to have Micah back, the key however, is to convert our chances, as they will no doubt be at a premium on sunday.
Looking at our next 6 games, we "seem" to have the easier run, Utd have big games against top 4-ish sides, several away, now, is the time to continue grinding out results, even if we aren't dazzling the pundits with silky skills thesedays, we are still top, and if we stay there until the rest of our core team return, and our strikers start pounding them in again, I won't complain, Mancini has stated several times, that if we stay top thru jan feb, we can go onto win.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:27 pm

I thought it was a game we wouldn't have won last year the way we played and it was good to see Zabaleta Milner and Barry up for the scrap
Tottenham however are a different kettle of fish.Play like that against them and we'll get stuffed
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down