Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyYesterday at 8:43 pm by Wensdi

» Pep’s at it again
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Title run in, what will happen next? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Title run in, what will happen next?

+4
shakencity
TMG
blueboy
Topdawg
8 posters

Go down

Title run in, what will happen next? Empty Title run in, what will happen next?

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:33 pm

well, the unexpected happened and everton got something from the game.

even though it is in our own hands once again, i still see utd as firm favourites.

we should win today to get within 3 points and should be aiming for a hatful to make the goal difference worth an extra point.

utd only need a draw at our place and i can see a very tough away fixture against newcastle.

if we win it from here, we will have thoroughly deserved it.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Title run in, what will happen next? Empty Re: Title run in, what will happen next?

Post by blueboy Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:01 pm

Welll....one things for sure Dawg...we need to be focussed on today's game first and forget about what's just happened. 3 points a MUST...+++goals, great.

Yes, next week will be massive if we win today. Win for either team next week and it still won't be over. Us away to Newcastle, then United away at Sunderland will be 2 difficult games.

Only a few weeks ago - people were saying this will be Taggert's biggest achievement if he wins this title.....well, if we win it.....it'll be his biggest disaster as a Man United manager......and that'll be doubley sweet if it could happen.

Come on City.....professional display today please.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Title run in, what will happen next? Empty Re: Title run in, what will happen next?

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:12 pm

speaking of professional performance blueboy... I'm so glad Balotelli is suspended!

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:33 pm

i wish he'd got that ban for 8-9 games PG
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:57 pm

Aye dawg, hope he doesnt play next week...

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:58 pm

Not a great performance today but the 3 points was the most important thing

Still a very big ask to win it from here as even if we beat the scum, Newcastle away who will be fighting for a CL place & QPR at home who could still be fighting relegation are extremely difficult games

But its back within our grasp which I for one didnt think it would be so fair play to Bobby & the Boys for dragging us back into contention

Re Balotelli I'd have him on the bench. You never know he could just make amends for all the grief he's caused this season & win the match OR he could get sent off & lose it. That's football for ya !!!
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:17 pm

I wouldn't have Balotelli anywhere near the 1st team for the rest of the season, we cannot afford to have any disruptions at all now.

Everton did superb today, still can't actually believe they got the draw. What a tremendous save by Howard from Pug in injury time to preserve the point, i even jumped up, shouted and applauded.

City did what was required today without too much exursion. Not sure bringing Kolo on and playing 5 at the back towards the end was the best move by Mancini, but we won and kept a clean sheet, so i'm still a happy chappy this weekend.

The title's back in our own hands now, win all 3 and it's ours....simples.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:36 pm

Agree with shaken, he did well last year for the FA cup but he cant help himself. He tries but the rags will try and wind him up. No point getting sent off or becoming a miody petulant chils when you are a goal down. Not for me Tony, not worth the risk...

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:11 pm

Im not saying start him but he could do something in the last 15 20 if required. Admittedly that could just as easily be a sending off but could be a gamble that pays off

Hopefully it wont come to that & we'll be 2 or 3 up by then anyway !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:34 pm

I'm glad we didn't murder Wolves today. Sending them down is bad enough, but to do it with a crushing victory would've been crass.

How weird is it that we could now go on to win if we win our remaining games again, after being dead and buried for the last few weeks? Not that I think we're going to. But it's a relief knowing they can't win the title at ours any more!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Wensdi Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:25 pm

When they were 4-2 up over Everton - the commentators were talking about them lifting the cup next week. Ha ha - they had to back peddle quickly when Everton got their 4th.

No way should we play Mario. Those last 3 games will show if Bobby wants it bad enough - or whether he's still trying to prove something by playing Mario. Can't risk him now. Too much to lose. Mario's had umpteen chances - he'll have to wait until next season to show Mancini - what he's got.
Wensdi
Wensdi
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:00 pm

I think he will go with Mario on the bench, i agree with whats been said but i think i would rather have Mario on the bench than Dzeko. If we need to bring on a game changer do we really want to be relying on Dzeko who has barely played in recent weeks and is suffering from a confidence crisis?
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm

Why change a winning team? 12 goals in 3 games! 8 away from home... Tevez and Yaya are the key players for me, they allow the forwards to operate with confidence, they know they will get a killer pass and a chance to score, and so does the opposition, so it puts the fear into defenders, the uncertainty factor.
We arguably have a better side than when we hammered them at OT, OK, it was a fluke scoreline, but with Tevez in the side, and Yaya, we have 2 players who can tear defences apart and drag the team forward.
Going to be a tough, tough game, no doubting that, but at home, we have that belief, and with a fully fit squad, VK, Lescott on top form, Clichy looking great again, and Richards back if need be, phew...! after just watching the Chelsea Barca game, I hope we are singing the blues next monday!
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down