Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 10 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyToday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

And They Say That Racism is Getting Better....

+4
Paulpowersleftfoot
coolenglishbob
Topdawg
blueboy
8 posters

Go down

And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... Empty And They Say That Racism is Getting Better....

Post by blueboy Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:53 am

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Manchester-City-exclusive-Micah-Richards-quits-Twitter-over-racist-abuse-he-has-received-online-article863723.html

I don't think racism is getting better whatsoever. A black guy may still get abuse by a mob, rather than an individual - just like it was years ago. What's apparent now is that with the advent of the computer, social networking etc...this gives the 'background racist' an opportunity to voice their vile views, remote from the victim and 'safe' from recourse or retaliation.

When we have the likes of Blatter saying what he did, Suarez this season and Rio Ferdinand's interview where he states that he feels that he has been "duped" into believing that things have gotten better....i tend to agree that nothing has really changed.

The bananas of yester-year are not necessary, when you can just stand up in your seat and blatantly act out a monkey chant in front of everyone - a la Anfield.

My last thought - it really doesn't help when the likes of Shaun Custis from The Sun print absolutely shocking articles like yesterday - Racism No 2 Pearce's Racist Attack. This happened 18 years ago in a spat with Paul Ince - but nowhere in the article or headline did it state this.

I sent the Sun an e-mail for what it is worth as this, in a week that we have just had, can only serve to harm the FA and hinder them appointing a manager - which shows what certain journalists intentions are before we've even got to Poland.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... Empty Re: And They Say That Racism is Getting Better....

Post by Topdawg Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:27 pm

ah, the wonderful sun. they have just had 5 staff held under suspicion of corruption.

whodathunkit
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

And They Say That Racism is Getting Better.... Empty Re: And They Say That Racism is Getting Better....

Post by coolenglishbob Sun Feb 12, 2012 3:50 am

I wonder if the FA will do anything about Evras display after the game,or Fergies comments.Talk about bringing the game in to disrepute that is a pair of idiots who really deserve to be discredited.
What right has Fergie got to interfere into the dealings of another club?He wants to sort his own discrepancies out first ie Gary Neville and Evra who have both been guilty of crowd incitement.Neville got a fine what will happen to Evra.Probably nout!!

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 am

To be fair - after what Suarez did - I'd have done it.

We really need to focus on the issue and not let our cross city rivalry cloud our judgement.

Suarez was found guilty of racist comments towards Evra. He had an opportunity to shake Evra's hand, which was offered to him......and refused. Now after all that has been said, he was at fault. He then went on to kick the ball towards the dug-out at half-time, ensuring more spotlight on him.

I would suspect that Dalglish must take a large proportion of the blame - he has continually refused to accept the decision and allow closure to this, thus allowing Suarez to do what he did yesterday.

If the shoe was on the other foot - we'd have been celebrating with our player....and rubbing it in right in front of Suarez after the way he behaved, so just because it's United, i think is irrelevant.....and what Taggert said is only what i think.....Suarez + Dalglish have tarnished Liverpool's reputation by the way they have handled this.

A player refusing to come on as a sub is one thing - being found guilty of racism is another...but to then refuse to accept the punishment and the hand of the victim is unforgivable.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:22 am

i haven't seen anyone comment when evra touched suarez on the back of the shoulder and suarez touched his shoulder as if it was now dirty.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 am

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/9077087/Liverpool-manager-Kenny-Dalglish-is-walking-alone-in-standing-by-Luis-Suarez.html

Henry Winter sums it up IMO.

Yeah Dawg - i saw that as well. He's just a nasty bastard and needs sorting out.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:41 am

For those without Sky - Sunday Supplement links on here:

http://www.footballstreaming.info/streams/todays-links/

Some big guns discussing football, including Martin Samuel.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:03 am

I would hope we as city fans wouldn't have been supporting Suarez like the dippers have if he was our player.The whole club is a disgrace
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:07 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I would hope we as city fans wouldn't have been supporting Suarez like the dippers have if he was our player.The whole club is a disgrace

I agree. But as I mentioned a few weeks ago....the only black player in their team is Johnson. We have lots of black players in our squad - so the dynamics to the fans and players, if this had happened to City is different.

I still tend to believe speaking to a mate who's a Liverpool fan, is that a large proportion are surprised the way the club and manager have handled this.

Martin Samuel has just said on the SS that it appears that the club have backed themselves so far into a corner - it's difficult for them to get out of it. He said that Suarez was knackered in the second half - but if they would have taken him off, they would have lost face in their eyes, which sort of promotes the theory that they have handled this ineptly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:33 am

I know I would never back a racist and to wear the t shirts in support just beggars belief as does still finding people who hate others simply because of skin colour
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:37 am

there is a fine line sometimes between supporting your team/player/manager etc and being a dick.

LFC, KD, the owners, players and many fans are being dicks about this.

even if you think you are right, you have to man up and attempt to put it behind you. bite the bullet and shake hands and move on.

if suarez is so concerned about principles, he should be banned from football forever for biting an opponent.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 am

Especially with that set of pegs
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:20 am

It is a difficult situation.If the reports are true and Suarez called Evra a negro it is Evra who is part of the problem.He is French and Negro in French translates as black.I was led to understand that is what that genre likes to be referred as Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:33 am

people can misunderstand. all suarez needed to do at the time was to apologise if there was a misunderstanding.

he is an arrogant cunt so he wouldn't do that which makes me believe that there was some truth in Evra's allegations.

blimey, if someone gets the wrong end of the stick, i just say sorry.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:08 pm

Are you serious Bob - his name is not "negro" its Patrice Evra. I can always refer to you as white honky - instead of Bob - if you like. LOL
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:48 pm

That's assuming he's one of those whiteys, Wensdi Wink

But you are right. Black people may be okay with their race being described as black, but I'm pretty sure you're on dodgy ground using it when addressing a solitary person. I can see how anyone addressing a Black person as, "Oi, Black!" would come off as a bit racist.

Bob, "Negro" is the Spanish word for black. The French use "Noir". The French use "Negro" in the same way we'd use the N word, so it's not hard to see how Evra would be upset.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:39 pm

From has performance in Sunday Evra is the one who should be getting the stick.If he had acted like an adult and accepted that Suarez is an idiot,and just ignored him I doubt it would be blown up like it is.Also Evras after the match antics were ridiculous.
Another of the culprits is rentagob Rooney,he was incidental in having Vinnie red carded,and he was at it again against Liverpool trying to get players booked.
Wensdi you can refer to me as you wish, but I hope I conduct myself better than Patrice Evra,he is a disgrace Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:21 pm

I thought Evra was being a bit of a tit with his antics at the end as well. Still, what do you expect from rags? And at least Liverpool didn't go waving cards at the ref for Ferdinand's tackle which looked suspiciously like the one Vinnie got sent off for.

And they say we've got no class. Well, if class means gurning at the cameras, winding up the opponents and their fans, swearing at the ref, elbowing people in the face and acting like you can do whatever you like, then I'm glad we don't have any.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:53 pm

leo, you need to check out lezza's gurn after he scored yesterday...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:11 am

Leo
Lescotts gurni was aimed at a team mate,and after that goal he is entitled, but also do not forget that the ref was the one who gave a penalty against Micah
at Anfield which got us out of the cup!! Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:27 am

Hello boys......missed the match as i was flying back from Dubai...but got up at 5am and just watched it.

Great win....but racism again aimed at Mario - and they have black players in their team!

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:55 am

If found to be true, Uefa/Fifa or whoever's in charge, should ban Porto from Europe......make an example of them and nip it in the bud.

Good to hear Yaya say that's why we play in the PL, because you don't get/hear any of that.......well, from the fans anyway.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:13 am

Blathers denial of there being racism in football last year, looks increasingly like comments from an ostrich, burying his head in the sand, if he's stamped down hard when the first incidents happened, it would've sent a message out not only to the fans, but to the clubs across Europe where it is more prevelent.
If he sits on his hands again now, he will have to resign. I font think he realises the domino effect it's having in the game, the FA need to support City in urging the harshest penalties, a fine is just a joke, the only way is severe sanctions, Porto should be kicked out of Europe, it's the only way for this racist ideology that has crept in to fans and players to be quashed. It won't happen, but we should kick up such a stink under Blatters nose, that the media will be looking to him to act strongly.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:19 am

Agreed mate but if the English clubs kick up a fuss, what's the chances of that blithering idiot trying to ban us lot for rocking his everso flimsy boat.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:28 am

initially, this is a platini issue. UEFA need to take a stand and at least make them play a couple of matches behind closed doors of it happens again.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by coolenglishbob Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:48 pm

If PLatini does anything it will be a first for English football.As someone rightly said anything English is ignored by him Smile

coolenglishbob
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:40 pm

Well - now's his chance to impress on the footballing world what he really thinks about racism in football - prior to him taking the FIFA President role. He doesn't have a better opportunity than this, to make a stand on the subject and highlight FIFA's future stance on it.

Can't see it happening though!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down